Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Setting Up two Separate mono Outputs using Garageband

Rreetings as a new member. I have searched the forum for an answer to the following problem.

Issue
I have a FocusRite iDock and have a microphone in input one and a guitar in input two. I would like to use Audiobus 3 to apply a reverb app to the microphone and use guitar effects like Amplitube on the guitar input. Is this possible? If so please help me by telling me where I am going wrong!

Failed Method

For the microphone, I open Audiobus 3 and use system input 1, a compatible reverb app and select Garageband as the output.

For the guitar, I open Audiobus 3 to create a "second" signal path, using system input 2 for the guitar, Amplitube as the effect and Garageband as the output.

I open all the apps and then create a Garageband file to create two separate track by selecting the "Audio Recorder". Track 1 uses input 1 of the Focusrite for the microphone and Track 2 uses input 2 of the focus rite for the guitar. I double check to make sure that the inputs and outputs are correct.

I get no output in GarageBand.

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! Best to all.

Comments

• Hey @polyacetylene - sorry about the delay getting back to you. I don't actually have a copy of Amplitube, but I tried to create the same setup here with another app (I used Echo Pad) and everything worked right, so we may need to look a bit closer. What happens if you use the System Audio output in Audiobus, instead of GarageBand? Do you hear everything then?

Note that as GarageBand isn't a multitrack recorder (it won't record more than one track at a time), you'll only be able to record a single track that mixes the two inputs.