Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Got a kick out of a portion of their description...."Modulation is power. Power is sex." I guess I can't be modulating in public any more.

• Lol. Yeah keep it in the closet.

• But then my wife gets suspicious. @Anyone - Have you got WOW yet? If so, what's the verdict?

• edited September 2013

Didn't quite get the appinfo, are you able to use 3(4?) filter units at the same time, all with their own filter types etc?

Edit: Nevermind, found the manual on their website and those 4 buttons under the XY are banks storing XY assignments.

• This looks interesting!!! So could this be a replacement for Filtatron which doesn't look like it will ever get Audiobus?

• edited September 2013

Also, the app size?..Sugar Bytes please let us remove factory loops and all that, it's just a filter unit. 62mb download, what's the install size on this?

Another feature request: Make it universal. It'll work just as good (or bad depending on how you look at it) on 4" screen, pretty please sugar bytes?

• FUCKING COOL!!!!!!!!

• Another wish list item fulfilled! Now how about Cyclop, SugarBytes?

• ....so Modulation is now in the same category as wanking?..(no Modulating on the Bus!) lol?

• Naw, it says sex. Not wanking dude lol

• Ok back to the app every time I hit the dice function or one of the numbers near it the app
    Crashs anyone else have this problem.

• @Audiojunkie I don't think any of the Wow filter models really come close to the Filtatron ladder model, BUT in many ways Wow is FAR more flexible. Hopefully Moog will ad AB to filtatron and we can all use both!

• @eyeballjackson Sounds good to me! Let's hope it happens...and soon! :-)

• Wanking is cheaper.

• lets get them to add in Auria as a plug in

• Also Lets pound on Apple to hurry up getting parameters/presets communication up and running (I was under the impression this was already possible from reading other devs).

• Yeah, I'd really like that (as well as automation and midi sync) in inter-app audio! :-)

• So any impressions yet? Is it worth getting if you already have FabFilter Volcano (in Auria but still). I know they have a different sound to'em, anyone tried both?

• 22 distinct filter types. Very deep feature set with flexible, powerful and intuitive controls. More streamlined than FabFilter, I'd say. A must, if you already have FF? Maybe not. BUT it is the best standalone filter app for the effects slot that I've seen.

• Thanks @eyeballjackson . Hm decisions decisions....I know, "file it under 1st world problems".

• edited September 2013

Remember how I said not long ago that a certain app that was advertised for dubstep bass was worthless for that purpose because it lacked BPM sync? Well WOW provides (among MANY other things) instant BPM-synced&subdivided dubstep wobble to whatever signal or sample you feed it. When Cyclop comes out, the two apps will form like Voltron and create an unstoppable wobble-bass machine!

No need to remind us how much you dislike dubstep, folks ;)

• edited September 2013

Yep I know which one you mean. And that's definitely one big usage I would get out of it. I'll prob get it tomorrow, can't try it out now anyways

• Auria plugin and universal app would be very nice.

• Now if only I could chain apps in the effect slot and use WOW together with Turnado. Hmmmmmm.... which order would I put them in?

• If you have auria, you'll be able to do just that when 1.13 comes out. Wow in the filter slot, turnado in auria. If you don't have auria, it's still cheaper to buy auria than a desktop version of Turnado!

• edited March 2014

• Bummer, but I'm getting deeper into WOW and there's no looking back. So much depth, so many possibilities, so well implemented. This is a lot more than "just a filter"!

• Have anyone been able to try it out on iOS 7 inside Audiobus yet?