Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So... where are all the Drum / Beat AUs ?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Internal sequencers aren't really fitted for hosted plugins imo. In the same way it happens on desktop drums apps have no sequencer of their own

• Go have a look at Bram Bos Twitter!

• After reading your post, I find myself shocked that someone hasn't used "Beat Generation" as a name for a drum app.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Internal sequencers aren't really fitted for hosted plugins imo. In the same way it happens on desktop drums apps have no sequencer of their own

That is the answer, sir!

• I dunno, there are loads of drum/sequence plugins for desktop. I still drool over Geist in occasion.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if elastic drums went AU. I'm just guessing but the dev is massively committed to the app so who knows.

... Or even sickbeats ;)

• edited July 2017

@supadom I'd even pay the dev of Elastic Drums an extra $4.99 IAP for the AU functionality to help with sustainable income for him. Just messaged him on Facebook about that, including the $4.99 IAP suggestion. (Yeah, I know people might be pissed with an IAP for AU functionality, but it beats the hell out of other alternatives mind you.)

@d4d0ug Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM are your best bets for the time being. See above about Elastic Drums possibly going AU. Elastic Drums, in case you wondered, has a sampling option. Cheers. ;)

• @brambos Posting on twitter about it ain't exactly being secretive about the new sequencers D=
    oh well. cats out of the bag. looking forward to testing the new stuff :D

• edited July 2017

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    @brambos Posting on twitter about it ain't exactly being secretive about the new sequencers D=
    oh well. cats out of the bag.

Just one of its paws though >:)

• I would love to see an acoustic drum AU, something like DrumPerfect Pro.

• DrumPerfect Pro as AU! Please make it happen, @Marinus & @Gilbert!

• edited July 2017

Or, why not Beathawk 2.x as an drum app (both AUv3 and standalone app)?

There's many good drumsamples in there, at least as IAP...

• AUs can't send midi yet. Yet.

• @syrupcore said:
    I dunno, there are loads of drum/sequence plugins for desktop. I still drool over Geist in occasion.

That's what I was thinking. Maschine, utonic, battery, etc.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    After reading your post, I find myself shocked that someone hasn't used "Beat Generation" as a name for a drum app.

wow, indeed.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Don't get me wrong......I love Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM... but there seems to be a distinct lack of drum machine / beat generation AUs.... yes there are the sample playing ones, but would definitely part with cash for a 'DM2 like or 'Elastic Drums' like AU.

Why not use IAA? Well... lets just say I prefer AU for state saving and now with another app, parameter automation.

Anyone know of projects in development?

Yeah it’s a big hole for AU right now. I inquired about this for Elastic Drums and Patterning last year. Both said AU was on the roadmap but would take some time

• Beathawk is the answer and oerf ft in bm3 even in GarageBand to.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JeffChasteen said:
    After reading your post, I find myself shocked that someone hasn't used "Beat Generation" as a name for a drum app.

wow, indeed.

I think I will develop a DAW that functions erratically and only occasionaly saves your work. Of course, I will name it "Blank Generation"

• @stormywaterz said:
    Beathawk is the answer and oerf ft in bm3 even in GarageBand to.

Truth, best option right now.

• Perhaps once enough people are on iOS11 and AU plugins get more space to work with. Right now there really isn't enough room inside the AU letterbox to offer a sequencer + controls with a sufficiently good user experience quality imo. Sure you can make it fit, but that's not good enough (especially on phones it's problematic).

• @brambos said:
    Perhaps once enough people are on iOS11 and AU plugins get more space to work with. Right now there really isn't enough room inside the AU letterbox to offer a sequencer + controls with a sufficiently good user experience quality imo. Sure you can make it fit, but that's not good enough (especially on phones it's problematic).

Do you think GB will support the increased screen space and MIDI out soon after iOS 11 drops, or are we looking at January 2018?

• @Tommygun said:
    I would love to see an acoustic drum AU, something like DrumPerfect Pro.

Me too. +1

• @brambos said:
    Perhaps once enough people are on iOS11 and AU plugins get more space to work with. Right now there really isn't enough room inside the AU letterbox to offer a sequencer + controls with a sufficiently good user experience quality imo. Sure you can make it fit, but that's not good enough (especially on phones it's problematic).

Even with a tabbed interface like, say Reslice - for example, @brambos (at least until AU's are allowed to be bigger)? Does the sequencer always have to be on screen at the same time as the sound controls?