Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free Bm3 bank and a challenge!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc62exh09aa660c/Jango bank 2.zip?dl=0

Here's a free bank I made from various royalty free sounds I found on the net..

If your bored, see if you can make a song with just these sounds, then share with us..

Good luck young Padwan...

Comments

• Or not? Maybe I should join a knitting circle... :#

• I'll check it out. ;-)

• @JangoMango said:

If your bored, see if you can make a song with just these sounds, then share with us..

I'm up for the challenge…but I am stuck trying to figure out how to get your bank and your samples into Beatmaker. So, in effect I've already failed this challenge. :|

• @brice said:

@JangoMango said:

I'm up for the challenge…but I am stuck trying to figure out how to get your bank and your samples into Beatmaker. So, in effect I've already failed this challenge. :|

I could send the zip to beatmaker3 via dropbox

• Nice kit, and easy to import via "open in" from Dropbox- I'm down for the challenge, thanks!

• @JangoMango said:

here's a question. can we use Aux effects ? or are we supposed to only use Bm3's effects ?

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:

If you don't mind I am going to need a bit of instruction on this one, my friend. I tap on his link > it takes me to the Dropbox website and says ".zip files can't be previewed" and gives me the option to "Open in app" > it opens in my Dropbox app > I have zero options from there. Where am I going wrong?

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:

If you don't mind I am going to need a bit of instruction on this one, my friend. I tap on his link > it takes me to the Dropbox website and says ".zip files can't be previewed" and gives me the option to "Open in app" > it opens in my Dropbox app > I have zero options from there. Where am I going wrong?

Actually, import it to your own Dropbox first. Then on the file use the open in dialog. Open in bm3. It will now show up in your imports folder.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:

Actually, import it to your own Dropbox first. Then on the file use the open in dialog. Open in bm3. It will now show up in your imports folder.

Perfect...thanks!

• Feel free to use any bm3 fx! I already made a start this song sounds great

• @JangoMango said:
    Feel free to use any bm3 fx! I already made a start this song sounds great

dayum. had already started using a ton of AU effects :(
    guess i disqualify myself from this challenge.

• Actually, import it to your own Dropbox first. Then on the file use the open in dialog. Open in bm3. It will now show up in your imports folder.

Did you have to unzip first? I'm not getting the "Open in" option...

• @jc-maluca said:

nope. bm3 extracts automatically.

• @jc-maluca said:

• edited July 2017

@AudioGus

When I hit the link in this thread, I get this window (Dropbox latest update)

Hitting the 3 little dots in the upper right of the Dropbox GUI (which takes a beat to respond when you touch it) will give you two options: download to my Dropbox or export.

If you choose export it (not download to my Dropbox) it will do a quick load

Then I get this screen which actually will take me to Beatmaker 3

Not sure why your first screen has the 2 icons in the upper right, but use the three dots rather than the export one, and it should be all good

• edited July 2017

@Littlewoodg said:
    @AudioGus

When I hit the link in this thread, I get this window (Dropbox latest update)

Hitting the 3 little dots in the upper right of the Dropbox GUI (which takes a beat to respond when you touch it) will give you two options: download to my Dropbox or export.
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/cz/

If you choose export it (not download to my Dropbox) it will do a quick load
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor

Then I get this screen which actually will take me to Beatmaker 3
    ![](https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/ft/

Not sure why your first screen has the 2 icons in the upper right, but use the three dots rather than the export one, and it should be all good

Yah mine worked. I probably just have an older version of DropB

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@JangoMango said:

go for it.. as long as we stick to the same samples, mangle them up already lol

• @JangoMango said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@JangoMango said:

go for it.. as long as we stick to the same samples, mangle them up already lol

Sweet. Will see what I can do over the weekend.

• Nice. I'll get something together and post when done. Love these little challenges.

• I'm gonna jump too. Just been too lazy to walk up the street for wifi. Soon!

• You can do a direct download from the link directly into BM3 and it will load the files into your import folder and all you have to do is transfer them to your banks folder to be more organized.

• Here's my effort...

• @JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

Nice flip! I dig that reverse reverb / decay effect. I wish I could say I had something worthwhile to share for this challenge...but after 3 crashes that all occurred while trying to edit the sample waveforms, BM3 wore out its welcome for me. ///////The white flag has officially been raised/////////

• edited July 2017

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

Nice flip! I dig that reverse reverb / decay effect. I wish I could say I had something worthwhile to share for this challenge...but after 3 crashes that all occurred while trying to edit the sample waveforms, BM3 wore out its welcome for me. ///////The white flag has officially been raised/////////

Out of curiousity were you using an audio interface ? It seems Bm3 only crashes for me when I plug in my Ica4+ or novation audiohub. Standalone it seems to almost never crash.

@JangoMango Been swamped with work so never really got around to doing this challenge properly. Made a few instruments but didn't get around to the actual composition. Will rectify it as soon as I can :)

• Cool beans brother

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

Out of curiousity were you using an audio interface ? It seems Bm3 only crashes for me when I plug in my Ica4+ or novation audiohub. Standalone it seems to almost never crash.

@JangoMango Been swamped with work so never really got around to doing this challenge properly. Made a few instruments but didn't get around to the actual composition. Will rectify it as soon as I can :)

No interface being used during the crashes. May try and give it another go if I find myself feeling incredibly patient. Look forward to hearing your jam!

• @brice said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

No interface being used during the crashes. May try and give it another go if I find myself feeling incredibly patient. Look forward to hearing your jam!

just wondering what Ipad are you running?

• @Strizbiz said:

@brice said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

12" Pro....last generation.

• @brice said:

@Strizbiz said:

@brice said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

Ah. It seems like a lot of the crashyness started from the A9 chips onwards....

• @brice said:

@Strizbiz said:

@brice said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@brice said:

@JangoMango said:
    Here's my effort...

Interesting, I've been using BM3 pretty consistently everyday since its release and don't recall any crashes on my Air 2, I think once or twice I had to restart because ISEM is a little temperamental as an audio unit. I'm somewhat leaning towards a new pro so I can have 500 gigs, but I'll have to look into whether it's a IPad thing or Intua thing, but I really haven't heard complaints about BM3 crashing much. Hope you get it sorted out.