Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3.01 update live

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

> Pretty sure it will shine in a few updates...

>

Guys, this is a little nuts. All of the brilliant ministrations of @wim and @Carnbot and @ccs2 and @gonekrazy3000 combined still can't solve BM3. There seems to be whole sections of this app that are taped off and under construction. No one forced me to buy this the moment it came out (literally) — although those BM3 beta testers who intimated that this app would solve all problems seem to be awfully quiet right about now.

Good luck to those of you who are up to the challenge of solving the mysteries of BM3. My new radical agenda: learn the apps I already bought.
    Starting with iPulsaret.

Works for me. Needs a bit of polish, but there's nothing else like it in iOSland, so no point throwing baby out with the bath water.

Yah, it works amazingly for me. I just aproached it with a 'This app is greater than me' perspective and am now just chillin, enjoying it's addition to the system. The missing link for me was found yesterday (with the help of @Carnbot and @wim) that when set properly that each of the first 16 pads recieves a different midi channel automatically. This really has completed the creative loop and enabled me to now wire the final loose ends up of getting Patterning and Future Drummer to play nice.

Getting Bm3 has inspired me to clear the decks, wipe all past projects and sketches aside and start a new album from scratch, which is going great and has me not wanting anything else. The new method/process is crystal clear now and any traces of appoholism or G.A.S. have vanished from my system. Praise BM3

• glad for the update. love bm3. when is it gonna go universal ? I am dying to have this on my iphone and take it with me

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Guys, this is a little nuts. All of the brilliant ministrations of @wim and @Carnbot and @ccs2 and @gonekrazy3000 combined still can't solve BM3. There seems to be whole sections of this app that are taped off and under construction. No one forced me to buy this the moment it came out (literally) — although those BM3 beta testers who intimated that this app would solve all problems seem to be awfully quiet right about now.

Good luck to those of you who are up to the challenge of solving the mysteries of BM3. My new radical agenda: learn the apps I already bought.
    Starting with iPulsaret.

Sounds like a good plan - for you.

As for me, I'm having a great time, getting more music I like, faster than I ever have. ModStep was years getting to BM3's level of stability even now. And BM3 is already easier to learn. (Don't get me wrong. I love ModStep ... just putting things in perspective.)

No regrets here. But I'm an old guy, very, very patient, and consider learning something challenging actually enjoyable, not a pain. B)

• @wim said:

>

No regrets here. But I'm an old guy, very, very patient, and consider learning something challenging actually enjoyable, not a pain. B)

+Tru dat.

• @AudioGus said:

Getting Bm3 has inspired me to clear the decks, wipe all past projects and sketches aside and start a new album from scratch, which is going great and has me not wanting anything else. The new method/process is crystal clear now and any traces of appoholism or G.A.S. have vanished from my system. Praise BM3

I haven't made anything finished with it yet (not the app's fault, just personal turmoil), but I've had loads of fun mucking about and learning how to use it. Normally I'd be grumpy about bugs, as you know, but there's more than enough here for me to get my teeth into already, so any new features will be icing on the cake. It's such a big old thing, unique and useful as anything, it'd just be churlish complaining.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

As for me, I'm having a great time, getting more music I like, faster than I ever have. ModStep was years getting to BM3's level of stability even now. And BM3 is already easier to learn. (Don't get me wrong. I love ModStep ... just putting things in perspective.)

Very happy to stand corrected. I was under the impression you guys were tearing your hair out. I've spent less than three total hours with BM3, mostly trying to chop a sample and assign it to pads. I have been hoping I could figure things out by doing. But time and again, my careful placement of markers is undone. The distinction between "saving to pads" or to "single layer" or "multiple layer" or "apple loop" is lost on me. So when I see these Talmudic discussions that are causing the forum's best and brightest to sweat, I just assumed the app was beyond me.

I would love to see a simple how-to on taking a sample (say the opening two measures of Beethoven's Fifth?), chopping it to 16 pads, and then playing those pads into a track.

• @AudioGus said:

@wim said:

>

+Tru dat.

What? The just the old guy part, or all of it? o:)

• @wim said:

@AudioGus said:

@wim said:

>

+Tru dat.

What? The just the old guy part, or all of it? o:)

The gettin your learn on bein groovey.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

You sound like the coolest guy!

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Nope. Grumpy and uncool as as hell (ask my teenage daughter). Just a nerd who happens to make music rather than the other way around.

• Yeah it's in a strange state. Works perfectly with some apps but not others. Unfortunately it's not working with two of my favs Xynthesizr and Patterning. I'm optimistic the dev will get things sorted

• @wim said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Nope. Grumpy and uncool as as hell (ask my teenage daughter). Just a nerd who happens to make music rather than the other way around.

Nerds are cool

• @ecamburn said:
    Yeah it's in a strange state. Works perfectly with some apps but not others. Unfortunately it's not working with two of my favs Xynthesizr and Patterning. I'm optimistic the dev will get things sorted

Works OK with Patterning here. What is your setup like?

