Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3.01 update live

12345679»

Comments

• edited August 2017

@guidinglight said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@guidinglight said:
    Two nights in a row of about three hours constructive work, both projects lost due to crashes. I love this app, but it frustrates me so much. Trying to reload the one autosave that managed to work results in all AUv3 effects crashing and no sound.

What device are you on if you don't mind me asking ? Is it one of the newer pros ?

Yes.

Figures. It seems the new pros are quite crash happy even with some AU's in AUM. So it's not a BM3 specific issue. So in addition to random latency issues they also crash :/ definitely not grabbing one till these issues get fixed. If they get fixed that is.... The new IOS beta made apps like Auria completely stop working. So Apple might be trying to fix your issues. Although not yet successfully. Meanwhile Bm3 is rock solid on my Air2. The new patch made loading projects with multi Aux load normally now.

• @wim said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    ... Does it mean that you can change parameters for multiple pads in one time ?

No.

Too bad for me... This would save me so much time when I want to change a parameter on all slices after saving them to pads... Maybe one day.

• So interesting to see, running BM3 on my new ipad 2017 128GB. I have literally not have had 1 crash since I used BM3, all saves work, all AU's parameters settings, even IAA load perfectly, guess I am lucky.

But as a general reply to your concerns, auto saves are prone to be corrupted thats why I regularily versionize my work and create new saves on a 1-2h basis. Gives you up to 34 or more versions for a track but that way nothing is lost. Unless of course the iPad HW fails..but then...I just create new music instead...

• edited August 2017

Since the last update my 2017 ipad has been much more stable.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Actually found a better workaround. Use mfadapter as standalone without ab3. Send modstep tracks to mfadapter 1. Each track from channel 1-16. In bm3 set bank input and out to none. On each pad you want controlled set input port to all and channels from 1-16 You can now control up to 16 layers via modstep, this works for all 16 in one bank or spread across multiple banks. Hope this helps @Jumpercollins

I've been using Modstep and midflowAdapter too but it is working with just Modstep to Beatmaker 3, just send each Modstep track to Beatmaker 3 port on different midi channels, set the bank to midi in Port: all channel: all. And each pad to Port:Bank setting and different channels specific to Modstep tracks.

Works for me....

Why use Modstep with BM3?

Because I prefer it's sequencer. Having a scale locked piano roll is extremely useful when scketching chord progression and melodies. Plus I've used it for hundreds of hrs.

I do like scale locked piano rolls.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@wim said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    ... Does it mean that you can change parameters for multiple pads in one time ?

No.

Too bad for me... This would save me so much time when I want to change a parameter on all slices after saving them to pads... Maybe one day.

I highly encourage posting feature requests in the Intua forum. I saw someone else (or maybe you?) asked a question about this over there, but I don't think there's a feature request. They have a dedicated sub-forum for feature requests, and the developers actively look at and comment on posts there.

• Any news on the iphone version?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Any news on the iphone version?

Yep, I'd like to know this too.

• @HandOfEmpty said:

@DaveMagoo said:

It will be a while, I'm guessing. There's still much in flux and many bugs to squash.

• edited August 2017

Just revisiting Maschine (2) on the desktop at the moment, pleasantly surprised by the similarities to BM3.

• @aaronpc said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

@DaveMagoo said:

It will be a while, I'm guessing. There's still much in flux and many bugs to squash.

Bug squashing first makes sense I suppose. Just can't wait to have this iPhone SE as a compact sampling drum module.

• edited August 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    Just revisiting Maschine (2) on the desktop at the moment, pleasantly surprised by the similarities to BM3.

Yep Maschine is moving ahead nicely... seems it's the logical way to create music (in groups/blocks) ..

• I need to say that since the update, BM3 is a real dream come true... Best HH beat making solution ever... Whatever the platform.
    Took me a few weeks... But after a few hey beats, I'm in love...
    Peace.

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    I need to say that since the update, BM3 is a real dream come true... Best HH beat making solution ever... Whatever the platform.
    Peace.

Lets hear some examples then Loco?

I am patiently awaiting the iPhone version....

• @MonzoPro said:

BM3 is more or less Maschine on the iPad as far as I'm concerned, so many similarities.

