Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tell me about Animoog

I've previously bought Filtatron and Model 15 and apparently they've introduced a bundle where i can get Animoog at almost half price

So is it worth it considering i already own Nave and all the PPGs?

What does it do that sets it apart?

I'm a bit hesitant since it's not an AU. These days, a synth has to offer something truly unique for me to consider it if it's not au

Comments

• Just listen to some YouTube reviews, and you'll see/hear what is great about the sound, and how expressive it can be. Some of the IAP packs are also really nice sounding. If you can get it for half price, you have a bargain!

• edited August 2017

It's a quality synth, definitely different than nave and the PPG apps, so don't let that hold you back.

A good overview video (except for the drag fail at 0:33 :D ):

• @1P18 said:
    It's a quality synth, definitely different than nave and the PPG apps, so don't let that hold you back.

A good overview video (except for the drag fail at 0:33 :D ):

That's pretty sweet

@Zen210507 said:
    Just listen to some YouTube reviews, and you'll see/hear what is great about the sound, and how expressive it can be. Some of the IAP packs are also really nice sounding. If you can get it for half price, you have a bargain!

Looks like i do have a bargain!

Thanks gents

• @jn2002dk said:

Thanks gents

You are welcome.

If you have Fugue Machine, try using that to control AniMoog. You'll have fun. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@jn2002dk said:

Thanks gents

You are welcome.

If you have Fugue Machine, try using that to control AniMoog. You'll have fun. :)

Absolutely. If it's AB3 midi compatible, i'll do FM->SPA->Animoog :D

• @jn2002dk said:

@Zen210507 said:

@jn2002dk said:

Thanks gents

You are welcome.

Absolutely. If it's AB3 midi compatible, i'll do FM->SPA->Animoog :D

One more thing, our friend Doug Woods just uploaded a demo of one of the better AniMoog IAP's. You don't need to like the band to get a LOT out of the sounds.

https://youtu.be/c301XHYzEXg

• @Zen210507 btw do the IAPs unlock more timbres?

• edited August 2017

@jn2002dk said:
    @Zen210507 btw do the IAPs unlock more timbres?

The IAPs actually download more wav files for the timbres needed for the new presets

• @jn2002dk said:

Yes. I think one of them may just be presets but it says exactly what you get

• @Hmtx said:

@jn2002dk said:

The IAPs actually download more wav files for the timbres needed for the new presets

@db909 said:

@jn2002dk said:

Yes. I think one of them may just be presets but it says exactly what you get

Cheers

• I love Animoog and can only recommend every ios music lover to have it. BUT, the presets pack are not universal and this is a real scandal. If like me you have bought both versions of Animoog (IPad and IPhone), if you are interested with a preset pack, you will have to buy it twice should you want it on both devices. A real scandal!

• @cuscolima said:
    I love Animoog and can only recommend every ios music lover to have it. BUT, the presets pack are not universal and this is a real scandal. If like me you have bought both versions of Animoog (IPad and IPhone), if you are interested with a preset pack, you will have to buy it twice should you want it on both devices. A real scandal!

That's good to know. So far i just got the ipad version but it's certainly something to keep in mind. Thanks!

• If you bought the packs, you have the right to use them freely for yourself, including figuring out how to open them in iPhone. I've never bothered, myself...

• And personally, if I ever need them on iPhone, I'll probably just buy the packs again since it is worth saving the hassle

• I have just the opposite situation. I own Animoog but don't have Filtatron or Model 15. I'm not big on trying to figure out modular's so 15 never appealed to me. But I do see a lot of support here for it. Maybe if Filtatron was AU it would be more appealing.

I guess I just talked myself out of it. Saved $20 (Insert cash register sound here) for something else.

• there are more than enough presets for Model-15, no need to get modular personally
    it's got a remarkable sound quality ;)

• @Hmtx said:
    If you bought the packs, you have the right to use them freely for yourself, including figuring out how to open them in iPhone. I've never bothered, myself...

>

I don't know if there is a possibility to transfer the presets via iTunes. Maybe.
    The point here is that I'm ok to pay some more to have a universal app. This can be a good business case for the dev : make an IPad version of the app and, for a few bucks more, give the possibility for the user to use the app on IPhone. But please, don't do that with the presets. It is as if I have to pay several times for the same music album because I want to hear it on two devices...something very emotional here!

• @JudgeDredd said:
    I have just the opposite situation. I own Animoog but don't have Filtatron or Model 15. I'm not big on trying to figure out modular's so 15 never appealed to me. But I do see a lot of support here for it. Maybe if Filtatron was AU it would be more appealing.

I guess I just talked myself out of it. Saved $20 (Insert cash register sound here) for something else.

@Telefunky said:
    there are more than enough presets for Model-15, no need to get modular personally
    it's got a remarkable sound quality ;)

This. Not trying to talk you into spending money but the presets are great and it's one of the best sounding synths on iOS

Also, the init preset is set up to make sound so you can go from where. It's very simple to do a standard 2 osc synth

My only gripes with Model 15 are the UI, which i'm not really fond of and that it's a major cpu hog but the sound quality is so worth it

• Hehe, great - I already had Model 15 and animoog, so now i can just get Filtratron without paying!

Thanks for the hint ...