Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone bought one of the little ROLI keyboards?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @johnfromberkeley said:

@kobamoto said:
    how's the direct usb connection control of apps, even without using mpe?

Great. Zero latency over BT.

USB C CABLE.

Wait. So it doesn't have a normal usb cable ? So it can't be used with my desktop ? This saddens me greatly :(

• any videos not by roli lol?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

USB C CABLE.

Wait. So it doesn't have a normal usb cable ? So it can't be used with my desktop ? This saddens me greatly :(

Yes it can. it has a normal "A-male" for the computer (and CCK, of course). The "C" side goes into the keyboard, and it ships with one. Amazingly, the first "C" cable I've owned.

• @johnfromberkeley how's the seaboard block going for you? Thinking of getting one myself and thought I'd ask if your still enjoying the seaboard and if there's any problems etc. thanks

• lightpad is cool. bluetooth is fast and fun. i have the touch and live blocks to go with it. with those 2 blocks, it's pretty fun. but without them it can get a little tedious digging through their dashboard setup app. Also their software base needs some work. Their equator player, is very limited. I talked to Roli and they have a full version coming out this fall for desktop that will function as a fully tweakable synth.
    Mpe is cool, but takes a while to setup in abelton live, because of the way midi works. I've heard other Daws are easier though. I have used it with sun master on desktop, and it's pretty fun.
    I get the impression that the Roli concept caught on a little quicker than people they though it would; and right now they are playing catch up to get the business side of things up to the same speed. I have faith that by the end of the year they will start getting things dialed in and smoother workflow. i'm gonna hang with them for a bit and see how things go.

• Can you play now the Equator and the Equator Player with seaboard block? I understand Roli is selling the Equator software now.

• I've posted some of my Seaboard videos on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/sanjayc

• @SanjayC needs a ROLI Seaboard RISE 49!

Standard size keys, not mini.

• @SanjayC said:
    I've posted some of my Seaboard videos on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/sanjayc

I've really been enjoying your videos, thanks for posting!

• @mrufino1 said:

@SanjayC said:
    I've posted some of my Seaboard videos on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/sanjayc

I've really been enjoying your videos, thanks for posting!

I have been enjoying your videos, too.
    Actually, it was me commenting over there in YouTube, suggesting to come here for providing links to your YouTube videos. Just my user name over there is different, it s Master MIDI.
    You got the Seaboard Block, which comes with Strobe2 Player. Would be interesting to have a video demonstrating the included MPE patches.

• I have two seaboard blocks and a lightpad. I am a formally trained piano player and I find the seaboard amazing. Does it integrate into iOS, well yes and no.

On the desktop, Blocks Dashboard allows use with almost any software with full control over all parameters. On iOS, that’s not the case. Blocks Dashboard is built into Noise but it doesn’t persist outside the app. You can use it but it doesn’t work well with many apps.

On the desktop it’s another story. It works great with Equator, and it’s easy to use with Logic Pro’s built in plug ins including Alchemy, Sculpture, and the Sampler which support MPE. I have made some amazing patches with the Logic Pro sampler. It also works great with Kontact, also amazing possibilities. And there are plug ins that work great like Softube Modular, many U-HE plug-ins, etc.

The Blocks seem to perform better on the desktop in general.

The lightpad block is limited. It works well as an XY controller with the Seaboard Block or as a fader controller. I like using it in chord mode in Noise, it works well that way along side the Seaboard. It’s less responsive than the seaboard.

The bottom line though is the Seaboard will let you play in a way that no other controller can. Case in point, the Noise app SWAM engine sounds, like the tenor sax or the violin. Or the Kontact stock guitars in multitimbral mode run though pedal boards and amp. It’s the first time I have ever been able to play this instrument sounds like that and have it sound and feel like the real instrument. It goes where no keyboard, pitch bend/mod wheel can go. It’s really amazing, and for me that makes it worth it.

