Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Infinite Looper 2.3 -- Twitter integration, and a loop recorder

2»

Comments

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign I think you should consider a new slant on the intro/get you up and running vid, if enough of the fine guinea pigs here are stumbling others will be also and this app absolutely deserves widespread use.

Yup -- really need to buckle down, and put together a decent video, and more documentation. There's a ton of stuff the app does, that I think most folks totally miss. Also on the plate is a major graphic revamp, which will probably be something that happens before the big video push.

It was watching all the way through the 2.0 video that finally did it for me!

Maybe you should do a quick video on the loop recorder. I 'got it' when I realised it must be the new icon that wasn't in the 2.0 video and then figured out how the new takes screen works when it comes to inserting clips, but it took a few minutes. It's a really cool idea. Given how much I dislike Auria Pro's piano roll, I'll be sure to investigate the workflow of creating loops in Infinite Looper and then exporting the MIDI to Auria Pro.

• @tja said:
    Are there reasons to get Aleph, when I already have Infinite?

Nope -- Aleph is iPhone only, while Infinite is Universal. Aleph is intended to be a "trial version" in some respects, or handy for folks who only use an iPhone, and it's bargain priced.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign I think you should consider a new slant on the intro/get you up and running vid, if enough of the fine guinea pigs here are stumbling others will be also and this app absolutely deserves widespread use.

Yup -- really need to buckle down, and put together a decent video, and more documentation. There's a ton of stuff the app does, that I think most folks totally miss. Also on the plate is a major graphic revamp, which will probably be something that happens before the big video push.

Maybe you should do a quick video on the loop recorder. I 'got it' when I realised it must be the new icon that wasn't in the 2.0 video and then figured out how the new takes screen works when it comes to inserting clips, but it took a few minutes. It's a really cool idea. Given how much I dislike Auria Pro's piano roll, I'll be sure to investigate the workflow of creating loops in Infinite Looper and then exporting the MIDI to Auria Pro.

Agreed -- I may try to push something out on that part in the next few days. You can export individual loops, or the entire project as MIDI. I use the app to get the MIDI together for an entire project; the portability of the iPad is really handy. But after things take shape, I bounce the MIDI over to Logic Pro on my Mac, so I can add in guitars and other live stuff.

@Michael_R_Grant said:

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Agreed -- I may try to push something out on that part in the next few days. You can export individual loops, or the entire project as MIDI. I use the app to get the MIDI together for an entire project; the portability of the iPad is really handy. But after things take shape, I bounce the MIDI over to Logic Pro on my Mac, so I can add in guitars and other live stuff.

As a kind of scratch pad for looping, I think this will prove invaluable for me. MIDI in iPad DAWs always seems to take ages to organise!

• Any plans for a non-fixed-length recording mode?

• No opinion about arguments towards Aleph Looper when Infinite Looper is already there?

• @tja said:
    No opinion about arguments towards Aleph Looper when Infinite Looper is already there?

The only reason I can think of is if you wanted more than 6 instruments playing at once. They both have Link, so you would be able to do that, although you wouldn't be able to start them both at the same time.

• Ah, thanks. Will then stay with IL only :-)))

• So I figured out how to record into each 'channel'. But am stumped on how to record anything longer than a bar (this is in Aleph). I clear the loop, then double the loop length until it's eight bars long. Hit record, and it goes back to one bar with all the notes overlaid in a big mess.

What am I doing wrong @SecretBaseDesign ?

• @Jocphone said:
    So I figured out how to record into each 'channel'. But am stumped on how to record anything longer than a bar (this is in Aleph). I clear the loop, then double the loop length until it's eight bars long. Hit record, and it goes back to one bar with all the notes overlaid in a big mess.

At the very top of the screen there's a grey box with the record-loop-length indicator. Tap the corners to double/halve/increase/decrease the number of measures. Then, when you select a loop slot to record into, if there are no notes already there, the length will get changed to match whatever loop length you've got selected.

Same sort of thing on the dedicated loop recording mode -- new loops will match whatever you have set in the grey box towards the top.

Aleph and Infinite are identical -- except that Aleph is iPhone-only, while Infinite is universal.

@Jocphone said:
    So I figured out how to record into each 'channel'. But am stumped on how to record anything longer than a bar (this is in Aleph). I clear the loop, then double the loop length until it's eight bars long. Hit record, and it goes back to one bar with all the notes overlaid in a big mess.

At the very top of the screen there's a grey box with the record-loop-length indicator. Tap the corners to double/halve/increase/decrease the number of measures. Then, when you select a loop slot to record into, if there are no notes already there, the length will get changed to match whatever loop length you've got selected.

Same sort of thing on the dedicated loop recording mode -- new loops will match whatever you have set in the grey box towards the top.

Aleph and Infinite are identical -- except that Aleph is iPhone-only, while Infinite is universal.

Thank you, Mr SBD. Still got some funkiness about recording to get my head round but that solved that issue. Only manuals as a last resort I'm afraid, sometimes later..

• I love IL and I am an early supporter of this app. The last release greatly improved the creative process and this is great. At this point, there is one feature that will really bring something more. I would like to have more than 6 tracks and the reason is the following: when i have finished creating my song on IL, I export the midi tracks into Auria to mix them. Most of the time, I have a long (and painfully) job to do with cutting/pasting part of a track into a new track because I want to have different instruments/effect associated. Auria is not very convenient to do that and I would like to do this directly in IL. I know that this can be a pain to do because of the chosen ergonomic but I would like the sketchpad to be a little more evolved. And I'm ready to pay for this ;0)

• Hi,
    is the new Ableton Link Start/Stop Feature implemented right now?

• @Ploe said:
    Hi,
    is the new Ableton Link Start/Stop Feature implemented right now?

No, not yet -- I need to update the Ableton library, and there are a few other things that are going to happen in the next release. Not sure when that will happen -- there are a couple of other big projects on the front burner right now -- but probably some time late Spring or early Summer.

• Thanks, thanks, thanks.

And thanks.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Thanks, thanks, thanks.

And thanks.

I agree with him.