Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 12.9” (2017) - problem with latency and digital noise... SEEMS TO BE FIXED iOS 11.1 b2

Comments

• Really hope this is solved, will try a video on Saturday:-)

• edited November 2017

As I mentioned on another thread there still seems to be audio glitch and crackle on iOS 11.1 when using samples on BM3 on iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). :(

I only have this problem on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) because the same BM3 project plays fine on my old iPad Pro 9.7.

• @Artmuzz said:
    As I mentioned on another thread there still seems to be audio glitch and crackle on iOS 11.1 when using samples on BM3 on iPad Pro 12.9 (2017). :(

I only have this problem on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2017) because the same BM3 project plays fine on my old iPad Pro 9.7.

Right, but that sounds like Intua should hopefully be able to fix that.

• edited November 2017

@Munibeast said:

@Artmuzz said:

Right, but that sounds like Intua should hopefully be able to fix that.

@mathieugarcia do you have any ideas here or knowledge of the issue as being specific to BM3? I have 14 days to return my new 12.9" pro and it's pretty much a BM3 machine so it would be good to know if it's software or hardware :)

• edited November 2017

Even hardware is mainly software, so problems are solved by software updates ;-)
    @willhindson are you having problems with BM3, or just someone else?

• Is there anyone still having trouble with latest version of ios 11 ? With ipad air 2 ? I have ios 10.3.3 and i am afraid to upgrade my ios .

• ipad pro 12.9 2017 ios 11.2. the problem with noise still exists. not only in audiobus, but in other apps like korg gadget arturia ispark, yousician and etc. seems to me the neither apple nor korg tryies to solve the problem.

• So, the new iPads are simply not usable under iOS 11?
    :open_mouth:

Only the Pro's, but the regular iPad is OK?

• Everything working fine for me since the fix iPad Pro 10.5 on 11.2

• @tja said:
    So, the new iPads are simply not usable under iOS 11?
    :open_mouth:

Only the Pro's, but the regular iPad is OK?

Bullshit!

I'm on the newest 12.9" Pro, and, it's smooth as hell now with iOS 11.25 beta 2...

• I have a iPad Pro 12.9 2017 with 11.2 and I have never had any issues that have been described in this thread. I push it hard too. Weird.

• All fine here, 12.9 2017 11.2

• tjatja
    edited January 2018

So, not everybody has those problems.
    But they do seem to exist.
    Strange thing.

• iPad Pro 10.5 / iOS 11.2 - all good at the moment.

• @profeler said:
    ipad pro 12.9 2017 ios 11.2. the problem with noise still exists. not only in audiobus, but in other apps like korg gadget arturia ispark, yousician and etc. seems to me the neither apple nor korg tryies to solve the problem.

I'm not experiencing this on my 10.5, but I believe you.

Have you tried checking battery consumption to see if any phantom apps have been running in the background?

• edited January 2018

Hi
    I have this problem too. Since I updated my ios from 10.2.3 to 11.1.2 version. I feel my battery life is shorter than before .
    I have a app with name ( memory & disk ) , When i do not have anything in background on my iPad, and check my cpu activitys , Memory&Disk app shows for a long time 14% to 20% tolerance cpu activity sometimes. I feel exactly the power of the cpu is less than before. ![]
    Ipad air 2
    128gig
    (https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/ck/6ldq09jof1sw.png "")

• I’ve got a new iPad Pro 10.5 and I’m trying to run about 4 instruments and 5 effects in AUM. If I try to drop the buffer down to 256 then I get glitches and CPU overload but only when there are moving graphics or scrolling or changing windows. Is this about right, or should I be able to get a lot more out of this iPad?

Running iOS 11.2.2. Tried refresh rate, makes no diffference.

• @soundshaper said:
    I’ve got a new iPad Pro 10.5 and I’m trying to run about 4 instruments and 5 effects in AUM. If I try to drop the buffer down to 256 then I get glitches and CPU overload but only when there are moving graphics or scrolling or changing windows. Is this about right, or should I be able to get a lot more out of this iPad?

Running iOS 11.2.2. Tried refresh rate, makes no diffference.

Which instruments and effects?
    Try increasing the buffer

• One live input, Moog Model 15, Zeeon and Elastic Drums. Effects are Audio Damage Grind, QuatroMod, Eos2, and Dubstation.

Well that’s the point, I shouldn’t have to increase the buffer. I would expect 256 , or even 128 actually, should handle this fine on a new iPad Pro. The graphics changing sends CPU from 50% to over 100% and then I get crackles.

• @soundshaper said:
    One live input, Moog Model 15, Zeeon and Elastic Drums. Effects are Audio Damage Grind, QuatroMod, Eos2, and Dubstation.

