Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Push 2 user asks: Touchable vs LK vs Conductr for controlling Ableton?

Hey hey, so I will be without my Push 2 for six weeks and I'm looking at Conductr or Touchable to fill the gap, or anything else that offers a fun way to engage with Ableton. The Conductr Ableton pack IAP is 27€ and Touchable plus Ableton templates costs 27€ + 17€. Does anyone have experience they can share, or a recommendation of one over the other? I'm interested in fun, solid templates, not designing my own control surface. My focus is more on sequencing and creative note input over mixing. Basic clip launching too of course. I also already have Lemur, so if there's anything that's absolutely killer for that, I'd consider it for sure.

Comments

• I have Touchable and LK which are both good, don't forget to try LK by Imaginando, you can trial it I think in demo mode. I've never used Conductr.
    I like what these apps do but I probably will use them more when I get a 12inch Pro. Feels a bit small for me on a 9.7 Air 2.

• Okay cool, thanks for the tip. I'm also a 9.7 Air 2, but it's all good. I'll check out LK too. Did you buy the templates IAP for Touchable? Is it necessary, or worth it?

• I did buy the template pack when they were on a rare anniversary sale. But I still haven't gotten into the habit of using it much yet to review it properly. I still tend to just reach for the mouse and prefer looking at a bigger screen with Live, but maybe that's me. So I haven't taken either of them much further than clip/scene launching yet.

Touchable is deeper than LK but I've never quite clicked with the interface, I prefer the look of LK.

• edited July 2017

@HandOfEmpty said:
    Okay cool, thanks for the tip. I'm also a 9.7 Air 2, but it's all good. I'll check out LK too. Did you buy the templates IAP for Touchable? Is it necessary, or worth it?

Bought the templates just to have them...they'll come in handy at some point. Not a necessary thing but a labor saving thing.

There's an interesting comparison done by Point Blank, Touchable v. Conductr v Lemur (unfortunately they didn't cover LK).

It's a hard call between LK and Touchable...
    I just started using Live again and reinstalled Touchable on the iPad. I'm going to reinstall LK as well and give it a go. I think I didn't like LK as well because the software interface with PC was tricky, but now they have UBridge which I think sorted out the kinks. Push users I've known give the nod to Touchable...

• I love Touchable. I think it's the best for a studio environment. If you're going live, I feel like Conductr might be better. Touchable allows you to enter notes into a clip's MIDI roll, which as far as I know is a unique feature among the apps.

• edited July 2017

@thesammiller said:
    I love Touchable. I think it's the best for a studio environment. If you're going live, I feel like Conductr might be better. Touchable allows you to enter notes into a clip's MIDI roll, which as far as I know is a unique feature among the apps.

(LK does this too), but after putting them all back on the device I have to say I'm sticking with Touchable- it's kind of a masterpiece. It does do stuff the others don't including getting you into your browsers (vst, loops, etc). You don't have to touch the desk- or lap-top install at all.

• edited July 2017

Touchable is the most full fledge version on ios of the Push2

• tried em all and i vote for touchable. most reliant, best features, perfect for live and studio use. been using ableton for for 10+ yrs with various setups, and touchable always delivers for all purposes.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@HandOfEmpty said:
    Okay cool, thanks for the tip. I'm also a 9.7 Air 2, but it's all good. I'll check out LK too. Did you buy the templates IAP for Touchable? Is it necessary, or worth it?

Bought the templates just to have them...they'll come in handy at some point. Not a necessary thing but a labor saving thing.

There's an interesting comparison done by Point Blank, Touchable v. Conductr v Lemur (unfortunately they didn't cover LK).

I just started using Live again and reinstalled Touchable on the iPad. I'm going to reinstall LK as well and give it a go. I think I didn't like LK as well because the software interface with PC was tricky, but now they have UBridge which I think sorted out the kinks. Push users I've known give the nod to Touchable...

LK is by far to me the SUPERIOR controller.

(with all the modules)

• @RustiK said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@HandOfEmpty said:

LK is by far to me the SUPERIOR controller.

(with all the modules)

Can't agree! Touchable is Ableton like, you're able to add devices for example!

• +1 for Touchable and the templates.

• Thanks for all the input, it's very appreciated.

Looks like most people are going for Touchable. What is the specific advantage of buying the Touchable templates pack? Does the normal version not have any templates at all? How much prep is needed to get up and running? Asking because the app + IAP together is pretty expensive.

And it also looks like there's some love for LK, which I wasn't aware of before. What's the biggest advantage of LK over Touchable? Looks like with all its modules it's about 15€ or 20€ cheaper,

• Oh yeah, another question: do any of them support step automarion (a la Elektron parameter locks)?

• edited July 2017

@HandOfEmpty said:
    Oh yeah, another question: do any of them support step automarion (a la Elektron parameter locks)?

Not sure about step automation on any of the app options...
    Here's the template stuff from Touchable.

If you're using Suite it's all the toys. And if you bought Suite, what's another $15

• Another vote for touchable, it just takes a bit of getting used to and I find it a bit cramped on iPad mini screen. The templates are worth getting especially if you have suite.

I'm tempted to pick up an early iPad just to run touchable as I have heard this thing runs well even on first generation iPads!