It works with AUM also, and with some midi filters it can work it’s most apps.

• @mireko_2 said:
    @johnfromberkeley how's the seaboard block going for you? Thinking of getting one myself and thought I'd ask if your still enjoying the seaboard and if there's any problems etc. thanks

I wish I could tell you more. Shipping in 3-4 weeks, that's what was written on the web site.
    That's 3 weeks ago, so maybe it's gonna be at home tonight?
    Keep dreaming :smile:
    Maybe I should say a prayer for fast delivery? B)

• I have not a Roli Seaboard, but i will bought two Block Seaboard, a Lightpad and a Roli Control next Year. And than i will concepted a spezial Midi Controller. Its look like my simple Grafic-Design.

• @freemobil64 said:
    I have not a Roli Seaboard, but i will bought two Block Seaboard, a Lightpad and a Roli Control next Year. And than i will concepted a spezial Midi Controller. Its look like my simple Grafic-Design.

Yeah, that's the future of music :-)

• nice design

• Roli just started a cash back promo for the Seaboard Rise. So if you're undecided between Seaboard Block or Rise, cashback mit influence your descision.

• @SanjayC said:

I’m enjoying your Seaboard videos SanjayC keep them coming.

• For those who ordered directly from ROLI and already received it: when did you order and how long did it take to arrive?

• Just today, I saw that ROLI is offering a new bundle
    Seaboard Block
    Lightpad M
    Loop Block
    Snap case for these 3 controllers
    Full version of Equator

Hmmm, maybe I should change my order...
    GAS is always with me B)

• I just got a Seaboard Block yesterday. Not really used it with iOS but played from some hours with Equator on the desktop. It’s amazing

• Quick update. Lots of fun on iOS with Roil’s own apps. GeoShred is also fab with it. Other apps with MPE functionality seem to depend on a number of things. For example Animoog was a lot more enjoyable for me when I set up a Midiflow preset that allowed me to remap glide on the Roil to aftertouch in Animoog whenever I wanted it that way round. So sometimes I think you have to work to set things up. Something like Midiflow is a necessity as Roli doesn’t give you that kind of option on iOS.

Still I would recommend it wholeheartedly as an amazing thing.

• Anyone else out there who likes to share his first or second experiences with it?

• I received the mail today that they now have it in the Apple Store. I called the local store up, And they confirmed it's there and set up for trying it out. I just can't stand the waiting anymore, got to drive there. I will let you know how it felt in my hands.

• @teleb said:
    I received the mail today that they now have it in the Apple Store. I called the local store up, And they confirmed it's there and set up for trying it out. I just can't stand the waiting anymore, got to drive there. I will let you know how it felt in my hands.

Waiting :smile:

• My order has been delayed but Roli have been very informative about the reason for the delay and I will get a upgrade to the full Equator app.

• edited November 2017

I did a test ride in the Apple store yesterday. The new light pad is much more playable then the old version, nice improvement, I like it. Before it was difficult to play a note sequence with Low velocity. It is not as sensitive as the seaboard but very usable.
    The seaboard is really very different from a normal keyboard. Might even be better like that for a Non keyboarder like me. It seems easier to get started with the seaboard. At least this is how I feel about it. The distance to push down the key doesn't exist like on a normal keyboard, I like that.

• BTW, in a recent exchange with Roli over a question I had about working with the Lightblock, I asked again about plans to port Dashboard to iOS. This was the response: “We are certainly looking into the potential for iOS BLOCKS Dashboard support for future updates; stay tuned!“ Which I file under, “promising”

• this would be a nice roli combination too. Ok, the lightpad need a new design form.

• edited November 2017

I recently got me a Seaboard Block to use primarily as a controller for the Moog Model 15 app.
    So far I am impressed! I need to spend more time with it but the polyphonic pitch bending and aftertouch are awesome!

Like with every new instrument, you need to practice!!!
    I might get me a second one to have 4 octaves...