Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Navichord & Sample Tank

Tempted into the American Accoustic pack for Sample Tank (Full) I tried playing via Navichord, and found difficulties.

Either, Navichord played up until I tried to switch instruments in ST, then ST stopped responding. Or, ST would not load instruments while Navichord was running. I've also found ST going silent in the presence of Navichord.

Anyone else seeing this/ found the fix?

Comments

• Dev is very responsive. Probably the quickest way to an answer. Are you using AB as you do this, or configuring midi yourself?

• @aaronpc said:
    Dev is very responsive. Probably the quickest way to an answer. Are you using AB as you do this, or configuring midi yourself?

The latter. Maybe I should try it under AB....and, eureka! All is now well. I should've thought of this myself.

Thanks, Aaronpc. :)

• @Zen210507 Glad to hear you sussed it, what's your take on this pack? Thinking of making a Sunday investment, but feeling a bit splintery.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Zen210507 Glad to hear you sussed it, what's your take on this pack? Thinking of making a Sunday investment, but feeling a bit splintery.

It's a bit expensive, at £19.99. But the sounds are superb. If you want a fingers sliding down a string super realistic sound, for example, you can achieve it with this pack when actually playing via a keyboard, or Navichord.

Normally, I would've waited for a sale, but my other half kindly gave me an iTunes card. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @Zen210507 Glad to hear you sussed it, what's your take on this pack? Thinking of making a Sunday investment, but feeling a bit splintery.

It's a bit expensive, at £19.99. But the sounds are superb. If you want a fingers sliding down a string super realistic sound, for example, you can achieve it with this pack when actually playing via a keyboard, or Navichord.

Normally, I would've waited for a sale, but my other half kindly gave me an iTunes card. :)

Thanks for this. If your other half is still feeling expansive I will be here all day etc.

Seriously, might well give it a try.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Tempted into the American Accoustic pack for Sample Tank (Full) I tried playing via Navichord, and found difficulties.

Either, Navichord played up until I tried to switch instruments in ST, then ST stopped responding. Or, ST would not load instruments while Navichord was running. I've also found ST going silent in the presence of Navichord.

Anyone else seeing this/ found the fix?

Interesting, I will run some tests with Sampletank.
    Do you see "Loading..." in the top area when you switch back to Navichord?

• @Navichord said:

Panic over. Not only do I have Navichord running with Sample Tank via AB3. But in stand-alone mode, all is well if I first remember to turn off Audio setting in Navichord.

• edited July 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@Navichord said:

Panic over. Not only do I have Navichord running with Sample Tank via AB3. But in stand-alone mode, all is well if I first remember to turn off Audio setting in Navichord.

Thanks for responding to this because I would likely never have figured that out but playing the 'American' pack via Navi is really good writing...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thanks for responding to this because I would likely never have figured that out but playing the 'American' pack via Navi is really good writing...

Glad to be of help.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Navichord said:

Good to see it is ok. This was probably a resource fight. Apps may behave strange if there is not enough CPU/memory. Disabling audio playback in Navichord should remove at least half from the overall app CPU load.

• @Navichord said:
    Good to see it is ok. This was probably a resource fight. Apps may behave strange if there is not enough CPU/memory. Disabling audio playback in Navichord should remove at least half from the overall app CPU load.

I am quite surprised by that explanation, as this was on an iPad Pro with 4gb RAM. At the time, there were a few minor apps running in the background, but nothing that had ever caused a problem before. Even with Auria Pro, on an iPad Air 2. So maybe the American Accoustic pack is the hog?

• @Zen210507 said:

@Navichord said:

I am quite surprised by that explanation, as this was on an iPad Pro with 4gb RAM. At the time, there were a few minor apps running in the background, but nothing that had ever caused a problem before. Even with Auria Pro, on an iPad Air 2. So maybe the American Accoustic pack is the hog?

I was only referring to Navichord's own CPU cycles (50% load reduction without audio), but the total number is small comparing to what is available in the system.

So maybe the American Accoustic pack is the hog?

Knowing IK Multimedia, very likely :)

• edited July 2017

@Navichord said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Navichord said:

I was only referring to Navichord's own CPU cycles (50% load reduction without audio), but the total number is small comparing to what is available in the system.

So maybe the American Accoustic pack is the hog?

Knowing IK Multimedia, very likely :)

It's a great pack though (and thanks to @Zen210507 for getting the splinters out of my arse and down off the fence etc) :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's a great pack though (and thanks to @Zen210507 for getting the splinters out of my arse and down off the fence etc) :)

I see that many medical staff at the moment, I may be picking up some of their skills. :)

Great pack, loving the slides and squeak effects that are possible with it. Sounds so much more authentic. Also, better for those who prefer virtual keys to virtual strings.

• I like navichord. I like to team it up with various synths but something weird happens for me - when I make it play Korg Module... after some point, it adds a strange dreary modulation effect that I did in no way select ! :-) --it only disappears once I close Module and re-open it.

• @SkillipEvolver said:
    I like navichord. I like to team it up with various synths but something weird happens for me - when I make it play Korg Module... after some point, it adds a strange dreary modulation effect that I did in no way select ! :-) --it only disappears once I close Module and re-open it.

What is the patch you are using in Module? After playing for a while I can't reproduce the problem.

• Thanks @Navichord I believe it happens with numerous patches (possibly any/all of therm). I'll try and reproduce exact scenario). Hopefully I can manage it I used to be a games tester! :-D