Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to Pan Aux Effects in Auria

[This is a cross post from the Auria forum.]

I'm using Pro-R in one of the AUX FX slots to apply reverb to one of my audio tracks. What I'd like is for the dry signal in that audio track to come out of the left channel and the reverb only (i.e., 100% wet) to come out of the right channel. If I pan the audio track hard left, the reverb in the AUX FX slot still affects both the left and the right side of the audio channel.

Can anyone suggest a routing option that allows for 100% dry signal on the left and 100% wet signal on the right (in terms of reverb processing)?

Comments

• You need to add two new mono tracks to the project, one for dry one for wet and set the panning accordingly (hard left and right).

Set the input of one to be Bus 1, and the input of the second to be Bus 2, then set the output of your instrument track to both Bus 1 and Bus 2 (just select one after the other in the list).

If you must absolutely use the AUX send that should also be possible, but might be more complicated.

• Thank you, Richard! I’ll try this shortly.

I don’t absolutely need the reverb to be in AUX FX; I’m just accustomed to slotting it there.

• This is working perfectly. Thanks again!

Now I'm beginning to understand how busses work in Auria (versus subgroups). First of all, I didn't realize busses were not visual strips but rather connection points. Secondly, I didn't realize you could output to multiple busses simultaneously. This is opening a few doors for me.

• As an aside I would also recommend using the bussing system to set up your AUX sends rather than the AUX panel on the Master Strip, because there is a bug in the latter which can be really annoying (basically it will add your project latency as a delay, so if you have your latency set to 4096 your reverb will be audibly delayed, but this doesn't happen in the bussing system).

So this means you create a stereo track, set it's input to AUX 1 and add effects there. You have the added benefit of being able to add more than one effect to each AUX, and you can dial in the effect on any channel as per normal with the relevant AUX dial.

• @richardyot said:
    As an aside I would also recommend using the bussing system to set up your AUX sends rather than the AUX panel on the Master Strip, because there is a bug in the latter which can be really annoying (basically it will add your project latency as a delay, so if you have your latency set to 4096 your reverb will be audibly delayed, but this doesn't happen in the bussing system).

So this means you create a stereo track, set it's input to AUX 1 and add effects there. You have the added benefit of being able to add more than one effect to each AUX, and you can dial in the effect on any channel as per normal with the relevant AUX dial.

Interesting. So I could effectively have up to 24 effects applied to a single audio track (in groups of four, controlled by the AUX dials)?

• @kgmessier said:

@richardyot said:
    As an aside I would also recommend using the bussing system to set up your AUX sends rather than the AUX panel on the Master Strip, because there is a bug in the latter which can be really annoying (basically it will add your project latency as a delay, so if you have your latency set to 4096 your reverb will be audibly delayed, but this doesn't happen in the bussing system).

Interesting. So I could effectively have up to 24 effects applied to a single audio track (in groups of four, controlled by the AUX dials)?

Yes. Plus whatever you add as inserts or busses.

• Busses and subgroups are a godsend!

• I've pretty much gone to sending most tracks to a bus now, so I can control the effects and the dry signal mix. It means a lot of routing though, as you want to send the two new tracks to a subgroup, so you have an overall volume. So track to two busses, each bus back to one track, then those two tracks to a subgroup. Gets complicated quickly. :dizzy: