Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic Drums update includes new IAP with 4 new synth engines

Here are the new IAP synth engines:

Comments

• Rest of the update:

• Also, did you know that in the iOS Settings app you can change the highlight color for Elastic Drums? Well now you know don't ya.

• @1P18 said:
    Rest of the update:

midi send triggers from the jam screen - ooooooo - that could be highly useful. to be honest, the jam screen is about the only feature on Elastic I find worth it.

• @Halftone said:
    the jam screen is about the only feature on Elastic I find worth it.

Say whaaaaat??? It's got greats sounds, great effects, great automation.

• @1P18 said:

@Halftone said:

yeah I know - i found the sounds to electronic for my taste.

• I can't remember: is Elastic Drums universal? Do I need to purchase the IAP for iPad and phone?

• @Halftone said:

@1P18 said:

@Halftone said:

Sample import IAP takes some of the edge off, but I hear ya.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I can't remember: is Elastic Drums universal? Do I need to purchase the IAP for iPad and phone?

Yeah it's universal, and fits well on small screens.

• Only $3.99 for the new synth engines. Not bad. :) Even if I don't necessarily need them, it's always good to support this excellent developer. :)

• no brainer!

• Agreed. The video doesn't do much for me but I throw a few dollars at apps each week so why not encourage Elastic to continue growing.

• Is the iPhone version still crippled when it comes to pitching things for melodies, etc?

• Of course. Done!

• I don't know if anyone caught it there in the video, but it said the IAP unlocks preset saving for the synths, so apparently they are available to try just by updating?

Either way, nice addition.

• @1P18 said:
    I don't know if anyone caught it there in the video, but it said the IAP unlocks preset saving for the synths, so apparently they are available to try just by updating?

Either way, nice addition.

Yes, they are available to try without purchase. Sound pretty good to me.

• Options are good. Load one up and keep hitting random to see what they have to offer. I just bought 'em. Staple app.

• THis is such an impressive app/

I have had it for years and love it still

Flux Pad and ED together are a blast.

• You don't need another iOS drum machine after this and Patterning.

• edited July 2017

@guidinglight said:
    You don't need another iOS drum machine after this and Patterning.

I disagree. @brambos has something amazing in testing. Cant wait for it to be out to public :)

It can play really well with elastic drums with a few tweaks...

• edited July 2017

Some quick notes from the developer, as it's maybe not that self explanatory:
    You can try and play the synths without any restrictions (try before buy) - Factory presets using these synths are marked with an (I). BUT: To save a preset yourself containing the new synths, you have to purchase them.
    I should have added a news/welcome screen or something similar to quickly explain a bit when you open the app

And here is another video about the update:

I also updated the manual concerning the new synths ... Midi will follow ...

• @magnum38 said:
    Some quick notes from the developer, as it's maybe not that self explanatory:
    You can try and play the synths without any restrictions (try before buy) - Factory presets using these synths are marked with an (I). BUT: To save a preset yourself containing the new synths, you have to purchase them.
    I should have added a news/welcome screen or something similar to quickly explain a bit when you open the app

And here is another video about the update:

I also updated the manual concerning the new synths ... Midi will follow ...

Thanks for the update and congrats.

• Oh, and here is another video by awesome Doug from thesoundtestroom:

• @magnum38 said:
    Oh, and here is another video by awesome Doug from thesoundtestroom:

Thanks for posting this already, i was about to do it

• edited July 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

@magnum38 said:
    Oh, and here is another video by awesome Doug from thesoundtestroom:

Thanks for posting this already, i was about to do it

So great to see your hands on Elastic Drums again <3

• edited July 2017

Big fan of ElasticDrums, love the app but it keeps pushing my Air2 to the limits inside AUM. Meaning I can't use many IAA , AU effects .

Any chance of performance optimizations @magnum38 ?

• @Korakios said:
    Big fan of ElasticDrums, love the app but it keeps pushing my Air2 to the limits inside AUM. Meaning I can't use many IAA , AU effects .

AUM show about 50% on my Air2, nothing else running, but it is what it is

• edited July 2017

@1P18 said:

@Halftone said:

my favorite feature is the sample handling - you don't even need precise cutting of imported stuff, as it's very good on doing that.
    Let alone the selection of way displaced parts of the sound for the loop part.

• @gsm909 said:

@Korakios said:

Elastic Drums is CPU heavy, there is nothing much left to improve, unless completely rewrite the audio engine, what will happen if we do a ED version 3 (VST, AU V3), but this a future thing

Anyways: 50% on an Air2? I get between 40% and 50% on my Air2, still high though.
    Muting channels and effects help a bit to save CPU ...

• @Korakios said:

The record function is handled nicely, allowing you to quickly export audio, either by pattern or song. Dumping audio to AUM or elsewhere is a surefire way for performance optimization and reliability too.

• @Halftone said:

Mhmm. I'm sure this will light any number of candles for EDM based musicians, but it just doesn't work for me.

• @magnum38 said:

@gsm909 said:

@Korakios said:

Elastic Drums is CPU heavy, there is nothing much left to improve, unless completely rewrite the audio engine, what will happen if we do a ED version 3 (VST, AU V3), but this a future thing

Anyways: 50% on an Air2? I get between 40% and 50% on my Air2, still high though.
    Muting channels and effects help a bit to save CPU ...

Fortunately the internal effects and sound tweaks are enough, so no need to run other apps at the same time . Will bounce the audio until a more CPU friendly version arrives.

The new synth engines sound great , congratulations and thank you :)