Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 12.9” (2017) - problem with latency and digital noise... SEEMS TO BE FIXED iOS 11.1 b2

Comments

• @gleandibson said:

@Tarekith said:
    Never seen any audio or slow down issues with my Pro 10.5 and BM3 (or any other app). Strange.

What headphones do you use?

Shure SE846's.

• edited July 2017

Watching this closely. I have a nice fat budget for new gear after this next season of work and 10.5 pro was at the top of my list. If this nonsense is not cleared up by November then its op-1 and Digitakt for me. Or just the Octatrack mkii

• edited July 2017

@Tarekith said:

@gleandibson said:

@Tarekith said:
    Never seen any audio or slow down issues with my Pro 10.5 and BM3 (or any other app). Strange.

What headphones do you use?

Shure SE846's.

And no issues even after hrs of use ? Intruiging.

@ruggedsmooth @SpookyZoo @johnfromberkeley @Pat @jwmmakerofmusic @gleandibson @LemurFlight @gleandibson and everyone else experiencing issues what headphones are you using ?

• 2017 12.9 here. Pretty sure it's the refresh rate and not the headphone jack as, whenever it happens, you can see the CPU meter in the BM3 settings also going to shit.

• @guidinglight said:
    2017 12.9 here. Pretty sure it's the refresh rate and not the headphone jack as, whenever it happens, you can see the CPU meter in the BM3 settings also going to shit.

The first pro had similar issues when it first came out. Here's hoping it gets sorted soon.

• At first I thought it was just headphones with a built in remote cuz that always causes problems for me. But I have just been using audio technica ath-m30 and senhesier pair.
    Get latency then crackles then the crazy audio degradation.
    Can confirm unplugging and replugging headphones "resets" problem for a little while then it returns.
    Using gadget and bm3.
    This kinda sucks right now.

• I am now hovering on the cancel order button :-(

• @lnikj said:
    I am now hovering on the cancel order button :-(

Yep. Same here. Might just grab a 128gb air2 instead.

• For people reporting what iOS version are you on? I'm on 11 public beta 2 but never had an issue (2017 12.9) Will test more - Thanks

• edited July 2017

10.3.3, and I just got the crackling while watching YouTube. Unplugging the headphone jack (connected to my monitors) fixed it.

• It's all very intermittent, and hard to understand...
    Just now it seems OK with Beatmaker 3 and my newest iPad Pro 12.9"...

Have thoughts to install the betaversion of 11.0 onto my new 12.9", but, when I upgraded my iPad Air2 yesterday with beta 4 of iOS 11 my iPad Air2 suddenly goes extremly sloooooow...
    It seems to be something in the background that causes this... Hmmm... I wait to upgrade my two 12.9"...

• Let's hope they're more on the case than they are with the Air 2 rotation bug.

• So far for me this has happened just once. The Crackling appeared after about 10 minutes of AB3>MODSTEP>AUM>4 synths, but was exacerbated when clicking home button, changing to Safari to read this forum while this setup was running.

I'm not getting much time to do longer sessions more than the odd 5 minute occasions during the day so not had multiple experiences so far.

Happy to duplicate a setup by others here having issues to see if I can replicate the issue. Hopefully will get a chunk of time later on to test.

I'm on 12.9" (2017) pro. iOS 10.3.2

I was using apple buds at the time but usually use and can test with ATHM50s or BeyerD DT770 Pros.

• Last night I've been running BM3 on the Scarlett 2i2 for a few hours with no issues. Then I switched on the headphones and after 10 minutes I got the audio corruption thing. Re-plugged the headphones and got fixed. It's something weird going on with the headphone port and the audio buffer/process.

• I am reading this thread and just shocked.

It is bad enough that developers release apps with known issues and tasks to make it whole.

So I guess it not come as a surprise that Apple is no different since Steve left.

Maybe Apple should stop getting involved in political issues and using the lowest low-cost labor and start paying quality workers for quality work that can provide a decent pay above a living wage in a non third world setting.

If they do that maybe they will have better quality control and productivity. Since deadlines also seem flubbed lately.