Well that’s the point, I shouldn’t have to increase the buffer. I would expect 256 , or even 128 actually, should handle this fine on a new iPad Pro. The graphics changing sends CPU from 50% to over 100% and then I get crackles.

You're using the heaviest, most CPU hungry synths available on iOS today. Try the same thing but substitute Model 15 with 5 other synths of choice and you'll likely be fine with a buffer of 256.

• How is everyone faring with BM3 on the new Pro’s? I’m considering retiring my mini 4 and getting into the Pro world

• edited January 2018

@Gaia.Tree said:
    How is everyone faring with BM3 on the new Pro’s? I’m considering retiring my mini 4 and getting into the Pro world

Run smooth as hell (iPad Pro 12.9" gen2)...

• @brambos said:

@soundshaper said:
    One live input, Moog Model 15, Zeeon and Elastic Drums. Effects are Audio Damage Grind, QuatroMod, Eos2, and Dubstation.

You're using the heaviest, most CPU hungry synths available on iOS today. Try the same thing but substitute Model 15 with 5 other synths of choice and you'll likely be fine with a buffer of 256.

Dang. Thanks for the info tho. I’m going to have a closer look at the Brambos apps then!

And to the last post, yes BM3 is running pretty good. I’m still hopeful for an update that will record incoming MIDI CC to a track without having to assign macros first. This would make it much more usable as a MIDI sequencer IMO.

• @soundshaper said:

@brambos said:

@soundshaper said:

Dang. Thanks for the info tho. I’m going to have a closer look at the Brambos apps then!

Haha.. honestly I wasn't plugging myself. I love Model 15, but you just need to manage the rest of your setup accordingly :)

• @brambos said:

@soundshaper said:

@brambos said:

@soundshaper said:

Haha.. honestly I wasn't plugging myself. I love Model 15, but you just need to manage the rest of your setup accordingly :)

Do you know of a chart comparing CPU loads of popular iOS music apps?

I didn’t think you were plugging yourself, I just recognized your name. It’s great that you frequent these forums.

Well Troublemaker is on my list anyway. The demos are great and it’s amazing to be able to get those classic 303 sounds from my iPad at a minuscule fraction of the cost of hardware. Shoot, the Aira TB-3 is a touch interface too but way limited compared to your app. I really like the fact you have premapped CCs, because then I can assign control without setting up and defining a controller knob first.

• @skiphunt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @crifytosp 10.3.2

Are you planning on updating to 10.3.3 anytime soon to see if that solves it?

Anyone running 10.3.3 on the new 10.5 pros and having these problems?

It's kind of odd that I can't find any mention anywhere else of these reported issues, anywhere else via google search other than this thread. Nothing at all anywhere else.

I’ve been hearing people talk constantly here about how there are tons of 2017 Pro bug and crashing reports and I don’t see anything. With my best google searching nothing.

But I’m here to tell you I’m experiencing something nasty. Just got a 2017 12.9” Pro and BM3 crashes every hour and many IAAs and AUs don’t work correctly for me and no one on older iPads or iOS 10.5 or below can duplicate it nor can many Pro users duplicate it. Only some. And I get no answers or support from anyone. Very frustrating.

• @Cib said:
    Maybe it happens just with a specific batch of iPads or sometimes Apple use different manufactures for some parts.
    So it's the latency and distortion gate then.

This is what I’m thinking. I have no latency or distortion but I have constant app crashing and AUs not working.

• @Giant_Peach said:

@skiphunt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @crifytosp 10.3.2

It's kind of odd that I can't find any mention anywhere else of these reported issues, anywhere else via google search other than this thread. Nothing at all anywhere else.

I’ve been hearing people talk constantly here about how there are tons of 2017 Pro bug and crashing reports and I don’t see anything. With my best google searching nothing.

But I’m here to tell you I’m experiencing something nasty. Just got a 2017 12.9” Pro and BM3 crashes every hour and many IAAs and AUs don’t work correctly for me and no one on older iPads or iOS 10.5 or below can duplicate it nor can many Pro users duplicate it. Only some. And I get no answers or support from anyone. Very frustrating.

So many permutations, yes it can crash, yes it's got bugs, yes it's iOS, yes it's some plugins, it's just the iOS system, a work in progress. Much like the universe.

• @knewspeak said:

@Giant_Peach said:

@skiphunt said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @crifytosp 10.3.2

So many permutations, yes it can crash, yes it's got bugs, yes it's iOS, yes it's some plugins, it's just the iOS system, a work in progress. Much like the universe.

If something is crashing every hour, like BM3, and every 5 minutes, like Addictive Pro, then it’s much less than a work in progress, it’s a failure. It means I cannot make music on iPad, at least I cannot make music with BM3 or Addictive Pro I should say.

And since the universe and people are all utter shit and it’s all unfair, that’s fine, but I’m gonna complain until I figure it out.