Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New VirSyn App: Bark Filter

Comments

• New App

2011 VST

• @Hmtx said:
    Ah wow, I like the looks of this. Is it Side-chainable?

Sorry, side chaining is not possible.

• @Shazamm said:

Every damn Friday there are threads like this that take my money. Sigh.
    Ok just to be clear... there are no other AU real-time spectrum analysers for ios outside of the one in Auria, right? Cuz I don't wanna buy this from Vir and then AudioDamage drops a free one in the next hr. I will scream.

• ApeFilter has a spectrum analyzer.

• Purchased!

• @noisefan said:
    ApeFilter has a spectrum analyzer.

Oh thanks. I trust in Ape. Lol

• edited August 2017

• @u0421793 said:

Classic, still have my yellowed, pages falling out, paperback copy of HHGTTG from childhood and my wife listens to the original radio series as a stress reliever.

On topic, just picked up this and ApeFilter ... no idea how I ignored the latter for so long, it's nuts. Bark seems cool and easier to dial in some subtle stuff. I think there is room for both here.

• @u0421793 said:

You know, I used to I think I was a real Anglophile. And then I see something like this and I realize, no, I was just a really big Andy Partridge fan at an impressionable age. You people are weird. :)

• @VirSyn I tell you mate, I use your other apps here and there and like them well enough (especially Addictive Pro), but despite having Bark Filter for a very short time, I KNOW it's going to be a bread-and-butter effect plugin for me. The real-time spectral analyser alone is worth the price, but the fact I can instantly cut frequencies with a graphic EQ function AS WELL AS use this as a simple compressor, MB compressor, and dynamic EQ is a major treat. Thanks for this one mate. ;)

• Yep @VirSyn Bark is gonna be used a Helluva lot here so a helluva lot of thanks to you for it.

• Well, looks like I am jumping off the bridge as well.

Can't not know what people are talking about.

• edited August 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic
    @JRSIV

Small food for thought since it looks like you appreciate Bark Filter and it's filtering capabilities and it's usability.
    Band filters are great to assist in mapping your sound along the frequency spectrum as you pointed out. But there is more, most likely you know this but in case you don't, dispersion of the frequency on the Basilar membrane can be crucial for making your music pleasant to listen to.
    Good book on this is: https://www.amazon.com/Voice-Leading-Science-behind-Musical-ebook/dp/B01LBZTTPO/ref=pd_sim_351_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CZ7EGPY7FSJ9HCS3ZAR2

Think of the old graphic EQizers with up to 30 bands. Different use than parametric.

EDIT: the book is no casual reading. Here you can find out further info. I found it very informing.

http://www.doc.gold.ac.uk/~mas03dm/papers/huron06-review.pdf

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@TheVimFuego said:
    Classic, still have my yellowed, pages falling out, paperback copy of HHGTTG from childhood and my wife listens to the original radio series as a stress reliever.

Back when I was doing a lot of business travel, I was stuck in a long line at customs in London Heathrow airport. I pulled out a bound copy of the whole series a friend had given me and was reading it in line to pass the time. I noticed a British fellow peering over at what I was reading, then shifting about, looking oddly at me and obviously hoping to get my attention. When I couldn't ignore him any more I looked up.

"Excuse me mate, but is that the Hitchikers Guide you're reading there?"

"Uh. Yes. A friend gave it to me. Have you read it?"

"Well ... yes ... I suppose a lot of people have actually. But I can't say as yet that I've ever seen anyone willing to be seen reading it in public."

I love the Brits. B)

• @idexis said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    @JRSIV

Small food for thought since it looks like you appreciate Bark Filter and it's filtering capabilities and it's usability.
    Band filters are great to assist in mapping your sound along the frequency spectrum as you pointed out. But there is more, most likely you know this but in case you don't, dispersion of the frequency on the Basilar membrane can be crucial for making your music pleasant to listen to.
    Good book on this is: https://www.amazon.com/Voice-Leading-Science-behind-Musical-ebook/dp/B01LBZTTPO/ref=pd_sim_351_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CZ7EGPY7FSJ9HCS3ZAR2

Think of the old graphic EQizers with up to 30 bands. Different use than parametric.

EDIT: the book is no casual reading. Here you can find out further info. I found it very informing.

While I never read that book, I know there's a diff between Graphic and Parametric EQs mate. I'm more prone to use the parametrics for mixing down and graphics for "effects" EQing. On a parametric, general rule of thumb is narrow Q when attenuating and wide Q when boosting. Better to attenuate than to boost for the most musical results. ;) Even still, sometimes the ears need a bit of visual help when finding the fighting frequencies (although for sure the ears should be used for the actual EQing part).