• 3.02 should be here in a week or so...

• @DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    I need to say that since the update, BM3 is a real dream come true... Best HH beat making solution ever... Whatever the platform.
    Peace.

Cool, share them up Master Loco, I totally dug your Bilbao stuff!

• @AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

I love u both guys, for real... currently on holydays with family and poor connection... I'll be back on september to share something but don't expect too much... right now I do simple 3-4 tracks beats and spend hours chopping and slicing like I was never able before...
    I still hope That I will be able to change the parameters of all pads of a bank at once and to play a loop without having to hold a key when trying to time it right... this would make the already best beat making app even greater...
    Peace mates.

• This app is getting ai good. Love the macros

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

I love u both guys, for real... currently on holydays with family and poor connection... I'll be back on september to share something but don't expect too much... right now I do simple 3-4 tracks beats and spend hours chopping and slicing like I was never able before...
    I still hope That I will be able to change the parameters of all pads of a bank at once and to play a loop without having to hold a key when trying to time it right... this would make the already best beat making app even greater...
    Peace mates.

Aww, :heart: you too man! blush Hope you are having a great vacation. I hear changing parameters on all pads is in the current update but I have seen mixed reaction to how it is implemented. Right now I am in PC mode with Chordflow and Future Drummer and trying my best to meld the spirit of Vangelis and HipHop without sounding cheesy... needs more swear words I think.

• @AudioGus said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

Peace mates.

Aww, :heart: you too man! blush Hope you are having a great vacation. I hear changing parameters on all pads is in the current update but I have seen mixed reaction to how it is implemented. Right now I am in PC mode with Chordflow and Future Drummer and trying my best to meld the spirit of Vangelis and HipHop without sounding cheesy... needs more swear words I think.

For what I understand, the update brings change parameters on all layers and not on all pads which is kind of strange for me... With the way I use the app and with the poor layer navigation system (particularly the fact that the slices ordering and naming gets all messed up when you slice a sample to a layer), I don't really have a use for change parameters on all layers while I literally spend hours repeating the same parameter change on 16 or 32 pads, one by one, when I want to change the pitch of a loop that I sliced to pads (for example)...
    This is obviously the change that I wait the most... Maybe the only one as the app is already wonderful and beyond my expectations after using MPCs and other best making apps for years.
    Peace mate.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

Peace mates.

For what I understand, the update brings change parameters on all layers and not on all pads which is kind of strange for me... With the way I use the app and with the poor layer navigation system (particularly the fact that the slices ordering and naming gets all messed up when you slice a sample to a layer), I don't really have a use for change parameters on all layers while I literally spend hours repeating the same parameter change on 16 or 32 pads, one by one, when I want to change the pitch of a loop that I sliced to pads (for example)...
    This is obviously the change that I wait the most... Maybe the only one as the app is already wonderful and beyond my expectations after using MPCs and other best making apps for years.
    Peace mate.

Ahh I see. Yes in that case the best you can do now is set the parameters you want and then slice them to the pads. The nice thing is that you can slice to pads again if you decide you want the parameters to be different but then of course you lose your per pad changes.

I actually haven't been using the new update at all as I am mostly using Chordflow/Future Drummer into PC lately.

• I already do exactly as you propose... If you ain't my soulmate, you must be my beatmate lol :smiley:

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

... and to play a loop without having to hold a key when trying to time it right... this would make the already best beat making app even greater...

Peace mates.

Do you mean to be able to trigger a loop to keep repeating while not holding down the pad? Sort of a "toggle loop" so that it would stay on until you tap it again a-la AUM File Player?

Or do you mean just to play a longer sample all the way through (once) with a single tap? Because this is just setting "one-shot" in the parameters.

• edited August 2017

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

Here is a beat I made using BM3 only :

https://www.soundcloud.com/el-grego-loco/alguien-beat-made-with

Peace.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

Peace.

Cooool man! The funk is strong! That has a nice bounce to it.

• is there a way to use an external controller on the mixers?

• @ElGregoLoco said:

@AudioGus said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Peace.

Peace.

That shit is dope, intro sounded like the prodigy