Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tunes made waiting for new arrival in the family

edited July 2017 in Creations

On tender hooks waiting for the imminent arrival of another grand daughter....got to occupy my mind somehow :)

Comments

• Nice one Andy, & congrats on your Gran Daughter. Your gonna be quite busy then?..... ;)

• We need a thread dealing with how new parents and grandparents can find time to still work on their music when at the same time not wanting to miss one second of your new baby's life. I have a 5-month old, and it has completely destroyed any spare seconds I might devote to music. I'm blown away by how incredible she is, but my brain is busting full of musical ideas I can't record.

• @studs1966 said:
    Nice one Andy, & congrats on your Gran Daughter. Your gonna be quite busy then?..... ;)

Still waiting, the little bugger doesn't want to come out and meet us all yet :)

• @NoiseHorse said:
    We need a thread dealing with how new parents and grandparents can find time to still work on their music when at the same time not wanting to miss one second of your new baby's life. I have a 5-month old, and it has completely destroyed any spare seconds I might devote to music. I'm blown away by how incredible she is, but my brain is busting full of musical ideas I can't record.

It is a balancing act

• I like it! Nice space and funk in the drum/percussion pattern

• edited July 2017

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but your vocal loop gives me the excuse to ask if anyone knows the name of the song at 0:29 in this video:

I must admit, I didn't remember the ... 'acceptable in the 70's' animation that went behind it (oo)
    There's 'Pop Music' at 2:39
    And David Mallet learning the ropes before going on to film Bowie's 'Ashes to Ashes' at 20:19

P.S. Is anyone else finding that iPad emojis are cutting off the rest of posts on the forum? That's meant to be a 'shocked and embarrassed' emoji above, but I didn't want to risk it after the 'John Travolta' emoji trimmed the end of the previous post.

• @AndyPlankton
    I dig this track so much, even cooler with headphones on (that was our litmus as 70s teens...)
    And Mazel Tov!

• edited July 2017

@NoiseHorse said:
    We need a thread dealing with how new parents and grandparents can find time to still work on their music when at the same time not wanting to miss one second of your new baby's life. I have a 5-month old, and it has completely destroyed any spare seconds I might devote to music. I'm blown away by how incredible she is, but my brain is busting full of musical ideas I can't record.

Hi, Welcome to the club and congrats. I have a 21 month old. A dedicated thread would be counter-productive. As for me, i competely ditched FB and I no longer watch T.V. As for the AB forum, only stay tuned to the threads that are conducive to your work flow. I've been more productive musically even tho I have far less time for it. The lack of time has taught me to ask myself questions about how to achieve what i want more effeciently with music. This has led me to choosing and using apps that i might not have normally used. In my case as only an example, may not be right for you, i shed all my external gear, interfacing, and even controller. I only use my headphones. It took me time to get the right app combo work flow, but i work happily this way now. I'm more organized and after creating templates, i can get up and running quick. Also, think about what you are going to do before you get home to do it helps. The only reason I'm even reading and responding in this thread is cause I'm sitting on the can. So use your time wisely. My legs are falling asleep. I'm out.

• @NoiseHorse said:

Don't worry, they're sometimes gone by their early 20s.

• @Souper said:
    I like it! Nice space and funk in the drum/percussion pattern

@Littlewoodg said:
    @AndyPlankton
    I dig this track so much, even cooler with headphones on (that was our litmus as 70s teens...)
    And Mazel Tov!

Cheers :)

...still waiting for baby...it's gotta be tonight...surely

• Still waiting....there has been a showing this morning, so mother and grandmother both predicting today's the day !

This was Saturday nights mind occupation therapy, timing is a bit off in places but who cares LOL
    Recorded live into AUM using Novation Circuit, Mininova and Launchpad app (samples from blocs wave)

• @Souper said:
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but your vocal loop gives me the excuse to ask if anyone knows the name of the song at 0:29 in this video:

I must admit, I didn't remember the ... 'acceptable in the 70's' animation that went behind it (oo)
    There's 'Pop Music' at 2:39
    And David Mallet learning the ropes before going on to film Bowie's 'Ashes to Ashes' at 20:19

P.S. Is anyone else finding that iPad emojis are cutting off the rest of posts on the forum? That's meant to be a 'shocked and embarrassed' emoji above, but I didn't want to risk it after the 'John Travolta' emoji trimmed the end of the previous post.

