Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3.01 update live

Comments

• Zee Plane... Boss, zee Plane...
    Yes Tattoo, the plane is here..

• @RajahP said:
    Zee Plane... Boss, zee Plane...
    Yes Tattoo, the plane is here..

Smiles everyone!

• Sadly, it still does not show up as MIDI sender in AudioBus.
    This was my first try :-)))

• Update now in UK App Store.

• Great :)
    On my brief test, still not working as an AB3 midi receiver but working on multiple midi ports so can work with midiflow adapter. So can now sequence multiple pads independently :) have to check the midi settings in BM3, there's an option to send all midi to selected pad on or off.

• edited August 2017

I'm delighted with this update. Using more than one instance of the same AUv3 plugin now produces audio when reopening a session. Nice one Intua! :)

All is needed is the ability to record scenes into the song mode like on Ableton Live and more than 8 banks in the song mode and BM3 will be the perfect DAW on iOS.

• Ok, pressing the update button...

• edited August 2017

I can't try it until tonight... Anyone can say if it feels more stable, and if it produces less audio glitches and cracklings when playing in sequence mode...?
    This is my main hope, not waiting for much more now... But this would really change everything.

• Updated, hope to check the improvements later.

Question: I can't seem to find a way to send midi to sequence an external synth. Shouldn't there be an option to create a Bank that sends midi? The midi options for banks only seems to appear if a bank is set up as a sampler or an IAA/AU host, and midi out doesn't seem to work at all, even after selecting the correct port and channel. Am I missing something basic here?

• I never had crashes anyway but just did a quick IAA test and record, all worked fine.

• @HandOfEmpty said:
    Updated, hope to check the improvements later.

Question: I can't seem to find a way to send midi to sequence an external synth. Shouldn't there be an option to create a Bank that sends midi? The midi options for banks only seems to appear if a bank is set up as a sampler or an IAA/AU host, and midi out doesn't seem to work at all, even after selecting the correct port and channel. Am I missing something basic here?

You have to load a sample into the pad to send midi out, but you can mute the sample. I think it's working now in BM3, it seems now you only have the option to load a plugin or a sample on to a pad.

• @Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

You have to load a sample into the pad to send midi out, but you can mute the sample. I think it's working now in BM3, it seems now you only have the option to load a plugin or a sample on to a pad.

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I've got to that point, but still nothing works, even with a muted sample...

• @HandOfEmpty said:

@Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

Thanks for the reply. Yep, I've got to that point, but still nothing works, even with a muted sample...

Midi out is working for me in my brief test. But it's a bit odd you have to load a sample to get to midi out options for specific pads, don't know why you can't just have a blank pad send midi out.

However you can have a bank send midi out without loading a sample. Think this is a new fix.

• @Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

@Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

Midi out is working for me in my brief test. But it's a bit odd you have to load a sample to get to midi out options for specific pads, don't know why you can't just have a blank pad send midi out.

However you can have a bank send midi out without loading a sample. Think this is a new fix.

Oh cool, I see they've added that option for banks now. Should be for pads too, definitely - I will need that. Good to know midi out seems to be working for you. I still think I must be missing something considering my synth won't receive anything at all. Might just need to try it with a different synth, or one of the chromatic channels - my Nord Drum only responds to six notes on Channel 10, so I'm not making it easy for myself. :)

I have a feeling that the new midi Omni on/off switch might help with this issue. Unfortunately can't test it just yet.

• edited August 2017

@HandOfEmpty said:

@Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

@Carnbot said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

Oh cool, I see they've added that option for banks now. Should be for pads too, definitely - I will need that. Good to know midi out seems to be working for you. I still think I must be missing something considering my synth won't receive anything at all. Might just need to try it with a different synth, or one of the chromatic channels - my Nord Drum only responds to six notes on Channel 10, so I'm not making it easy for myself. :)

I have a feeling that the new midi Omni on/off switch might help with this issue. Unfortunately can't test it just yet.

hmm it's a bit odd, maybe it's not working how I expected. Tested on my Volca sample and it worked but just tested on volca FM and only triggering one note. need to spend more time and see what's going on.... ok it is working but you still have to load something on to the pad to get it working properly across the keys.

• edited August 2017

Is anyone else still having the issue of a project being frozen for 5-10 seconds (ie not being able to tap anything on the screen) after it has been loaded? Air 2, 10.3.3

Other than that, loving BM3. Had my first proper play yesterday (also, Replicant 2 is great!). Not wanting to hijack the thread, but:

• @willhindson said:
    Is anyone else still having the issue of a project being frozen for 5-10 seconds (ie not being able to tap anything on the screen) after it has been loaded? Air 2, 10.3.3

Other than that, loving BM3. Had my first proper play yesterday (also, Replicant 2 is great!). Not wanting to hijack the thread, but:

Isn’t a plugin in the background that’s loading after the projects been open?
    Seems to happen with certain AUv3 plugin instruments like iSymphonic...

• :) Hooray for update! Viva Intua!

• edited August 2017

LINKed apps now play correctly and you can record the audio into pads as expected. As much as I love the crazy quilt of apps on ios, I'm pretty sure this will replace many apps in my workflow - launchpad (probably just use this as an fx processor now rather than clip launcher), aum, modstep, blocs wave. I've been looking for a non-gadget ios sketchpad to capture, trigger and sequence audio loops from ios apps, and it looks like bm3 could be the one. Really exciting. Now if intua added Ableton export like Gadget, that would be Nirvana

• :) :) :) I am so happy :) :) :) as now I can save and recall sounds I create with the NFM app as an AU inside BM3. See yah I'm off to play...

• Stonkin' update, and they are already working on 3.0.2 which apparently has something new, not just bug fixes...

• Good news. My Ruismaker FM bank with six instances is now working fine.

• Bm3 was completely not usable for me. With the update, I’m really excited to get to work. It really is the ultimate iOS daw for me.

• edited August 2017

@Artmuzz said:
    I'm delighted with this update. Using more than one instance of the same AUv3 plugin now produces audio when reopening a session. Nice one Intua! :)

OH so that is what was going on with my little Mood Au failed experiment. Sweet, maybe I will give it another whirl.

• Ok... Just tried the update... Still the same random glitches and cracklings when playing 3 tracks projects... Just Sad !

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Ok... Just tried the update... Still the same random glitches and cracklings when playing 3 tracks projects... Just Sad !

How does this project look like?
    Can you upload it?

And as i wrote, i had such problems with invisible background processes - try an Power-Home-until-Apple reboot ;-)

• This is why I upgraded to iPad Pro 10.5. Seven different tracks including multiple AU, and no crackling. Can't say the same about iPad mini 4.

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Ok... Just tried the update... Still the same random glitches and cracklings when playing 3 tracks projects... Just Sad !

I've never had this be an issue on my Air 2. I've thrown some crazy stuff at it too. I'm also not seeing much in the way of reports like yours on the Intua forum. Maybe you could provide more detail about what you're doing? It sure seems like something particular about your setup.

• @ElGregoLoco said:

please upload the project somewhere. i genuinely want to test it.

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

Damn! I just set up a bank of 8 Ruismakers, with the pad notes set to C#2, D#2, E#2, etc. Works great. Saved the bank. Force-quit BM3, then reloaded the Bank. It loaded perfectly and immediately. A bank with each pad having it's own mixer channel and FX. B)

Using copy-paste of pads made setting up this bank literally less than a 5 minute task.

Sweet! I still have 8 pads left, so I guess 6 of 'em are gonna Ruismaker FM. :)