Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 12.9” (2017) - problem with latency and digital noise... SEEMS TO BE FIXED iOS 11.1 b2

Comments

• @Giant_Peach said:

@knewspeak said:

@Giant_Peach said:

@skiphunt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @crifytosp 10.3.2

Are you planning on updating to 10.3.3 anytime soon to see if that solves it?

Anyone running 10.3.3 on the new 10.5 pros and having these problems?

It's kind of odd that I can't find any mention anywhere else of these reported issues, anywhere else via google search other than this thread. Nothing at all anywhere else.

I’ve been hearing people talk constantly here about how there are tons of 2017 Pro bug and crashing reports and I don’t see anything. With my best google searching nothing.

But I’m here to tell you I’m experiencing something nasty. Just got a 2017 12.9” Pro and BM3 crashes every hour and many IAAs and AUs don’t work correctly for me and no one on older iPads or iOS 10.5 or below can duplicate it nor can many Pro users duplicate it. Only some. And I get no answers or support from anyone. Very frustrating.

So many permutations, yes it can crash, yes it's got bugs, yes it's iOS, yes it's some plugins, it's just the iOS system, a work in progress. Much like the universe.

If something is crashing every hour, like BM3, and every 5 minutes, like Addictive Pro, then it’s much less than a work in progress, it’s a failure. It means I cannot make music on iPad, at least I cannot make music with BM3 or Addictive Pro I should say.

And since the universe and people are all utter shit and it’s all unfair, that’s fine, but I’m gonna complain until I figure it out.

Yes complain to make things better, but keep searching and you will find something in this universe that makes you aghast with wonder and joy.

• That’s music.

• Anybody still affected by this?

Any confirmation that Apple had new batches of the iPad pro with this 'fixed out of the box'?

• edited March 2018

Software, both ios and apps, had to adapt to a slightly new ‘hardware’ environment. No significant problems encountered yet on the 10.5” on ios 11.3 (I don’t use BM3).

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Anybody still affected by this?

Any confirmation that Apple had new batches of the iPad pro with this 'fixed out of the box'?

If they've got recent version of iOS 11 you're not going to encounter the latency/noise bug unless Apple somehow manage to reintroduce it again, in a future update.

• Ok, thanks guys. Was experiencing distortion on a project lately but was likely just overloading with cpu intensive AUV3s.

Cheers.

• I bought a new ipad pro 10.5 this week and have had serious issues with the latency while using BM3. I've updated to ios 11 but the problem still continues. It's definitely not a headphone problem because the same thing happens when I'm using the built in speakers on the ipad. I haven't had the problem in Garageband so far it's only on BM3 and Beathawk.

Ironically I bought this iPad Pro to replace my old iPad Mini for music production, but this latency issue makes it unusable for me. I'm still within the 14 day window to return it. Might just have to do that if I can't find a fix.

• So this isn't fixed then ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    So this isn't fixed then ?

Definitely fixed on the 12.9”.

• edited April 2018

@guscave . No problems for me on 10.5” 11.3
    However, I don’t use BM3.
    I do have the app, so I’ll test it if you tell me what you’re trying to do.

• Just bought last Friday an iPad 12,9 inch while I was planning to buy a new 9,7 inch 2018 model. But once in the Apple shop (this time in Haarlem, a nice city not far from Amsterdam) I couldn't resist the bigger one.

What a beauty! That screen screams 'Wow!' Not only I will use it for music but also for some drawing software and as a 2nd screen for my Macbook with the Duet app.

Only thing I forgot is to buy a cable for my Keystep. Coming from an iPad 2 is a world of difference!

• @bert said:
    Just bought last Friday an iPad 12,9 inch while I was planning to buy a new 9,7 inch 2018 model. But once in the Apple shop (this time in Haarlem, a nice city not far from Amsterdam) I couldn't resist the bigger one.

What a beauty! That screen screams 'Wow!' Not only I will use it for music but also for some drawing software and as a 2nd screen for my Macbook with the Duet app.

Only thing I forgot is to buy a cable for my Keystep. Coming from an iPad 2 is a world of difference!

Once a 12.9” and you never wants something else ;-)

My Mac is more or less a retired computer... I can do everything I want with my big iPad...

• Ah, but my 10.5” fits in an inside pocket of my jacket :-P
    Couldn’t do that when I used a macbook.
    And the so useful Zoom H1 audio recorder is always in an outside pocket.
    Portability is great

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@bert said:
    Just bought last Friday an iPad 12,9 inch while I was planning to buy a new 9,7 inch 2018 model. But once in the Apple shop (this time in Haarlem, a nice city not far from Amsterdam) I couldn't resist the bigger one.

Once a 12.9” and you never wants something else ;-)

My Mac is more or less a retired computer... I can do everything I want with my big iPad...