• edited August 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@idexis said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    @JRSIV

While I never read that book, I know there's a diff between Graphic and Parametric EQs mate. I'm more prone to use the parametrics for mixing down and graphics for "effects" EQing. On a parametric, general rule of thumb is narrow Q when attenuating and wide Q when boosting. Better to attenuate than to boost for the most musical results. ;) Even still, sometimes the ears need a bit of visual help when finding the fighting frequencies (although for sure the ears should be used for the actual EQing part).

Yes like I said, most likely nothing new for you. The parametric sentence was kinda afterthought and had little to do with the main point and clearly cluttered it, my mistake to even bring it up. I'm not sure how the ears can use visible help :# , but pun aside I know what you are referring to, you're of course right. Sounds can easily blend together in the ear and brain and the threshold is not the same between individuals.

• @idexis said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@idexis said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    @JRSIV

Yes like I said, most likely nothing new for you. The parametric sentence was kinda afterthought and had little to with the main point and clearly cluttered it, my mistake to even bring it up. I'm not sure how the ears can use visible help :# , but pun aside I know what you are referring to, you're of course right. Sounds can easily blend together in the ear and brain and the threshold is not the same between individuals.

Exactly mate. :) Well, at least the pink noise mixing method works for adjusting relative volumes. The real work comes after that with clashing frequencies. :D

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@u0421793 said:

You know, I used to I think I was a real Anglophile. And then I see something like this and I realize, no, I was just a really big Andy Partridge fan at an impressionable age. You people are weird. :)

• I'm nearly off the fence, especially for the price!
    Could anyone tell me - If I was to use this as part of the mastering process, would you place this before or after the final Limiter (Fabfilter Pro L for example)?

• @wim said:

@TheVimFuego said:

Back when I was doing a lot of business travel, I was stuck in a long line at customs in London Heathrow airport. I pulled out a bound copy of the whole series a friend had given me and was reading it in line to pass the time. I noticed a British fellow peering over at what I was reading, then shifting about, looking oddly at me and obviously hoping to get my attention. When I couldn't ignore him any more I looked up.

"Well ... yes ... I suppose a lot of people have actually. But I can't say as yet that I've ever seen anyone willing to be seen reading it in public."

I love the Brits. B)

My wife has the complete collection in one book too. Also a fan of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

I see no shame in reading it in public. I walked around the roughest areas of Kent in a Queen Fan Club jacket so I guess I'm immune to what other people think. Largely. ;)

• edited August 2017

@RustiK said:
    New App

2011 VST

:) Indeed. But that is not always a bad thing when there is not much in this area in the iOS world.
    But i wonder what happens if Virsyn released all their desktop derivates as iOS apps. Will they create new fresh iOS apps finally (since their desktop tools seems a dead end and i never would buy them if there is no sign of life like GUI updates).
    So they seems to live from code from the past (but to be fair create new GUI for iOS) and like some other developers they can offer the iOS low prices then. So what happens if they have to create a whole new code/app from the ground. They have to raise price and or need to sell much more copies or they need to have a new desktop tool before for new derivates? I mean it might be a good marketing thing for now but it shows a bit lack of innovation....sorry if that sounds rude.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@wim said:

@TheVimFuego said:

I love the Brits. B)

My wife has the complete collection in one book too. Also a fan of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

I see no shame in reading it in public. I walked around the roughest areas of Kent in a Queen Fan Club jacket so I guess I'm immune to what other people think. Largely. ;)

Love those books I got these tattoos :)

• @audiblevideo Great tats. I'd like to hang your arms on my wall if that's ok? Inspiring. I have thought long and hard about having pink and floyd done on my forearms. Great job

• @audiblevideo Now that's commitment! Words to live by ...

• @idexis said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic
    @JRSIV

I know a bit of the factors in the frequency spectrum that are similar to the general music theory of resolving to the tonic, etc. Meaning our ears are very sensitive to the timbre and frequency in music that are either pleasing and familiar (like the end of that Middle Eight leading into the root & harmony of the I chord) as well as those that are harsh & uncomfortable.

I'm going to read that pdf ob the subject, looks fascinating, thanks.

• @Shazamm said:
    how does a developer you release an app and you dont do a video for it and you have a youtube channel ? come on Doug show me the money lol

I will have a demo for this live a lit later this evening, I have it running twice inside AUM with Kaspar and Rock Drum Machine and also AudioReverb on Kaspar too, it's very very cool

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Shazamm said:
    how does a developer you release an app and you dont do a video for it and you have a youtube channel ? come on Doug show me the money lol

I will have a demo for this live a lit later this evening, I have it running twice inside AUM with Kaspar and Rock Drum Machine and also AudioReverb on Kaspar too, it's very very cool

Can't wait. :smiley: Perfect way to unwind after a full day.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

Always interested to see your demos, Doug. Who knows, what you show could be a mind changer. But honestly, can this hold a candle to FF Pro-Q2?