Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Weirdest audio issue

... happened to me today. Ipad Pro 9.7 plugged into ICM4+ (as usual), going into the Mac (Aggregated device with Kmix). Started my Logic setup, ready the equivalent channels and started my AB-preset on iPad. Nice sounds, yeah, but only for a few seconds, then it just cuts out, with no obvious reason...

Tried hard reset on iPad, restarting everything, including powercycling of iConnect and Kmix (and the Thunderbolt Dock, everything runs through...), different channels on the ICM, blowing the port with compressed air... . Always the same: sounding for a few seconds, then cutting out-. ??

Then I switched to the iPad Air, and it suddenly worked (as it did through the last months, problemfree), tried the Pro again: sounding, cutting out... .

Anybody had something similar EVER happen?, I am clueless and baffeled, to be honest.

Will experiment further...

Comments

• I had problems with my Air 2 in a band session once, it was going into the PA mixer and sounded awful, then cut out. I gave up at this point as the band were shaking their heads, desparagingly and didn't attempt it again. Always works fine with Logic and my mixer at home though.