Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stopping IAA Playback in Modstep

Hello!
Maybe a super newbish question here but I'm struggling to stop Patterning by clicking the track/scene in Modstep. The visual playback in the track visibly stops / starts when clicked - but the only way I actually get audio to stop is by clicking the global play button. Obviously this then stops everything - not good!

Is this just an issue with Patterning's IAA sync or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Comments

• How are you using Patterning in Modstep, as midi learn?
    The note you have assigned to start the pattern in Patterning is a toggle; you'd need the same note to turn off the pattern.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    How are you using Patterning in Modstep, as midi learn?
    The note you have assigned to start the pattern in Patterning is a toggle; you'd need the same note to turn off the pattern.

Yeh, basically, "Play" in patterning is controlled by mapping a midi note to the play button. You then need a pattern in Modstep that plays this note. You also need to set it so that the pattern only plays once, or it will just toggle patterning off and back on.

• Patterning just added as an IAA instrument. Playback starts when clicking the track but then won't stop.
    So I basically need to add a MIDI track with a note that's mapped to the play button?

• @Phobiatic said:
    Patterning just added as an IAA instrument. Playback starts when clicking the track but then won't stop.
    So I basically need to add a MIDI track with a note that's mapped to the play button?

Yes, but as I said, make sure it's set to only play once. To toggle playback on, touch the pattern. To stop it, touch the pattern again. You can also do the same just by playing that note on the keyboard, without a pattern at all.

• Cool - thanks.
    Is this something unique to Patterning, or an issue with all IAA instruments in Modstep?