Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawk IAP - "Africa"

Just wanted to let everyone know that BH2 has a new IAP called "Africa". It sounds fantastic. Mostly loops, but also 5 playable instruments! :) $4.99 USD. Give UVI some love and nab this fantastic pack. Cheers.

Comments

• @thesoundtestroom Check it out mate. :) Cheers.

• With all the vast resources of the UVI library, Beathawk will always have the edge when it comes to content.

• Any african guitars ?

• @grego68 said:
    Any african guitars ?

Not bought it but they suggest so in their soundcloud description for the pack.

"..Layer the rich and diverse sounds of the cradle of humanity into your productions as you explore the primal rhythms and rich melodies of the African people. Includes a huge selection of authentically performed loops and phrases as well as fully playable Balafon and African Guitar."

• Every package of sounds in Beathawk 2 is an extensions of samples to Beatmaker 3 (Beathawk as an AUv3 instrument). Awesome combination!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that BH2 has a new IAP called "Africa". It sounds fantastic. Mostly loops, but also 5 playable instruments! :) $4.99 USD. Give UVI some love and nab this fantastic pack. Cheers.

Nice thanks for the heads up !!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @thesoundtestroom Check it out mate. :) Cheers.

As soon as they send me the pack I'll demo it, they are usual pretty quick

• "primal rhythms...cradle of humanity...rich melodies of african people"
    was not expecting to read something like that in 2017 but ok

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    @thesoundtestroom Check it out mate. :) Cheers.

As soon as they send me the pack I'll demo it, they are usual pretty quick

Sweet! :smiley: Can't wait mate.

@Lady_App_titude Right? This is why I love Beathawk. UVI will never run out of sustainable income, because they have so much more to sell in terms of sounds.

@ErrkaPetti Right? :) That's the main reason I like Beatmaker 3 so much. That's the workflow I used when betatesting it.

@realdavidai No problem. :sunglasses:

• Not a Toto pack, then. ;)

• @hazardtears said:
    "primal rhythms...cradle of humanity...rich melodies of african people"

Why, what's the matter with that description?

• you may check some documentation about street life in Monrovia...
    lots of people leave the continent heading for Europe, many die crossing Sahara and the Mediteranean Sea.
    Those folks leave for some reason, not fun or adventure...

• @Telefunky said:
    Those folks leave for some reason, not fun or adventure...

Misfortune which has nothing to do with all the great rhythms and melodies created by African musicians.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Not a Toto pack, then. ;)

You know that's what I thought the first time I saw the thread, Imthought all those amazing 80s sounds from Toto, the amazing brass and everything

• Anyone who has the world percussion pack and the Africa pack report in on the overlap between the two?

• I have both. There are four "playable" instruments in the Africa kit: an African guitar and three Balafons. I think that it is a bit deceptive of UVI to say "four instruments" when it's really two instruments, with three variations of one. Frankly, I think that the guitar sound is not that impressive.

The rest of the pack has a folder containing instrument loops and another containing percussion loops. This is where the pack shines. The instrument loops contain many tracks with authentic sounding vocals. The quality of the sounds in both folders are excellent, like all of the Beathawk packs.

This pack would be really useful for someone who is writing a soundtrack for a Safari or a scene that takes place in a jungle, or even a tropical island. For that reason, it may have more limited use than some of the other packs.

Should you buy this? Heck, it's $5, and UVI deserves our support, so why not.

-Scarlet Jerry

• @Zen210507 said:

@hazardtears said:

no it's good, i can't wait to dl the rich melodies of European people.

• @hazardtears said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hazardtears said:

Please tell me you're trolling and aren't actually serious.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@hazardtears said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hazardtears said:

i could ask the same from whoever wrote that sound bite.

• edited July 2017

@hazardtears said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@hazardtears said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hazardtears said:

So you mean to tell me that you're actually offended by the expansion's description? :confounded: :D Okay, ten years ago, nobody in their right mind would become "oh so offended" over a simple product description like this. The internet was way more offensive, and its users like me grew a thick skin. Every type of -ism you could think of was a regular occurance, 99% of the time "in the name of teh lulz". In many ways, the internet outside of 4chan has improved. In other ways, it has worsened.

