Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper 2.3 -- Twitter integration, and a loop recorder

Folks -- update to Infinite Looper (and Aleph, of course). The feature most people will probably use is a loop record mode -- set the app looping, and then you can play to your hearts content, jamming over whatever is going on in the background. The playing gets recorded into a series of individual loops (sort of like "takes" for those who use Logic Pro). Pick the take that captures whatever you want to capture, and then you can insert it into the loops on the main interface (it goes into the first open spot on the track that you're playing with). Dan from MIDI Designer calls it a look-ahead looper, and he was the catalyst behind it. The idea is that you just let the tape run, and go back to grab the good bits.

A second thing that's in is integration with Twitter. Seriously. There are a lot of killer loops, with a handful of notes. And with a little bit of trickery, you can get them to fit into 140 characters or less. Which is what I did for this version. You can Tweet small loops, or import loops that other folks have tweeted. I have no idea if people will use it or not, but once the idea popped into my head, I couldn't not do it! (And more will be coming in this direction. A mode where the app will catch things that are posted on Twitter, and spontaneously change -- sort of a crowd sourced music generator. Plus, there's speech synthesis in iOS. Siri can beat box already. So mentally prepare yourself for Infinite Looper vocals. I don't think anyone really wants this. But it's such a bad idea, I sort of feel obligated to carry it through.).

Here's a quick vid with Twitter import and export. I used the iPhone, just so that it's a bit easier to see what's on screen. Aleph is on sale for a buck right now -- most Twitter folks seem to be iPhone-centric, so I'm hoping to catch a slice of that market!

Comments

• Just download the update. The multiple-take recording sounds fabulous! Can't wait to give it a try!

Will ignore the Twitter addition but I guess it's a novel idea.

• FABULOUS !

• Very Useful! Thanks for this. Just imported a midi-loop in bm3 & dragged it on a track, having it play phasemaker, cool. The multi-take recording is very cool. Seeing the page filling up is kind of satisfying, nice ...

• edited July 2017

Interesting... is it AB3 compatible... Can it record from a source in AB3?

Ableton Link... Nice..

• @SecretBaseDesign Enjoy - first to grab.

Here's a code for Infinite Looper! FWT7KHHFA3XW

• @Trueyorky said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Enjoy - first to grab.

Here's a code for Infinite Looper!

Sweet thanks! Oh... looks like someone else got it.

So, thanks on behalf of someone else. ;-b

• @noisefan said:
    Just download the update. The multiple-take recording sounds fabulous! Can't wait to give it a try!

Will ignore the Twitter addition but I guess it's a novel idea.

Yes, mostly very good update. But nothing could persuade me to go near Twater.

• @Hmtx said:

@Trueyorky said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Enjoy - first to grab.

Here's a code for Infinite Looper!

Sweet thanks! Oh... looks like someone else got it.

So, thanks on behalf of someone else. ;-b

Oops thanks for heads up.

• I"m going to tweet some patterns just to one up some of my geek friends. Nice update. Had a crash while testing, but I think it's just my phone showing its age.

@RajahP It's not AB3 midi optimized, but very easy to route manually to/from apps. He knows his midi.

• Updated my App Store review

• COngrats on the update. Fine work. Brilliant on the multi take patterns etc. Extra Boffin points for the Twitter malarkey :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    COngrats on the update. Fine work. Brilliant on the multi take patterns etc. Extra Boffin points for the Twitter malarkey :)

What he said!

• Twitter? I thought everyone was on Mastodon now?

• @u0421793 said:
    Twitter? I thought everyone was on Mastodon now?

I woolly agree. Congrats on the Infinite Looper update

• Cant help but think I would rather have had AU hosting than twitter as a new feature

• @Arpseechord said:

You 'woolly' agree. :# Great typo.

• Looking forward to taking this for a spin :)

• Never really understood how to use your apps, but an update gives me the incentive to try again..

So mentally prepare yourself for Infinite Looper vocals. I don't think anyone really wants this. But it's such a bad idea, I sort of feel obligated to carry it through.

I want this.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:

You 'woolly' agree. :# Great typo.

Of mammoth proportions :)

• @Jocphone said:
    Never really understood how to use your apps, but an update gives me the incentive to try again..

So mentally prepare yourself for Infinite Looper vocals. I don't think anyone really wants this. But it's such a bad idea, I sort of feel obligated to carry it through.

I want this.

I really love and frequently use all of the SBD apps with the exception of this one.
    It has never clicked for me, and I just can't seem to get a grasp on it.
    However, as in your case, the update provides an incentive to give it another go.
    Good luck to us :)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Jocphone said:
    Never really understood how to use your apps, but an update gives me the incentive to try again..

I want this.

I really love and frequently use all of the SBD apps with the exception of this one.
    However, as in your case, the update provides an incentive to give it another go.

Yes indeed, and maybe we will have some tales to share on our return..

• @JeffChasteen said:

@Jocphone said:

I want this.

Same here, although I keep trying to use it, because I can sense that it has value. I stumble over all the stuff on the screen that I have no idea how I'll actually use. I watch the videos and sorta get it, but then I get in the app and I blank on what to do. Even just creating a simple MIDI loop seems to take far longer than I think it will for some reason. Note that this is 100% user dumbness.

• Wow.. that's all I've got..

Amazing work! I'll be firing Infinite Looper up very shortly!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Jocphone said:

I want this.

Same here, although I keep trying to use it, because I can sense that it has value. I stumble over all the stuff on the screen that I have no idea how I'll actually use. I watch the videos and sorta get it, but then I get in the app and I blank on what to do. Even just creating a simple MIDI loop seems to take far longer than I think it will for some reason. Note that this is 100% user dumbness.

Hmmmm -- probably need to do a new video, or more documentation or something. It seems like some folks "get it" pretty easily, but there's plenty who are completely befuddled.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Jocphone said:

I want this.

Hmmmm -- probably need to do a new video, or more documentation or something. It seems like some folks "get it" pretty easily, but there's plenty who are completely befuddled.

No, that's probably not necessary. I'm just selectively dumb sometimes.

• @SecretBaseDesign I think you should consider a new slant on the intro/get you up and running vid, if enough of the fine guinea pigs here are stumbling others will be also and this app absolutely deserves widespread use.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign I think you should consider a new slant on the intro/get you up and running vid, if enough of the fine guinea pigs here are stumbling others will be also and this app absolutely deserves widespread use.

Yup -- really need to buckle down, and put together a decent video, and more documentation. There's a ton of stuff the app does, that I think most folks totally miss. Also on the plate is a major graphic revamp, which will probably be something that happens before the big video push.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign I think you should consider a new slant on the intro/get you up and running vid, if enough of the fine guinea pigs here are stumbling others will be also and this app absolutely deserves widespread use.

Yup -- really need to buckle down, and put together a decent video, and more documentation. There's a ton of stuff the app does, that I think most folks totally miss. Also on the plate is a major graphic revamp, which will probably be something that happens before the big video push.

Makes sense to do it in that order and perhaps the graphics will help the UX etc also....

• BTW: The loop recorder is aces.

• Are there reasons to get Aleph, when I already have Infinite?