Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3.01 update live

Comments

• @wim said:
    Damn! I just set up a bank of 8 Ruismakers, with the pad notes set to C#2, D#2, E#2, etc. Works great. Saved the bank. Force-quit BM3, then reloaded the Bank. It loaded perfectly and immediately. A bank with each pad having it's own mixer channel and FX. B)

Using copy-paste of pads made setting up this bank literally less than a 5 minute task.

Sweet! I still have 8 pads left, so I guess 6 of 'em are gonna Ruismaker FM. :)

Yeah I did exactly that :)

• They fixed the zoom-out button on the pattern editor so that it only zooms out vertically enough to fit the notes in the pattern. Before, it used to zoom out ridiculously far so that the notes were too tiny on the vertical axis. This works perfectly (for me) now.

• @MonzoPro said:

@tja said:

I see auto-save world is still intact.

OMG! When are they going to get rid of the annoying separate auto-saved sessions. Just simply save the current session like any other apps, pleassseeee...

• @Suboidua said:

@MonzoPro said:

@tja said:

I see auto-save world is still intact.

OMG! When are they going to get rid of the annoying separate auto-saved sessions. Just simply save the current session like any other apps, pleassseeee...

I'm that screenshot, the newest autosave is in the middle of the list, which is just silly.

• @Trueyorky said:

@wim said:
    Damn! I just set up a bank of 8 Ruismakers, with the pad notes set to C#2, D#2, E#2, etc. Works great. Saved the bank. Force-quit BM3, then reloaded the Bank. It loaded perfectly and immediately. A bank with each pad having it's own mixer channel and FX. B)

Using copy-paste of pads made setting up this bank literally less than a 5 minute task.

@wim or @ Trueyorky - how does one give a Pad its own mixer channel and fx? I know that you could do this by assigning each Pad a different audio track, but is there an easier way to do this on the Pad screen? BTW, I have a Ruismaker bank set up in similar fashion with multiple instances in a bank, so I am very curious.

• @ALB for the FX per pad, press the grid button(left to the lock icon) in the FX header

• @LemurFlight said:
    @ALB for the FX per pad, press the grid button(left to the lock icon) in the FX header

@LemurFlight - Ahh thanks!

• So far I got the hand of BM3 a bit more but also had my first major crash. Imported a nice drum kit from Cubasis and created a bank, saved it and recorded a pretty cool pattern. The added AU Voice Rack effects and added delay only to the snare which was really awesome! Then I think while changing screens or something bam! Lost my pattern. The kit did get saved and all but lost my setup of bank B where I had laid out the kit.

Lesson learned. While there is so much sonic power now at our fingertips, the good old advice to save frequently applies again.

I don't blame BM3 at all because it could be my old Air1, or the VoiceRack AU effect or a combination of the two. Whatever it is, my advise SAVE frequently.

Question, I thought BM3 auto saved. What happened?

• @ALB said:

@LemurFlight said:
    @ALB for the FX per pad, press the grid button(left to the lock icon) in the FX header

@LemurFlight - Ahh thanks!

Yes it's pretty much set up already. Double click on the channel header in the mixer channel and that reveals individual mixer channels for each pad.

• Also, it's a good idea to have effects on the FX send channel, this way you can have each pad "Send" it's signal the FX channel and have whatever effect you've set on the FX channel be applied to that pads sound. Really amazing stuff!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    So far I got the hand of BM3 a bit more but also had my first major crash. Imported a nice drum kit from Cubasis and created a bank, saved it and recorded a pretty cool pattern. The added AU Voice Rack effects and added delay only to the snare which was really awesome! Then I think while changing screens or something bam! Lost my pattern. The kit did get saved and all but lost my setup of bank B where I had laid out the kit.

Lesson learned. While there is so much sonic power now at our fingertips, the good old advice to save frequently applies again.

I don't blame BM3 at all because it could be my old Air1, or the VoiceRack AU effect or a combination of the two. Whatever it is, my advise SAVE frequently.

Did you try one of those copious "auto-saves"? I'm guessing times like this are why they put it in there.

• I'm still getting Audiobus issues with BM3. No AB3 midi and distorted audio when it's in the midi slot. Other than that this seems to be a good update and is opening up the possibilities for the app.

• I looked in there but only saw old ones and not for today. So how do I enable auto save?

@aaronpc said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    So far I got the hand of BM3 a bit more but also had my first major crash. Imported a nice drum kit from Cubasis and created a bank, saved it and recorded a pretty cool pattern. The added AU Voice Rack effects and added delay only to the snare which was really awesome! Then I think while changing screens or something bam! Lost my pattern. The kit did get saved and all but lost my setup of bank B where I had laid out the kit.

Did you try one of those copious "auto-saves"? I'm guessing times like this are why they put it in there.

• It seems like auto saving got turned off. Somehow I've had two crashes today since updating and I've lost one project and progress on another. They must have disabled auto saving by default for this update because my work was not saved automatically.

