Video...FL Studio Mobile Setting Up & Getting Started with bonus sharing Video

Here is a quick set up guide to getting the best from the app.....I know loads of people don't like it.
https://youtu.be/x6tKQJgWUuU

Comments

  • 24 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

  • The GMS synth IAP has one of the very few LP filters on iOS that can be controlled via 7-bit MIDI (live or recorded) with a completely smooth response. No stair-stepping.

    For that reason I keep it loaded.

  • @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

  • edited July 30 Vote Up0

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though many people don't like, it consistently managed to be on the top 10 of app store, paid music category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

  • @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

  • @thesoundtestroom Watched your video. Well done but you missed the proper procedure for exporting. Share is to share projects between devices and works great. To export audio files you hit Save. In the next window give it a file name at the top, set the middle selection to wav and tap on the bottom line to select the Destination. Choose Send To and then tap the Save button and you will get your options. No need to go through AB as you did to export.

  • @Suboidua said:

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    Of course it is, it was high in the charts in version 2 as well. The FL name is big., the IMpc apps are always in the charts.

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @Suboidua said:

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    Of course it is, it was high in the charts in version 2 as well. The FL name is big., the IMpc apps are always in the charts.

    They're having some teething pains but have been putting out regular updates and are committed to the platform. I believe an update is due out this week.

  • OK I now know how to share to AudioShare etc, when you save Choose Wave, then hit save and a the bottom of the menu there is a Destination option that is set to FL, tap that and you get another option or OPEN IN....yay

  • @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    Well, thanks for this video, I did not realize (or forgot) that I had a Midi recorder in FLM... and it seems to record well on AB3...

    I think LINK will greatly enhance FLM and FLS...

  • edited July 30 Vote Up0

    @anickt said:

    @BiancaNeve said:

    @Suboidua said:

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    Of course it is, it was high in the charts in version 2 as well. The FL name is big., the IMpc apps are always in the charts.

    They're having some teething pains but have been putting out regular updates and are committed to the platform. I believe an update is due out this week.

    The teething pains excuse is getting old now. They started work on this in 2015, and it's been out for 8months or so. And there's still a load of features (like Audiobus and iAA instruments and the ability to create your own instruments from samples) either missing entirely or not working as well as they did in version 2.

    Talking of committed to the platform where are their other mobile apps in the App Store? Deckadance and GrooveStationMobile ?

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @anickt said:

    @BiancaNeve said:

    @Suboidua said:

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    Of course it is, it was high in the charts in version 2 as well. The FL name is big., the IMpc apps are always in the charts.

    They're having some teething pains but have been putting out regular updates and are committed to the platform. I believe an update is due out this week.

    The teething pains excuse is getting old now. They started work on this in 2015, and it's been out for 8months or so. And there's still a load of features (like Audiobus and iAA instruments and the ability to create your own instruments from samples) either missing entirely or not working as well as they did in version 2.

    Talking of committed to the platform where are their other mobile apps in the App Store? Deckadance and GrooveStationMobile ?

    I don't know about all that but I've been able to do most of what I want to do with it quickly and efficiently. That's all I care about.

  • So I have edited the previous video and chopped the end off because you can easily share your work with other app and here is a little video demo explaining how
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrR6thbf5XQ

  • edited July 31 Vote Up0

    @thesoundtestroom Found this one useful Sir Doug.Like FL as a foundation garment and you sent me back to it in a simpler state of mind. Ta.

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @anickt said:

    @BiancaNeve said:

    @Suboidua said:

    @studs1966 said:

    @anickt said:
    Well - I for one really like it! I don't think people have given it a chance. IL is working on adding features to what is a new app from ground up (vs FL Mobile 2). This and Caustic are my two favorite apps to use when I just want to make a piece of music without worrying about MIDI, Link, hosts, etc. etc. Sure FLSM is a little sparse in some areas but overall I find it very powerful. Will check this video when I get a moment. Thanks Doug!

    I agree..... ;)

    +1

    even though it doesn't get the much praise from the ios community, it is consistently on the top 10 of the app store, paid music app category.

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=iphone

    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/music/paid/?device=ipad

    Of course it is, it was high in the charts in version 2 as well. The FL name is big., the IMpc apps are always in the charts.

    They're having some teething pains but have been putting out regular updates and are committed to the platform. I believe an update is due out this week.

    The teething pains excuse is getting old now. They started work on this in 2015, and it's been out for 8months or so. And there's still a load of features (like Audiobus and iAA instruments and the ability to create your own instruments from samples) either missing entirely or not working as well as they did in version 2.

    Talking of committed to the platform where are their other mobile apps in the App Store? Deckadance and GrooveStationMobile ?

    I had Deckadance & GrooveststionMobile(that's the House beat I use in my tune, Loaded from AudioShare)....
    I didn't know they are not(well Groovestion Mobile) has been taken off too?
    DeckaDance would of tho, as Gibson accuqired the software years ago. Hence it's not in FL 12 DAW.

  • DeckaDance vst....... I mean LF studio 12 DAW plugin.

  • FL studio was my first love with computer music that's why i am so upset and mad with this Ios version who is still messy with IAA support (and of course no AU) while it was so perfect and easy in the version 2 (with the Music Studio architecture)...

  • Deckadance was an iOS App from FL as well as a vst.

  • @grego68 said:
    FL studio was my first love with computer music that's why i am so upset and mad with this Ios version who is still messy with IAA support (and of course no AU) while it was so perfect and easy in the version 2 (with the Music Studio architecture)...

    Likewise, plus who knows where version 2 might have been now with 2 years of enhancements rather than throwing out the baby with the bath water.

  • I thought an update was supposed to hit to get IAA working on FLSM this week?

  • @RajahP said:
    I thought an update was supposed to hit to get IAA working on FLSM this week?

    Well I thought it was going to launch with all the features of FLSM2, still waiting....

  • edited August 12 Vote Up0

    @BiancaNeve said:

    @RajahP said:
    I thought an update was supposed to hit to get IAA working on FLSM this week?

    Well I thought it was going to launch with all the features of FLSM2, still waiting....

    Seems the update did appear.. AB3 seem to work now... IAA I cannot get going...

    Now, how do you Sync to other apps?

  • @RajahP said:

    @BiancaNeve said:

    @RajahP said:
    I thought an update was supposed to hit to get IAA working on FLSM this week?

    Well I thought it was going to launch with all the features of FLSM2, still waiting....

    Seems the update did appear.. AB3 seem to work now... IAA I cannot get going...

    Now, how do you Sync to other apps?

    Well without the AB transport controls, with great difficulty... best to raise it as an issue on the image line forum.

  • Got fl working with bm3 but it seems fl only has one midi channel to assign it channels.

Sign In or Register to comment.