The trick to stop being offended by everything is to ignore the words and look at the context. UVI were simply trying to describe a product. I see very little wrong with it. They had no bad intentions. There were far worse product descriptions and ads in the past 10 years alone than something so simple like this. Look up "KFC cricket ad" on google to see something actually offensive in advertising for which KFC rightfully received backlash if you don't believe me.

That said, we'll continue to discuss the actual merits of the sample pack instead of discussing whether its description is bad or not, and you can go off to Tumblr or your campus to express your moral outrage over a simple sample pack description there. ;) Take care.

• @hazardtears said:

Haven't you got some muesli to knit.

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@Zen210507 said:

You know that's what I thought the first time I saw the thread, Imthought all those amazing 80s sounds from Toto, the amazing brass and everything

Oh yeah. I'd buy that one for a fiver!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@hazardtears said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@hazardtears said:

@Zen210507 said:

@hazardtears said:

So you mean to tell me that you're actually offended by the expansion's description? :confounded: :D Okay, ten years ago, nobody in their right mind would become "oh so offended" over a simple product description like this. The internet was way more offensive, and its users like me grew a thick skin. Every type of -ism you could think of was a regular occurance, 99% of the time "in the name of teh lulz". In many ways, the internet outside of 4chan has improved. In other ways, it has worsened.

The trick to stop being offended by everything is to ignore the words and look at the context. UVI were simply trying to describe a product. I see very little wrong with it. They had no bad intentions. There were far worse product descriptions and ads in the past 10 years alone than something so simple like this. Look up "KFC cricket ad" on google to see something actually offensive in advertising for which KFC rightfully received backlash if you don't believe me.

That said, we'll continue to discuss the actual merits of the sample pack instead of discussing whether its description is bad or not, and you can go off to Tumblr or your campus to express your moral outrage over a simple sample pack description there. ;) Take care.

First off, that's some heavy-handed tarot-level reading on my comment which did not say or refer to any of those things. Don't really want to tell you how to interpret things, but maybe look at the words a little, too, instead of projecting a context onto them?

About the sound pack, which I was talking about (instead of 4chan or KFC ads): I think the description is part of the actual merits of the sound pack, ie. whether one needs a pack that suggests to represent an entire continent's worth of sounds.

Please note that I have not said "don't use that sound pack, it's wrong", but merely commented on how surprising it is to see the words primal, authentic and the like there.

Go tweak that African Guitar if that's what you like and it makes sense to you, but don't tell other people what they should or shouldn't do or say (something people do in campuses -did i get that one right?)

Lastly, telling me to go to Tumblr (also surprising to hear in 2017) because I don't share your sensibilities on how to comment things on a forum and then musing about how people get offended too easily is pretty rich, confusing, and a great example of people getting offended too easily. Also, do you see me telling you to go work on your Lion King musical for bringing up this sound pack?

You take care too & thanks for posting this, haven't really looked at UVI stuff in some time now.

• @hazardtears said:

I think they are giving african people a compliment

• edited July 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

@Zen210507 said:

I'd be so down with Toto IV pack - a true rock and roll milestone album from the first track to the last, and all points in between! They practically had a permanent seat onstage at the Grammies that year.

If they could sample some vintage Bobby Kimball "oohs, ahhs and yeahs" into a sound pack ... :sunglasses:

That said, you could probably muster up the percussion part for "Africa." Like all BH packs, I'm sure it sounds awesome.

• @hazardtears said:

The description as written (and not as you have parsed it here) struck me as quite positive and complimentary. Downloading now.

• Irrespective of the brouhaha this struck me personally as a bit of a thin pack, unless you have specific interest or use. For the record that no one's keeping, I find Tumblr incredibly useful, especially for design and architecture, but I guess (like all things) it depends who you're following etc.

• edited July 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I guess (like all things) it depends who you're following etc.

Never tried Tumblr myself, so can't really comment.

But the business of 'following' is something I find disturbing. Mainly because during my time in Twater, I encountered people who equated credibility with how many followers a person had, and as followers can be bought in bulk....

• @Zen210507 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I guess (like all things) it depends who you're following etc.

Never tried Tumblr myself, so can't really comment.

But the business of 'following' is something I find disturbing. Mainly because during my time in Twater, I encountered people who equated credibility with how many followers a person had, and as followers can be bought in bulk....

Fair enough. Not my monkeys, not my circus.