• It should be on by default, to save you from the bugs. Unless the feature itself is buggy. I've been learning bm3, but not relied on it too much for work yet for this reason.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Also, it's a good idea to have effects on the FX send channel, this way you can have each pad "Send" it's signal the FX channel and have whatever effect you've set on the FX channel be applied to that pads sound. Really amazing stuff!

Thanks!

• edited August 2017

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

This is very cool, except I can't figure out this part

with the pad notes set to C#2, D#2, E#2,

How do yoy change the notes that the pad are assigned to?

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

How do to change the notes that the pad are assigned to?

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

Tap the wave icon on the left hand side of the screen, and at the bottom-left you'll see the adjuster for the pad note.

• edited August 2017

@wim said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

Tap the wave icon on the left hand side of the screen, and at the bottom-left you'll see the adjuster for the pad note.

Ok, I got that, but that just sets the note for the pad in the bottom left, correct? Can you set each pad to be custom notes, so you see only the "black keys" in the case of Ruismaker?

EDIT: oh, now I get what you guys are doing. I thought you were loading 8 different Ruismaker kits, and then when pressing "KEYS" you'd only see pads for the black keys for selected kit.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@wim said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Trueyorky said:

@wim said:

Ok, I got that, but that just sets the note for the pad in the bottom left, correct? Can you set each pad to be custom notes, so you see only the "black keys" in the case of Ruismaker?

EDIT: oh, now I get what you guys are doing. I thought you were loading 8 different Ruismaker kits, and then when pressing "KEYS" you'd only see pads for the black keys for selected kit.

Now I'm lost. I thought they were doing what you describe in your edit.

• This is what I think is being described. 8 instances of Ruismaker, and 6 of RFM, Each pad's "base note" set to a different black key, so you effectively can bang away on one Ruismaker kit and one RFM kit arm the same time.

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

This is what I think is being described. 8 instances of Ruismaker, and 6 of RFM, Each pad's "base note" set to a different black key, so you effectively can bang away on one Ruismaker kit and one RFM kit arm the same time.

Ah yes. Makes sense. Thanks for easing my confusion.

• Is it possible to midi learn the mixer? I want to map to my launch control xl.

Also how can you control AUX macros when your playing with a bank. Focus actions are bit limited in my opinion.

• edited August 2017

@aaronpc said:
    It should be on by default, to save you from the bugs. Unless the feature itself is buggy. I've been learning bm3, but not relied on it too much for work yet for this reason.

It must've been a bug, because it went on working again after I posted this.

Anyway, another strange bug where I load up a project and Phosphor resets to init preset. I re-open the project from inside sessions (rather than at load-up), and the problem fixed itself.

• @Dchild said:
    Is it possible to midi learn the mixer? I want to map to my launch control xl.

Also how can you control AUX macros when your playing with a bank. Focus actions are bit limited in my opinion.

There's lot of promise, but still a way to go yet with midi learn. It's very bank-centric. I've set up my Quneo to select the bank, then I have a fair bit of control from there, but no, the mixer and the AUX channels are left wanting. I expect this will get resolved with broader user feedback at some point.

• After mucking with different midi configurations both before and after the update with the new omni midi mode option in the Midi Settings and also the Midi Setup per pad/au/iaa; i have concluded when using something outside of BM3 to trigger notes, that the pad with the instrument needs to be selected in order to hear it. I sure as heck hope I'm doing it wrong.

• @Blipsford_Baubie My limited play getting the Beatstep Pro to trigger drums and two individual instruments gave me this conclusion exactly. Idid get it working but I say, it aint logical easy to setup and I hope Im doing it wrong. I do love BM3 though so will forgive almost anything.

• I can't figure out yet if the midi in is working properly or not...sometimes it seems to. But I'm trying to get Patterning to trigger different pads and I can't get it to work yet no matter what I try in the configuration. even with route all midi to selected pad switched off.

• @Carnbot said:
    I can't figure out yet if the midi in is working properly or not...sometimes it seems to. But I'm trying to get Patterning to trigger different pads and I can't get it to work yet no matter what I try in the configuration. even with route all midi to selected pad switched off.

Same here. What's vexing is that it's flaky. Works fine with some apps but not with others. I'm still aware it could be user error.

• edited August 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Carnbot said:
    I can't figure out yet if the midi in is working properly or not...sometimes it seems to. But I'm trying to get Patterning to trigger different pads and I can't get it to work yet no matter what I try in the configuration. even with route all midi to selected pad switched off.

Same here. What's vexing is that it's flaky. Works fine with some apps but not with others. I'm still aware it could be user error.

Yes it's very confusing, tried yesterday with step poly arp and seemed to be working but today with Patterning it's not. I feel they need to make the midi in workflow a bit clearer, seems very muddy.

edit: Yes pretty sure it's not working unless I've done something wrong, if I select any midi input I can't get anything to trigger multiple pads in the bank, even when I change the pad notes in the pad editor to the notes I'm sending ...seems like its always stuck on keys mode