Can imagine that. There are so much great apps for iOS. That app store is much more interesting than the Mac Store. But, and one should be so honest, software like homebrew doesn't exist up to now for iOS.

• @Voicey said:
    Ah, but my 10.5” fits in an inside pocket of my jacket :-P
    Couldn’t do that when I used a macbook.
    And the so useful Zoom H1 audio recorder is always in an outside pocket.
    Portability is great

The 12,9 inch is very nice. But who knows, the 2018 model iPad is so cheap one could buy one of them next to the big one for when one wants to go out.

• edited April 2018

@bert said:

I’ve spent a week in Haarlem. Chill place! :)

Things do seem better on my 12.9” since last years latency troubles. I can occasionally get some crackling with cpu intensive setups, but it’s fairly rare.

Love the real estate of the bigger screen and the pencil combo too.

• Last night I decided to give it another go and surprisingly enough, I was able to work with BM3 without any latency issues for several hours. I haven't done anything different other than plugging my headphone in before launching BM3, so I'm leaning to believe what the original post said; that this could be an IOS Core software problem.

I'll be playing around with it some more today and see if anything changes.

• @bert said:

You might want to hold off on the macOS update then!

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/30/mac-desktop-extender-duet-bug-macos-10-13-4/

• edited April 2018

@guscave said:
    Last night I decided to give it another go and surprisingly enough, I was able to work with BM3 without any latency issues for several hours. I haven't done anything different other than plugging my headphone in before launching BM3, so I'm leaning to believe what the original post said; that this could be an IOS Core software problem.

Or perhaps BM3 code doesn’t follow latest ios memory management criteria. Maybe didn’t use very recent xcode etc. Apple was late fixing the problem they had introduced affecting the pros, but the problem when using audio apps has disappeared, except it seems, with BM3 and your particular set of plugins. Are you on ios 11.3?

• @rthr said:

@bert said:

You might want to hold off on the macOS update then!

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/30/mac-desktop-extender-duet-bug-macos-10-13-4/

Thanks for this link! Glad I didn't upgrade to High Sierra up to now then!

So more apps don't work anymore which offer the same functionality. Curious who will get the fix done, Apple or one of the developers of third party apps.

• edited April 2018

OS code updates are tested by simulations on macs, rather than with all real devices and apps that could be affected by an update. Public beta testers on a variety of devices with a variety of apps and a wide variety of uses do help finding bugs, but they don’t cover all the possible combinations before final release.

At least those of us artists on ios, who no longer need the extra calculating power of macs, usually do have multiple options if an update introduces bugs. For example, if BM3 no longer functions as expected, we can create using other combinations of host apps and plugins while waiting for a fix :-)

I’m really thankful for the updating work of ios music and visual art devs - work that doesn’t really put extra food on their family’s table!

• edited April 2018

@bert said:

Just to be clear, High Sierra works fine for me. It's only last weeks update that killed the Duet connection.

• edited April 2018

deleted

• @rthr said:

@bert said:

Just to be clear, High Sierra works fine for me. It's only last weeks update that killed the Duet connection.

O.k. When Apple did change something it might very well be that other apps like Astropad are also having troubles?

• In general does anyone with a 1st generation 12.9" Pro have any ongoing issues with iOS 11.3 ? is Latency acceptable and is audio solid? Any key apps "broken" with the update?

And bonus n00b updater (me) question: does updating iOS preserve (rather than wipe) things like Procreate projects and AudioShare files?

• @Proppa said:
    In general does anyone with a 1st generation 12.9" Pro have any ongoing issues with iOS 11.3 ? is Latency acceptable and is audio solid? Any key apps "broken" with the update?

And bonus n00b updater (me) question: does updating iOS preserve (rather than wipe) things like Procreate projects and AudioShare files?

Usually files are preserved. Can confirm audioshare does anyways...

• @bert said:
    O.k. When Apple did change something it might very well be that other apps like Astropad are also having troubles?

Not sure about that one, but there are more (external) display related problems in the latest update...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Proppa said:
    In general does anyone with a 1st generation 12.9" Pro have any ongoing issues with iOS 11.3 ? is Latency acceptable and is audio solid? Any key apps "broken" with the update?

Usually files are preserved. Can confirm audioshare does anyways...

Ok big thanks @gonekrazy3000

• @rthr said:

@bert said:

Not sure about that one, but there are more (external) display related problems in the latest update...

Thanks for let me knowing that. Now fingers crossed the people form Duet will soon be able to make it working again.

• @brambos said:

@Samplemunch said:
    So this isn't fixed then ?

Definitely fixed on the 12.9”.

Sure this is lag thing is fixed Bram?
    I thought I’d treat myself to a Pro 12.9 today :)