It is so funny, I never had any audio issues using FL, Acid, or more recently Ableton on my piece of shit PCs.

And it wasn't a luxury to have time stretch, beat matching, and all the other aspects.

Musicians are freaking Candy Crushers or MindCrafters in my opinion. So, if this continues I don't think people returning to PC/LAPTOP DAWS with Tablets would be so extraordinary.

Who would have thought so many people buy analog synths as they do in 2017?

I hope that we are not seeing a divergence of Apple respecting it's audio and music making community. I realize it is niche, but, I thought creative pursuits was the point of the Apple/Mac company historically.

I guess I should gratitude up for my Air1 and Air2 that treat me very nice.

• @LemurFlight said:
    Last night I've been running BM3 on the Scarlett 2i2 for a few hours with no issues. Then I switched on the headphones and after 10 minutes I got the audio corruption thing. Re-plugged the headphones and got fixed. It's something weird going on with the headphone port and the audio buffer/process.

This confirms that it's a headphone port issue. Which is a major problem. While I do own multiple audio interfaces the whole point of my iPad is production on the go. Wherein I use earbuds 90% of the time. Without that the iPad is useless to me :/

• has anyone with these problems tried to use the Lightning to Headphone Adapter?

(9 $ in the Apple store)

• For those with the problem, it might be worth flagging it up at the Apple forums and also at MacRumors:

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/ipad.137/

There is a lot of traffic there.

• Also, submit the bug here, and link back to this thread:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

• @cabo said:
    has anyone with these problems tried to use the Lightning to Headphone Adapter?

(9 $ in the Apple store)

It will obviously work. Since audio interfaces aren't triggering this bug. Seems to only happen with the physical headphone jack.

• 10.5 Pro here. I've never experienced anything like what's being talked about in this thread.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@cabo said:

(9 $ in the Apple store)

It will obviously work. Since audio interfaces aren't triggering this bug. Seems to only happen with the physical headphone jack.

it might be a solution / workaround then, temporarily at least

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Also, submit the bug here, and link back to this thread:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Thanks for the link. I submitted a bug report.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

Nope, not seeing any of these issues, even after a lot of use.

• edited July 2017

@Tarekith said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Nope, not seeing any of these issues, even after a lot of use.

I notice it only with some apps. Beathawk, and definitely with many live apps and effects in AB3.

Now that I know it's a thing, I'm going to work towards reproducibility.

• The other day I was using Beatonal on iPad 9.7 Pro (2016) model via a Novation Audio Hub 2x4. The sound was only coming out in mono left ear not right! All the audio interface setting were correct. Yet when I unplugged the interface a plugged in a set of headphones the app went back to stereo. Not sure if was iOS 10.3.3 or the app or the iPad causing the problem or the interface but it all works fine with other music apps.

• can’t test for this with any confidence as running the public beta and so far only occurs using BM3. Seems like a typical cpu spike. suggest people on 10.3.3 and earlier push their cpu’s on headphones?

• iPad 10.5 here after @15mins got a fade in of 'static' noise while using headphones and BM3, this noise only lasted for a couple of seconds then faded away again, I didn't have time to remove the headphones, but I was only using BM3 alone. Have used other apps Poison-202 and Model 15 for hours each with nothing like that noise.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@cabo said:

(9 $ in the Apple store)

I had this happen with connected AudioInterface, as well. Happens sporadically, mostly solvable by re-connecting.
    I propose a little patience to all valued fellow forum members, it's gonna be okay...

Cheers,t

• @animal said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@cabo said:

(9 $ in the Apple store)

I had this happen with connected AudioInterface, as well. Happens sporadically, mostly solvable by re-connecting.
    I propose a little patience to all valued fellow forum members, it's gonna be okay...

Cheers,t

I hope it happens soon. cause its releasing here in 2 weeks. need to decide whether i want to buy it or not before then. the Pro's aren't exactly a hot commodity here in India since most people can't afford them. so stocks are quite limited. it is highly unlikely there will be multiple shipments of the 512GB variants available here long term. after the Initial release just the 64 and 256 variants will be available most likely.