That "man in the mask" clip from 1:18-1:40...YEAH! That is nice and disturbing. I really like that.
    Also, Thanks for "Pop Music" I have not seen that in almost 40 years.

I don't know what is going on with the emojis, but that particular bit of animation elicited the same WTF?! reaction from me. Incredible.

• @NoiseHorse said:

I got a puppy about a year and a half ago and he destroyed my music-making routine. He's a constant joyful presence, but he also wants all of my attention. I'm just this moment fully realizing how huge of a disruption he's been with regards to music, but I can't hate him for it. He makes me happy.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Still waiting....there has been a showing this morning, so mother and grandmother both predicting today's the day !

This was Saturday nights mind occupation therapy, timing is a bit off in places but who cares LOL
    Recorded live into AUM using Novation Circuit, Mininova and Launchpad app (samples from blocs wave)

Super skanking Saturday!
    I had a mental image of you sitting in a hospital waiting room with a portable rig. I hope for everyone's sake the happy event is soon, baby too; if ever I was a little tardy, my poor suffering mother would remind me that I was 7 days late in arriving. Hey, it was so cosy, what can I say?

• @JeffChasteen said:
    That "man in the mask" clip from 1:18-1:40...YEAH! That is nice and disturbing. I really like that.
    Also, Thanks for "Pop Music" I have not seen that in almost 40 years.

I don't know what is going on with the emojis, but that particular bit of animation elicited the same WTF?! reaction from me. Incredible.

Someone has taken a lot of care to stitch that show together from various clips, based on someone else's cataloging of every scene in every Kenny Everett show. The internet, eh? I was a bit embarrassed that that was the only example of the Towmatawakatani... song I could find. I know that's not the title, at least google doesn't recognise it. I've only ever heard a brief clip of it years ago, it's most likely pretty poor!

Glad you enjoyed Pop Music, in my semi flustered state I thought it might compensate somehow for that video's appearance on this august forum :-)

• @Souper said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Still waiting....there has been a showing this morning, so mother and grandmother both predicting today's the day !

Super skanking Saturday!
    I had a mental image of you sitting in a hospital waiting room with a portable rig. I hope for everyone's sake the happy event is soon, baby too; if ever I was a little tardy, my poor suffering mother would remind me that I was 7 days late in arriving. Hey, it was so cosy, what can I say?

Love a bit of skanking me.. :)
    Contractions have started this morning so not long now :)

• Yeeeoowww, here we go Andy, get the cigars out

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Souper said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Super skanking Saturday!

Love a bit of skanking me.. :)
    Contractions have started this morning so not long now :)

That's great news. :) Great tracks as well mate. Finger crossed.

• Good luck :]

• She's here :)
    Born at 18:13 UK time, 8lb 3oz.....she's gorgeous :)
    Mum and Dad haven't decided on name yet.
    I have her down as a future hardcore dj, due to the fist pumps. :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    She's here :)

Congratulations!

• @JeffChasteen said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    She's here :)

Congratulations!

• Congrats Gramps!

• @RulesOfBlazon said:
    Congrats Gramps!

Usually I get called grumps....but gramps is better :)

Thanks

• @AndyPlankton Cool track! The bass is pretty catchy and I like that eerie vibe. I bought Groovebox but just haven't got around to using it that much yet. Definitely on the to do list

• @Noirflux said:
    @AndyPlankton Cool track! The bass is pretty catchy and I like that eerie vibe. I bought Groovebox but just haven't got around to using it that much yet. Definitely on the to do list

Thanks :) Since Groovebox I haven't opened another synth on the iPad....the groovebox/blocs wave combination is very capable and super productive for me ;)

• Congrats @AndyPlankton

Have you got a set of decks to give her?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Congrats @AndyPlankton

Cheers dude :)
    Perhaps I should go look for these...

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Congrats @AndyPlankton

Hey they look cool

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Congrats @AndyPlankton

Hey they look cool

wonder if the faders would work with AUM