Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM Solo mode thoughts

I'm just wondering how people are using Solo mode.. ( I guess this applies to other apps as well)

I've been trying to use it as a way to quickly choose which channel gets sent to GTL for looping.
The idea being you press the solo button and that channel gets sent to GTL while all the others do not.

Unfortunately it doesn't really do what I want for two reasons.

1) when you press solo on a second channel then both get sent to GTL - it does not turn off the original channel - (so what I think I want is "SOLO EXCLUSIVE MODE" is that right?)

2) When you hit solo on a channel the Mix bus you have selected as the channel master out follows the SOLO and comes on as well (useful as otherwise there would be a solo of silence).. but if you have set up any other Mix Bus sends (for example for FX - reverb or so on) these do not seem to come on (unless I am doing something wrong). It would be god if these followed as well - or had the option to follow or not.

I think to solve my problem I am going to have to use a MIDI app to generate a whole series of other messages so that when I hit a button it will Mute one channel and unmute all the others - by sending a whole raft of messages. What's the best app for that? Is it the original MIDIFLOW? I have that already but not used it much.