• @ecamburn said:
    Yeah it's in a strange state. Works perfectly with some apps but not others. Unfortunately it's not working with two of my favs Xynthesizr and Patterning. I'm optimistic the dev will get things sorted

just set each pad to send to a differrent midi channel in patterning. it works perfectly at that point.

• @triton100 said:

@wim said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Nerds are cool

Exactly right.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Nerds are cool

Exactly right.

Yeah, guys, keep telling yourselves that.
    ;)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@triton100 said:

@wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Nerds are cool

Exactly right.

Yeah, guys, keep telling yourselves that.
    ;)

Everyone's perception is reality at some level, my friend. Cognitive research confirms this.

• edited August 2017

@gonekrazy3000

@ecamburn said:

just set each pad to send to a differrent midi channel in patterning. it works perfectly at that point.

He's talking about hosting inside BM3.
    Patterning, Xynthesizr, Egoist and some others aren't working that way and all freeze up.

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@Carnbot said:

@ecamburn said:

Patterning, Xynthesizr, Egoist and some others aren't working that way and all freeze up.

Yeh. Discovered that meself after that post. Unfortunate. I hope these things are being reported over on the Intua site where they'll get more direct attention.

• @wim said:

@Carnbot said:

@ecamburn said:

Yeh. Discovered that meself after that post. Unfortunate. I hope these things are being reported over on the Intua site where they'll get more direct attention.

Yep I think it's been logged :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

>

Starting with iPulsaret.

Well... You have to give me credit 'for being diplomatic'... Can let my frustrations get the better of me...

Ok... I hope it will shine in a few updates...

Peace..

• @wim said:

@ecamburn said:

Load Patterning as a plugin on to a pad, LINK notification displays, open Patterning's interface, try to start Patterning via its transport, no love. Many other similar apps with built in sequencers work as expected.

To clarify, my goal is simply to capture Patterning's audio in BM3 driven by Patterning's own internal sequencer.

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@ecamburn said:

@wim said:

@ecamburn said:

Load Patterning as a plugin on to a pad, LINK notification displays, open Patterning's interface, try to start Patterning via its transport, no love. Many other similar apps with built in sequencers work as expected.

To clarify, my goal is simply to capture Patterning's audio in BM3 driven by Patterning's own internal sequencer.

Yes, I can see how that is not working at all.

Easy workaround for now is to set up Patterning in an Audio input slot in AudioBus3 with BM3 in the output, then set up a pad to receive the audio input. Finally, set up an audio track to receive the input from the pad to record patterning's output. With Link enabled in both apps, this works well.

• edited August 2017

@Richtowns said:
    @Blipsford_Baubie My limited play getting the Beatstep Pro to trigger drums and two individual instruments gave me this conclusion exactly. Idid get it working but I say, it aint logical easy to setup and I hope Im doing it wrong. I do love BM3 though so will forgive almost anything.

Yeah. I rescind my remark expressing dissatisfaction over having to have the pad with the AU/IAA selected in order to trigger it with a controller. After learning about the focus actions it all makes sense. It's no different than how infinite looper works or midisteps behave. I love it cause mapping buttons to bring a channel into focus for playing/recording is much quicker than having to change midi channels from the controller everytime. At least with my controller. And i guess for a multitimbral approach...I'll figure that one out another time since that's not my usual approach. I'm guessing the latter method would be best handled outside BM3, piped in via AB or AUM, like @wim suggested for other reasons.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Richtowns said:
    @Blipsford_Baubie My limited play getting the Beatstep Pro to trigger drums and two individual instruments gave me this conclusion exactly. Idid get it working but I say, it aint logical easy to setup and I hope Im doing it wrong. I do love BM3 though so will forgive almost anything.

Yeah. I rescind my remark expressing dissatisfaction over having to have the pad with the AU/IAA selected in order to trigger it with a controller. After learning about the focus actions it all makes sense. It's no different than how infinite looper works or midisteps behave. I love it cause mapping buttons to bring a channel into focus for playing/recording is much quicker than having to change midi channels from the controller everytime. At least with my controller. And i guess for a multitimbral approach...I'll figure that one out another time since that's not my usual approach. I'm guessing the latter method would be best handled outside BM3, piped in via AB or AUM, like @wim suggested for other reasons.

Yes, BM3 definitely can be mysterious when you're expecting it to function in a particular way and it works another way. This perception can be so jarring that it can be difficult to determine whether what you're experiencing is bug or if you haven't figured out how a particular function works.

• I am happy to wait for a bit more polishing, but mostly because it's (to me) a complex bugger that will take some taming and -no doubt- in return deliver goodness. Full procrastinate mode currently, but confident we both (it and me) will get there.... :)

• I'm just tapping away and somehow got two great patterns going :o
    Saving a lot tho!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I am happy to wait for a bit more polishing, but mostly because it's (to me) a complex bugger that will take some taming and -no doubt- in return deliver goodness. Full procrastinate mode currently, but confident we both (it and me) will get there.... :)

I would say it is mildly idiosyncratic over complex and in the end just go into it thinking BM3 knows best. Just submit to it.

• Resistance is futile :#

Now where did I hear that from?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Resistance is futile :#

Now where did I hear that from?

The future.