Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone bought one of the little ROLI keyboards?

13»

Comments

• @kagamul said:
    I recently got me a Seaboard Block to use primarily as a controller for the Moog Model 15 app.
    So far I am impressed! I need to spend more time with it but the polyphonic pitch bending and aftertouch are awesome!

Like with every new instrument, you need to practice!!!
    I might get me a second one to have 4 octaves...

Exactly what I thought after playing with a Seaboard for 30 minutes. But I would need to get a second one sooner or later.

• Hey all,

Sorry for dragging up and old thread but I'm trying to let people know about something we're putting out for use with the ROLI Seaboard. I know there's not too much out there for the seaboard so people seem really hyped about this and I'm sure many of you guys would be interested...

If you'd like to be notified when the website is live & AURAS is available for pre-order visit https://slateandash.com

AURAS is a sample library for use with NI Kontakt that explores the realm of musical sounds that are formless or undefinable in nature, encouraging exploration of texture and performance over sustained lengths of time.

It is the first Kontakt library designed for use with ROLI multi-touch technology (it is also compatible with traditional MIDI keyboards).

This is Slate and Ash's first commercial release after producing 2 limited edition libraries REVERIE and RESONANCE that have been used in film scores by Johann Johannson, Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury, Daniel Pemberton, Dan Romer, Neil Davidge and many more.

Our bespoke work has featured on films such as Arrival, Ex_Machina, Annihilation and Darren Aronofsky's recent 10 part series 'One Strange Rock' for which we also composed half of the music score.

AURAS features a collection of multi layered instruments using sample recordings from strings, winds, modular synth, voice, guitar and all sorts of other random oddities. Performing patches from the library with Roli's multitouch technology allows you to polyphonically play with the shapes and forms of each patch in a dynamic and unique way.

Here's some videos of a few of the patches being performed during our development phase. (some videos contain iPhone sound only).

As well the curated patches in AURAS there is a COLOURS section of the library which will the broken down layers in their own instances. It has its own GUI which features a mod matrix that allows for simple routing of multi touch parameters to various parameters inside Kontakt allowing for custom building of patches.

The first 150 copies will be available at an early bird price and also include a vinyl album of tracks made with the library by us and some amazing composers/artists.

The website is currently in development but should be up very soon for pre-orders on the library as well as full video demos and detailed information.

If you want to keep up to date with us in the meantime you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

• Just FYI... I’m having a lot of fun playing Roli Noise (as an AU in AUM) with the Aftertouch app on my iPhone 6S Plus (which has 3D Touch).

I’m curious about a Rise Seaboard. But for now I’m happy playing glass.

The IAP sound packs from Roli are pretty amazing aren’t they?

• edited May 2018

@SlateandAsh said:
    Hey all,

Sorry for dragging up and old thread but I'm trying to let people know about something we're putting out for use with the ROLI Seaboard. I know there's not too much out there for the seaboard so people seem really hyped about this and I'm sure many of you guys would be interested...

If you'd like to be notified when the website is live & AURAS is available for pre-order visit https://slateandash.com

AURAS is a sample library for use with NI Kontakt that explores the realm of musical sounds that are formless or undefinable in nature, encouraging exploration of texture and performance over sustained lengths of time.

It is the first Kontakt library designed for use with ROLI multi-touch technology (it is also compatible with traditional MIDI keyboards).

This is Slate and Ash's first commercial release after producing 2 limited edition libraries REVERIE and RESONANCE that have been used in film scores by Johann Johannson, Geoff Barrow & Ben Salisbury, Daniel Pemberton, Dan Romer, Neil Davidge and many more.

Our bespoke work has featured on films such as Arrival, Ex_Machina, Annihilation and Darren Aronofsky's recent 10 part series 'One Strange Rock' for which we also composed half of the music score.

AURAS features a collection of multi layered instruments using sample recordings from strings, winds, modular synth, voice, guitar and all sorts of other random oddities. Performing patches from the library with Roli's multitouch technology allows you to polyphonically play with the shapes and forms of each patch in a dynamic and unique way.

Here's some videos of a few of the patches being performed during our development phase. (some videos contain iPhone sound only).

As well the curated patches in AURAS there is a COLOURS section of the library which will the broken down layers in their own instances. It has its own GUI which features a mod matrix that allows for simple routing of multi touch parameters to various parameters inside Kontakt allowing for custom building of patches.

The first 150 copies will be available at an early bird price and also include a vinyl album of tracks made with the library by us and some amazing composers/artists.

The website is currently in development but should be up very soon for pre-orders on the library as well as full video demos and detailed information.

If you want to keep up to date with us in the meantime you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Just amazing...looking forward to this release :) Added my email to the list.

Cheers

• @echoopera said:

@SlateandAsh said:
    Hey all,

Just amazing...looking forward to this release :) Added my email to the list.

Cheers

Awesome! Thank you and welcome aboard :)

• Hi guys,

Overview videos up for both the AURAS section of the library (multilayered, curated patches) and the COLOURS section (sample synth engine which uses the source material from AURAS).

Introductory price ends this Friday!

• @SlateandAsh said:
    Hi guys,

Overview videos up for both the AURAS section of the library (multilayered, curated patches) and the COLOURS section (sample synth engine which uses the source material from AURAS).

Introductory price ends this Friday!

I bought AURAS yesterday for my Seaboard Block. It's pricey when you consider the number of presets that are included, but the presets (and the component parts) are unusually deep and expressive. With the full version of Kontakt (which is currently required), you can tweak them into a wide range of sounds.

Many of the presets are like multilayered puzzles. Wiggle one of the keys forward and to the left or right, and a whole new aural tone might peek out from the evolving soundscape. I've had a lot of fun exploring it, especially the pads.