Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New VirSyn App: Bark Filter

Comments

• edited August 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I will have a demo for this live a lit later this evening, I have it running twice inside AUM with Kaspar and Rock Drum Machine and also AudioReverb on Kaspar too, it's very very cool

Always interested to see your demos, Doug. Who knows, what you show could be a mind changer. But honestly, can this hold a candle to FF Pro-Q2?

I don't have that plug in for Auria, I suppose you could say that even if it doesn't compare to Fab Filters Plug In am I right in thinking that the only iOS app that will work in is Auria or is it an AUv3 now?

• @Zen210507 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I will have a demo for this live a lit later this evening, I have it running twice inside AUM with Kaspar and Rock Drum Machine and also AudioReverb on Kaspar too, it's very very cool

Always interested to see your demos, Doug. Who knows, what you show could be a mind changer. But honestly, can this hold a candle to FF Pro-Q2?

Well in my opinion, not really. Then again, it's a graphic EQ, not parametric, and it can also function as a dynamic EQ and MB compressor, and is an AU, so really we're comparing apples to oranges here. :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Zen210507 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

I don't have that plug in for Auria, I suppose you could say that even if it doesn't compare to Fab Filters Plug In am I right in thinking that the only iOS app that will work in is Auria or is it an AUv3 now?

Nah, not AUv3 yet, but worth it if you master your own tracks.

• edited August 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

Yep, only in Auria. But if you have any FF plug-ins, you will know the quality.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well in my opinion, not really. Then again, it's a graphic EQ, not parametric, and it can also function as a dynamic EQ and MB compressor, and is an AU, so really we're comparing apples to oranges here. :)

A fair comment, JWM.

I shall await Doug's demo with interest.

• @Zen210507 said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

Yep, only in Auria. But if you have any FF plug-ins, you will know the quality.

Please don't get me wrong I absolutely love the FF stuff and have demoed a fair few of them too on the channel, I think Saturn and Timeless are just outstanding and I really hope they get the AU treatment

• edited August 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Please don't get me wrong I absolutely love the FF stuff and have demoed a fair few of them too on the channel, I think Saturn and Timeless are just outstanding and I really hope they get the AU treatment

Yeah, it was those demos that cost me money. ;) Worth every penny, though.

When I asked FF a few months ago, I was told they had no interest in making their apps available to other IOS DAWs. But maybe the rise of AU may change their minds. If so, I hope there is at least a discount of some kind for those who have already bought the not inexpensive Auria versions.

• @Zen210507 Here is my demo video, hope you enjoy it and find it useful too B)

• Just commented in the other thread, so won't dupe that here. A persuasive demo.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Shazamm said:
    how does a developer you release an app and you dont do a video for it and you have a youtube channel ? come on Doug show me the money lol

awesome sauce

• This app is promizing but for the moment, it is crashing all the time. Impossible to have a stable instance on AUM or Audiobus3. Are you facing that kind of issues when pressing on the different tabs ? I have an ipad pro 2017

• @cuscolima said:
    This app is promizing but for the moment, it is crashing all the time. Impossible to have a stable instance on AUM or Audiobus3. Are you facing that kind of issues when pressing on the different tabs ? I have an ipad pro 2017

Hmmm. Sounds like I was right not to trust VirSyn. At least on first release. So now I either have to trust this will get fixed and buy at intro price, or just not bother.

• To be more precise, this occurs with AU, IAA is ok...and only on my ipad pro. On my iphone7, both modes work well.

• I havn't had any problems at all as you can see from the demo it all worked fine, Air 2

• Does this app do anything that the Audio FX app from VIRSYN does?

• No crashes here in either AUM or Cubasis, been using it a lot. iPad Pro 9.7 with whatever the latest OS Apple has imposed on me. ;)

• No crashes to report on iPhone 6 or iPad Air.

• @cuscolima said:
    This app is promizing but for the moment, it is crashing all the time. Impossible to have a stable instance on AUM or Audiobus3. Are you facing that kind of issues when pressing on the different tabs ? I have an ipad pro 2017

It's more likely apples fault rather than Virsyn. The new pros have tons of issues with audio apps. No issues whatsoever on my air2.

