Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Fave VIDEO EDITING APP?

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/511-best-video-editing-apps.html

I got me some LUMA but haven't done much but edit little bits for TAKETE.

Article is cool though. Thought I would share.

Comments

• LumaFusion is superb! I'm no expert and I haven't tried any of the others except iMovie. Don't need to. LumaFusion does everything I need.

• @wim said:
    LumaFusion is superb! I'm no expert and I haven't tried any of the others except iMovie. Don't need to. LumaFusion does everything I need.

What do you do with it?

How did you learn it?

Fiddle or Manual?

Video tutorial recommendations?

I also like Marc Carlotta's quirky apps like Elastic Video and others, they are fun.

Thanks

• I've been editing video professionally for a loooong time. LumaFusion is pretty darn impressive.

• @anickt said:
    I've been editing video professionally for a loooong time. LumaFusion is pretty darn impressive.

Like, you know why it's called 'B-Roll' loooong time? :) I miss the big deathstar fader but not doing the same cut 4 times because of some sub-frame sync issue.

• @syrupcore said:

@anickt said:
    I've been editing video professionally for a loooong time. LumaFusion is pretty darn impressive.

Like, you know why it's called 'B-Roll' loooong time? :) I miss the big deathstar fader but not doing the same cut 4 times because of some sub-frame sync issue.

Timecode was a blessing then. Don't bother with it any more! ;)

• @anickt said:

@syrupcore said:

@anickt said:

Love the knowledge on things I don't know much about.

Appreciate learning things about video topic.

Thanks

• @RustiK said:
    What do you do with it?

Mostly family videos. Digitizing old VHS home videos, editing, adding titles, etc. Most recently a couple of 10 minute videos putting together several stills, titles, and music.

How did you learn it?
    Fiddle or Manual?

Fiddle + video tutorials on their site. There are hours and hours of in-depth tutorials.

Video tutorial recommendations?

I'll try to get a URL or two when I have time. The way I got there was watching one of the basic vids on their site, which then recommended an in-depth series. I didn't see direct links to the in-depth videos, but didn't look around much. Once you get there, though, they are comprehensive and deep.

I also like Marc Carlotta's quirky apps like Elastic Video and others, they are fun.

I don't believe in fun. It's a sin.

• can't wait for Lumafusion to add the video loop trim feature, shouldn't be too much longer now.

• @wim said:
    Digitizing old VHS home videos, editing, adding titles, etc.

Can I ask how you're digitizing (hardware wise) and from what format?

• @syrupcore said:

@wim said:

In the late '90s this was a hardware solution for capturing VHS on PC or MAC: Iomega Buz Multimedia Producer. It retailed for a little over $300.00. The company dropped support for this product fairly early after its release. It did work though. I found a YouTube that offers some description of its installation & setup...

• @kobamoto said:
    can't wait for Lumafusion to add the video loop trim feature, shouldn't be too much longer now.

Can wait for it to have cropping! It's the feature I miss the most right now.

• LumaFussion is hands down the best video editor for IOS imo, its just missing a few things, mainly chroma keying for green screen stuff, and id like some more blending modes, but its still the best to me.

• @theconnactic said:

@kobamoto said:
    can't wait for Lumafusion to add the video loop trim feature, shouldn't be too much longer now.

what by you mean by "cropping"? You actually can crop by going into edit mode and zooming in on a clip, and if need be you can export the zoomed in clip and import it. There's definitely some work arounds

• No, not cropping a clip, but the video footage itself, like in FCPX's Transform window.

• Eg.: removing the entire left side of the image without moving the clip to the left using x=-1.000.

• edited July 2017

Thanks.
    I thought most used Pinnacle Studio Pro before LumaFusion became the goto. iMovie has been lame for a long time (imho).

• What is the easiest for making 1o second loops?

Luma doesn't have looping right?

I thought I tried to do it but couldn't find a way

• @syrupcore said:

@wim said:

I used one of these that I picked up for $20 on Amazon.

TwOTMC USB 2.0 Video Capture Adapter for Windows Xp, 2000, Vista, Window 7, Window 8
    To grab old home videos from a Sony Hi-8 camcorder to a Windows PC. I had to do conversions of some kind because at the time all I had to work with was iMovie.

iMovie just wasn't getting it done and PC editors were too buggy or expensive so they just sat there until LumaFusion came along. Storage would be a problem, except that now LumaFusion has project archive, so I just move them off to hard disk storage when I'm done.

