Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 12.9” (2017) - problem with latency and digital noise... SEEMS TO BE FIXED iOS 11.1 b2

Comments

• edited August 2017

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:
    @gonekrazy3000 - yes, the problem on your 12.9" is unacceptable! Was it jack related? Patience man :-)

To be honest the jack stuff went away using the workaround posted earlier. This was more a fundamental problem on it in general. Regardless whether you used headphones or not it could run roughly 1/8th as many Au as my Air2. Which was just plain stupid. While a few like @brambos apps didn't have this restriction the fact it underperformed against my air2 meant I just couldn't hold onto it.

So do you mean even if all the AUs are different you can run less AUs on the 12.9 pro 2017 or are we talking about just multiple instances of the same AU have issues?

Multiple of the same. The 12.9 couldn't run more than 2 instances of audiodamage AUx reliably. While my air2 could run 6-8. I need to be able to run atleast 4 instances. The 10.5 can run 3-4. So it seems to be dependant on screen resolution.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:
    @gonekrazy3000 - yes, the problem on your 12.9" is unacceptable! Was it jack related? Patience man :-)

To be honest the jack stuff went away using the workaround posted earlier. This was more a fundamental problem on it in general. Regardless whether you used headphones or not it could run roughly 1/8th as many Au as my Air2. Which was just plain stupid. While a few like @brambos apps didn't have this restriction the fact it underperformed against my air2 meant I just couldn't hold onto it.

So do you mean even if all the AUs are different you can run less AUs on the 12.9 pro 2017 or are we talking about just multiple instances of the same AU have issues?

Multiple of the same. The 12.9 couldn't run more than 2 instances of audiodamage AUx reliably. While my air2 could run 6-8. I need to be able to run atleast 4 instances. The 10.5 can run 3-4. So it seems to be dependant on screen resolution.

Right I see, I was wondering then if performance was otherwise as expected, so you could run twice as many AUs/IAAs as Air2 but just not particular combinations of multiple AUs?

• @Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

Right I see, I was wondering then if performance was otherwise as expected, so you could run twice as many AUs/IAAs as Air2 but just not particular combinations of multiple AUs?

To be honest I didn't check how many different ones I could run at the same time. I use phosphor a lot these days and the fact that it couldn't even run 3 instances of that while my air2 could comfortably run 9 made me a little angry. Also sometimes while it would load a bunch of AU's simultaneously it would fail to reload the project later. Something that didn't happen on my air2. So eventually I just gave up.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

To be honest I didn't check how many different ones I could run at the same time. I use phosphor a lot these days and the fact that it couldn't even run 3 instances of that while my air2 could comfortably run 9 made me a little angry. Also sometimes while it would load a bunch of AU's simultaneously it would fail to reload the project later. Something that didn't happen on my air2. So eventually I just gave up.

Yeah annoying, hopefully they'll fix this asap. I'm thinking of upgrading in the near future so have my eye on this issue...Might have to go for 12.9 2016 ipad if it doesn't get resolved soon.

• @Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

Yeah annoying, hopefully they'll fix this asap. I'm thinking of upgrading in the near future so have my eye on this issue...Might have to go for 12.9 2016 ipad if it doesn't get resolved soon.

I'm not so sure the older pro is a good idea either. @brice has been encountering crashes and whatnot with Bm3 and some other apps that the older ipads don't encounter as well. it seems like all the pros are cursed in some fashion.

• Not the 2017 Pro 9’7”, @gonekrazy3000: significant performance advantage over the Air and Air2, same size screen and no strange issues whatsoever.

• edited August 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

I’m running a 2017 12.9 and posted a screen grab Ona bother thread about multiple AUv3s - it’s running 8 x QuatroMod on 2 channels in AUM (edit - found post, screen grab below) which seemed fine no glitches or issues, but it was loaded up for a test from scratch (not a session opened from save). What host are you using for this? I’d like to replicate if possible, but haven’t hit any issues yet. Is it >4 instances per channel or >4 instances at all?

• edited August 2017

@skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

I’m running a 2017 12.9 and posted a screen grab Ona bother thread about multiple AUv3s - it’s running 8 x QuatroMod on 2 channels in AUM (edit - found post, screen grab below) which seemed fine no glitches or issues, but it was loaded up for a test from scratch (not a session opened from save). What host are you using for this? I’d like to replicate if possible, but haven’t hit any issues yet. Is it >4 instances per channel or >4 instances at all?

Can you save/reload that project ? I'm pretty sure the answer will be no. And it was 4 instances total. Was using AUM. Don't have the 12.9 anymore so can't do more tests. What iOS version are you on ? Quatromod used to bomb out after 3 instances for me....Although it was one instance per channel.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

Can you save/reload that project ? I'm pretty sure the answer will be no. And it was 4 instances total. Was using AUM. Don't have the 12.9 anymore so can't do more tests. What iOS version are you on ? Quatromod used to bomb out after 3 instances for me....Although it was one instance per channel.

