Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Mixer - IAA state saving possible?

I found that AUM does save the state/settings of the Inter App Audio I use.

Which is quite a bummer when I reload old sessions?

The apps in question here are AUFX peak and Push. his own apps?

Anyone found a solution to this?

Comments

• edited August 2017

Just gotta save presets inside those apps, or host them in Audiobus

• IAA doesn't have state saving so there's nothing AUM can do. If the app supports AudioBus state saving then you can host it in AudioBus with AUM in the output slot. Then save the AudioBus session.

• @wim said:
    IAA doesn't have state saving so there's nothing AUM can do. If the app supports AudioBus state saving then you can host it in AudioBus with AUM in the output slot. Then save the AudioBus session.

Thanks .. guess ab is the solution then... I'm happy the audio units don't change state

• @hisdudeness said:

@wim said:
    IAA doesn't have state saving so there's nothing AUM can do. If the app supports AudioBus state saving then you can host it in AudioBus with AUM in the output slot. Then save the AudioBus session.

Thanks .. guess ab is the solution then... I'm happy the audio units don't change state

The AU host app saves the state of any AU apps it's hosting. Depending upon the AU, you may or may not be able to save its current state as a preset in the AU app itself.

• @InfoCheck said:

@hisdudeness said:

@wim said:

The AU host app saves the state of any AU apps it's hosting. Depending upon the AU, you may or may not be able to save its current state as a preset in the AU app itself.

thanks so far all AU's have worked well .....EOS2 being my fav.....i'm loving all the stereo tools in AUm including the one for mono compatibility

• This thread is as close as I can come to a discussion of my problem. Here goes:

When I use the AU version of Eos 2 in either an AUM or apeMatrix mix, when I set a preset in Eos 2, then save the AUM or apeMatrix mix, when I reopen it, Eos 2 has reset the preset to Default. Anyone else seeing that?

Thanks!

• @motmeister In my experience the AU settings and parameters are stored correctly in the AUM session, but the preset name of some AUs is reset to „default“ because thse don‘t store the name itself.

• So when I open the arp preset, even though the name is default because the name doesn’t get stored, the original Eos2 preset’s parms have been stored? I can test that...

That appears to be true! It DOES confuse things if I want to know which preset I actually used. Because of this confusion I’ll have to keep some kind of notes. I was thinking about that earlier and wondering whether a text file might be included in the presets for ANY of these apps (AUM, apeM, Cubasis, etc). That would really be helpful! I’m dreaming, of course. Lol!

• @motmeister said:
    So when I open the arp preset, even though the name is default because the name doesn’t get stored, the original Eos2 preset’s parms have been stored? I can test that...

That appears to be true! It DOES confuse things if I want to know which preset I actually used. Because of this confusion I’ll have to keep some kind of notes. I was thinking about that earlier and wondering whether a text file might be included in the presets for ANY of these apps (AUM, apeM, Cubasis, etc). That would really be helpful! I’m dreaming, of course. Lol!

You can create text notes at the session level in AUM. Settings > Notes.

• Holy cow! Now I’ll have to scout in the new apeMatrix and see if it has anything like that. Thanks!