• @Strizbiz said:

@theconnactic said:

@kobamoto said:

what by you mean by "cropping"? You actually can crop by going into edit mode and zooming in on a clip, and if need be you can export the zoomed in clip and import it. There's definitely some work arounds

I was wondering that too. Zooming works great. If you're looking for a picture in a picture kind of thing, then you can zoom in to what you want, clone the clip, then zoom it out to shrink it down.

• Quoting myself:

@theconnactic said:
    No, not cropping a clip, but the video footage itself, like in FCPX's Transform window.

Not talking about cropping a clip in the timeline, folks. :) Cropping the actual footage like cropping a pic in Photoshop is what I need. LumaFusion doesn’t have this. FCPX, Premiere etc. do have. Much needed, in my opinion.

• wimwim
    edited July 2017

I think that's what we were describing. Zoom in and drag around until what you want is in the frame. Isn't that basically the same thing?

• edited July 2017

No! That could be enough for some situations, while for others it won’t do. Example given, take a look at this video, 2’05”:

If you look with attention, you’ll notice the upper video in the horizontally split screen was rotated to fit, and I had to mask it with the video in the lower side to make it not obvious. Besides, I couldn’t position the lower video so both videos have the same area on the screen; that because I couldn’t crop out the upper portion of the lower video, which has no relevant movement going on, and If I simply move the video to a lower position, all the action in the fretboard will be lost to the viewer. In FCPX, for example, I could select a rectangle and crop out what I don’t want.

• @RustiK said:
    What is the easiest for making 1o second loops?

Luma doesn't have looping right?

I thought I tried to do it but couldn't find a way

I believe seamless video loop trim is on the roadmap

• edited July 2017

I've had a few conversations with the developers. They are incredibly invested in making this app as close to perfect as they can get. They're basically going for premiere on an iPad, and they've done a pretty darn good job. It's *not premiere by a long shot, but so far I haven't found anything that can do color correction like luma fusion can. It's really the only show in town for color grading on a semi professional level on an iPad.

• I don't pretend to understand what you need completely, but I just did something very similar in just a few seconds. I positioned one clip in a separate lane, and dragged it upward until just what I wanted was showing. Similarly, I positioned the lower clip so that only what I wanted showed. The clip in the other lane covered the parts I didn't need from the first since it is higher in the order, so there wasn't any need for clipping.

I still don't see what can't be done without clipping, but I'm sure you underestsnd far better than I do so I'll take your word for it.

• @wim said:
    I don't pretend to understand what you need completely, but I just did something very similar in just a few seconds. I positioned one clip in a separate lane, and dragged it upward until just what I wanted was showing. Similarly, I positioned the lower clip so that only what I wanted showed. The clip in the other lane covered the parts I didn't need from the first since it is higher in the order, so there wasn't any need for clipping.

I still don't see what can't be done without clipping, but I'm sure you underestsnd far better than I do so I'll take your word for it.

I feel the same way about his comments, and like you, I assume I'm just not getting it. I'm going to rewatch that clip and see if I can understand it again.

• edited July 2017

@boone51 and @wim, I’ll try to explain again: notice the clip that is running in the lower portion of the screen is occupying more space than the clip that is occupying the upper part of the screen. Let’s call this lower clip “The Mask”, and the clip at the top “The Face”. The Mask, despite being at the bottom of the screen, it’s actually on top of The Face in the timeline (the clip that’s above in the timeline masks the one which is below).

Notice also that The Mask cannot be dragged further down - and doing it so would be ideal, because it would split the screen exactly in half. Why? Because if I dragged it further down, the actual playing, the fingers on the fretboard, would be hidden from view, would be out of the frame. What would I do in Final Cut Pro X? I would simply crop out the upper part of the clip so my playing would still appear and the screen would be divided by half.

Now you could be asking yourself: why didn’t I use The Face instead as the actual mask? Because it had to be rotated so the action fit in the frame, because I have the habit, residual from my classical guitar days, to play with the fretboard quite angled toward the ceiling. Since it’s rotated, if I used The Face to mask The Mask instead of the opposite, I would not have a beautiful horizontal line dividing the screen (albeit a little off the halfway mark), but instead an almost V shaped line dividing the screen (some people could actually find it cool, but don’t listen to them: they have a handicaped taste, which amounts to be “aesthetically retarded”), besides singling out I had to rotate the clip to fit. Of course, in Final Cut Pro X I could crop out a portion of The Face to have my horizontal edge back again, and now you see how I miss the feature. Hopefully they will add it soon.

Cheers!

• Just some cheap and good video apps that let you easy edit vids, are very lightweight and super easy to work with. Also this apps are updated regulary and all have active and dedicated devs for years. So good track record.

Movie Pro

Videocraft
    http://www.gamelarious.com/

Videoshop
    http://www.videoshop.net/

• Thanks @wim.