Hey - thanks. OK so creating a session with 8 seems fine, and saving is OK, but yes, reloading causes issues. That sounds like what someone mentioned about the process of loading not the headroom of the hardware which seems fine (as it runs them when creating the session)? Don't know but I'm not thinking the hardware is gimped myself.

I'm on iOS 11 beta 7 and when creating the session (including sessions in cubasis or BM3, the 12.9 is taking as much as I can throw at it as far as AUv3s are concerned. I can reload Cubasis files with 8+ brambos instances.

• Concerning the audio intermittent static/distortion from the audio jack on iPad Pro please send your comments to Apple so that they will have running track record of this issue.
    Post your comments and complaints here:
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

• Anyone having any success with the "Lightening to Audio" adapter sold by Apple. Does this resolve the intermittent static/distortion issue with the 3.5mm audio jack???

• @vernguy1000 said:
    Anyone having any success with the "Lightening to Audio" adapter sold by Apple. Does this resolve the intermittent static/distortion issue with the 3.5mm audio jack???

It should. Not 100% sure though.

• There's no connection between the lightening and jack connections, imo. No problem with lightening as far as I know. Just jack. I just unplug/reinsert jack when not using iTrack, and the problem disappears. Waiting for ios 11+

• I just tested the "Lightening to Audio" adapter by Apple with the iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen iOs 10.3.3 everything turned off, wifi, bluetooth, cellular, everything. The sound distortion and static interference is still there. This is really bad. Planing on returning this and getting my money back. What a shame. This device is useless for pro audio applications.

• @skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

Hey - thanks. OK so creating a session with 8 seems fine, and saving is OK, but yes, reloading causes issues. That sounds like what someone mentioned about the process of loading not the headroom of the hardware which seems fine (as it runs them when creating the session)? Don't know but I'm not thinking the hardware is gimped myself.

I'm on iOS 11 beta 7 and when creating the session (including sessions in cubasis or BM3, the 12.9 is taking as much as I can throw at it as far as AUv3s are concerned. I can reload Cubasis files with 8+ brambos instances.

Current AUM beta has a workaround for this! (It's an iOS bug) So the next update will be able to reload such sessions just fine.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@skoptic said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Voicey said:

Current AUM beta has a workaround for this! (It's an iOS bug) So the next update will be able to reload such sessions just fine.

that's great news! looking forward to the update

• @j_liljedahl said:

Thanks - beyond call of duty, very impressed! :)

• edited September 2017

As a followup to my last post, I just updated the iOS to 11.8 Beta The intermittent audio distortion and static is still there at both the 3.5mm audio jack and the Lightening to Audio adapter.This sucks. iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen.

• @vernguy1000 said:
    As a followup to my last post, I just updated the iOS to 11.8 Beta The intermittent audio distortion and static is still there at both the 3.5mm audio jack and the Lightening to Audio adapter.This sucks. iPad Pro 12.9 2nd gen.

is there an easy way to reproduce that distortion? I have the same hardware and so far not experienced audio distortions, would like to check

• I've seen some posts on the forum lately suggesting that Apple has said that the pros are now 'up to spec'.

Anybody know if this referencing an OS update or suggesting a hardware change?

Wouldn't want to be stuck with a 'bad Pro' if it's the hardware.

Cheers.

• The beta gold standard must be due to drop soon with the new iphone coming outnext week. Hope that fixes it!

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I've seen some posts on the forum lately suggesting that Apple has said that the pros are now 'up to spec'.

Anybody know if this referencing an OS update or suggesting a hardware change?

Wouldn't want to be stuck with a 'bad Pro' if it's the hardware.

Cheers.

Could even mean that apple is saying:-"Your app doesn't work right? Tough cookies! there is nothing wrong with our hardware. Blame the devs!"

I'm curious to see what happens when iOS 11 properly comes out.

• Any updates on this issue since iOS 11 GM? Have been hanging on patiently for the official release to buy (annoyed by the unexpected price hike).

• @willhindson said:
    Any updates on this issue since iOS 11 GM? Have been hanging on patiently for the official release to buy (annoyed by the unexpected price hike).

Same here. Any news or experiences with iOS 11?

• need to see if this persists after a clean install

• Downloading iOS11 now
    Will test and see if latency, audio gremlins persist
    iPad pro10.5 256gb
    will be trying to replace this iPad real soon if issue hasn't been resolved

• ...STILL THERE...

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    ...STILL THERE...

Well. That sucks.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    ...STILL THERE...