• Tempting. Anyone get this going in BM3 with automation recording?

• @Cib said:

@RustiK said:
    New App

2011 VST

:) Indeed. But that is not always a bad thing when there is not much in this area in the iOS world.
    But i wonder what happens if Virsyn released all their desktop derivates as iOS apps. Will they create new fresh iOS apps finally (since their desktop tools seems a dead end and i never would buy them if there is no sign of life like GUI updates).
    So they seems to live from code from the past (but to be fair create new GUI for iOS) and like some other developers they can offer the iOS low prices then. So what happens if they have to create a whole new code/app from the ground. They have to raise price and or need to sell much more copies or they need to have a new desktop tool before for new derivates? I mean it might be a good marketing thing for now but it shows a bit lack of innovation....sorry if that sounds rude.

You are a mind reader.

I love their apps don't get me wrong.

But, after 6 months of Addictive and Posieden not working correctly I am sort of peaved to see new Fx rendition apps.

It's like fix the other apps already.

And yes it is starting to become redundant for me from Virsyn. Sorry.

The Virsyn apps are starting to feel like an furnished house for sale turning into 10 pages of single item Craig's list items for sale.

I am starting to feel like how many ways can you sell me a vox/vocode, filter, or compressor app?

I mean, not being a dick, but I would love to buy some new ideas.

I based this on all the other new ideas that come out daily.

• Fair enough. Sooooo has anyone got this going in BM3 with automation recording? ;)

• I was sold before the initial demo video was over and Bark delivered far more than I had anticipated. Out of many great VirSyn apps this will likely be the one that I use the most.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It's more likely apples fault rather than Virsyn. The new pros have tons of issues with audio apps. No issues whatsoever on my air2.

I wouldn't say that. I'm using lots if music apps every day, and rarely have any issues in my Pro 10.5 with latest IOS. There are a few system bugs to squelch, but nothing I've encountered that is specific to music apps.

• @RustiK said:
    I mean, not being a dick, but I would love to buy some new ideas.

I based this on all the other new ideas that come out daily.

Yes, I know what you mean. Bark looks more useful than I'd initially thought. But is hardly revolutionary.

• @cuscolima said:

No crashes in BM3 as an AU for me

• edited August 2017

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

Ok thanks. I guess that it is possibly related to my iPad pro 12.9 (model 2017) as I confirm that in this config, Bark crash when started as an AU (tested in AUM, Auria and AB3). So what's next ? Write a complaint letter to Apple ? (Just kidding, I loose all my illusions last time I contacted them)

• @jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

Sweet. Can you record and playback automation via the AU interface?

• @cuscolima said:

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

Ok thanks. I guess that it is possibly related to my iPad pro 12.9 (model 2017) as I confirm that in this config, Bark crash when started as an AU (tested in AUM, Auria and AB3). So what's next ? Write a complaint letter to Apple ? (Just kidding, I loose all my illusions last time I contacted them)

I have the same model and it works here so i would probably start a process of elimination

does it still crash if you use it in a new project in Auria right after turning the ipad on? how about in AB3 or AUM on a fresh boot?
    have you tried reinstalling Bark?

@AudioGus said:

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

I haven't actually tried that so hopefully someone else can chime in or i'll return with an answer once i get home

• @jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

I have the same model and it works here so i would probably start a process of elimination

does it still crash if you use it in a new project in Auria right after turning the ipad on? how about in AB3 or AUM on a fresh boot?
    have you tried reinstalling Bark?

@AudioGus said:

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

I haven't actually tried that so hopefully someone else can chime in or i'll return with an answer once i get home

Awesome, thank you. I think this combined with the QuatroMod pitchshifter AU thingy from AudioDamage may be brilliant.

• edited August 2017

@AudioGus said:

@jn2002dk said:

@cuscolima said:

I don't have this one, but none of the other 4 Virsyn AUv3 apps I have (Bandshift, ReSlice, Addictive Pro, AudioEffX) record automation in BM3. Not even if you show the AU knobs.

Currently, of all the AUv3 apps I own, Virsyn are the only ones that won't record automation in BM3.