Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• There isn't much I haven't bought.

• I'll probably pick up rev1 and 2 iap for arp ODYSSEi

• Hopefully the 'sale' will include some nice surprises and new apps :)
    (I've not yet dug into the updated Gadgets IPA to see if there's some news to be found).

• I didn't have the Polysix. Yummy. Just hope it works on iOS 11. Any guesses?

• @Kühl said:
    I didn't have the Polysix. Yummy. Just hope it works on iOS 11. Any guesses?

Updated after June 1st 2015, all good.

https://9to5mac.com/2014/12/17/apple-reminds-developers-about-64-bit-ios-app-store-requirement-app-updates-now-must-also-comply-by-june/

• Anyone think there's a chance Korg is going to go Audio Unit on any of their synths? Or are they too locked in with gadget (not so interesting for me).

• edited July 2017

I think Gadget don't really need AU host. Because it has a lot of built-in effects and has a good sequenser wifhin. Usually I create my thack within Gadget and export it to Lurssen Mastering Console for 'mastering'. And it doesn't really need any other extentions (AU/ IAA-host etc)

• I think it’s more about making the Gadgets themselves AU’s on iOS.

• I> @Kranick said:

I think Gadget don't really need AU host. Because it has a lot of built-in effects and has a good sequenser wifhin. Usually I create my thack within Gadget and export it to Lurssen Mastering Console for 'mastering'. And it doesn't really need any other extentions (AU/ IAA-host etc)

I agree.

I rather a nice way to record vocals and use it more as a daw.

ALTHOUGH I WOULD LOVE TO USE GEO SHRED IN THERE!

• I've been waiting for another Korg sale since Gadget 3's sale, where I picked up Gadget for the first time.

I had iM1 and bought the IAP's so for this sale I wanted Module so I could get 5 more Gadgets as well. Well, I love Module, although it seems to get this "meh" rap; some of the Rhodes & B3 sounds were incredible.

I have limited storage space an figured I could just about fade the 1GB+ (especially since it also activates the other 5 Gadgets) but when I go to mess with the Module Gadgets a dialog box pops up that says it takes another 1.3GB+ to get the 5 Module Gadgets loaded.

Damn, I had never heard of that caveat before, just figured Gadget would make available all the other Korg "Gadgets" you own. Makes me stop and consider if getting Odyssei on sale is worth it if I'm pushed into bumping more stuff off to make room...

Yes the 4GB of RAM is awesome, the increased screen size, the new speaker system, etc. is reason enough to want the new iPad Pro 10" (or 12"), but the biggest attraction is the 256 & 512 GB size storage. Juggling apps on & off an iPad is a first world problem of epic proportions...

• Yeah, at least twice a year I have this internal debate. I don't particularly like the sounds that Electribe and iKaossilator trade in. But so many people swear by iKaossilator that it makes me wonder. Is it possible to get anything out of iKaossilator it doesn't sound like slightly past-its-prime EDM?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah, at least twice a year I have this internal debate. I don't particularly like the sounds that Electribe and iKaossilator trade in. But so many people swear by iKaossilator that it makes me wonder. Is it possible to get anything out of iKaossilator it doesn't sound like slightly past-its-prime EDM?

I get this with wavestation. But have stopped buying things just because i might not be "getting" the appeal.

• @vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah, at least twice a year I have this internal debate. I don't particularly like the sounds that Electribe and iKaossilator trade in. But so many people swear by iKaossilator that it makes me wonder. Is it possible to get anything out of iKaossilator it doesn't sound like slightly past-its-prime EDM?

I get this with wavestation. But have stopped buying things just because i might not be "getting" the appeal.

I'm exactly the same with wavestation! I really like the abstract stuff that, I believe?, Matt Fletcher gets when he abuses the synth, but the actual presets are just godawful. Same with me for Kaspar: I don't care how modulatable it is, if I hate it at its base level....

But then, you know. I do enjoy a new purchase!

• You can get some nice reggae rhythms from iKaossilator.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I'm exactly the same with wavestation! I really like the abstract stuff that, I believe?, Matt Fletcher gets when he abuses the synth, but the actual presets are just godawful. Same with me for Kaspar: I don't care how modulatable it is, if I hate it at its base level....

this might be considered heresy here but i'm done with buying more ios synths. i have model 15 and odyssei and the brambos stuff and of course most of gadget, but nothing beats sitting on the couch and designing sounds and saving on one of the roland boutiques. i don't like switching pages, cumbersome and always seem to get a click or some noise. any new gadget (that is not awful 90's preset sounds) that comes out i will get because i love that environment, but any "external" synths that are not in gadget will truly be external. unless i'm mixing in auria and realize i need some quick pad glue or something like that.

the roland ju-06 is truly magical. controls are so limited but everything sounds phenomenal. bass, pads, arps, stabs. can be found for 200.

• edited July 2017

Sorry if this is a silly question, but, what does iWavestation IAP "WAVESTATION Exp"?

Expansion cards?

Thanks.

• @fjcblanco said:
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but, what does iWavestation IAP "WAVESTATION Exp"?

Expansion cards?

Thanks.

probably just more shitty presets haha

• edited July 2017

@vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

this might be considered heresy here but i'm done with buying more ios synths. i have model 15 and odyssei and the brambos stuff and of course most of gadget, but nothing beats sitting on the couch and designing sounds and saving on one of the roland boutiques. i don't like switching pages, cumbersome and always seem to get a click or some noise. any new gadget (that is not awful 90's preset sounds) that comes out i will get because i love that environment, but any "external" synths that are not in gadget will truly be external. unless i'm mixing in auria and realize i need some quick pad glue or something like that.

the roland ju-06 is truly magical. controls are so limited but everything sounds phenomenal. bass, pads, arps, stabs. can be found for 200.

can be found for 200 what? I'm seeing them for close to $1,000!

Sounds wonderful:

EDIT: Oh, you mean the sound module, right?

Can you sequence this with Modstep, I assume?

• full midi in, don't remember if knobs send cc out though. i also have the jupiter one (jp-08). way more versatile, and i really like it too, don't think it will ever go anywhere, but this juno is instant gratification and dead simple to get what you want and has signature sound.

built in sequencer starts with any midi clock in like a champ and as an added bonus you can play chords while the sequencer is running. arp is mono but the unit has 4 voices. i have the optional keyboards which is useful for testing and creating patches but are pretty shitty keys. glad i have them though.

• edited July 2017

I use my ipad live as the synth engine in my 80s band.

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

Recommendations based on my application.

• @MikeyP said:

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

imo module is a must for live use. really good bread and butter sounds. has a triton pack that might be good for signature sounds after the M1. the oddyssei is my second favorite ios synth but my favorite one that opens in gadget. if i were playing live still i would try to find a workaround staying within gadget. 4-5 gadgets per song, and just activate the gadget i need at the moment.

• @MikeyP said:

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

I really like Odyssei. Great sounds, xy pads, good arp.

Module I never use, and it's not particularly friendly, but if you need good sounding pianos, I guess it's good?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@MikeyP said:

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

Module I never use, and it's not particularly friendly, but if you need good sounding pianos, I guess it's good?

I sing and play keytar, we have a full time keys player who does all the heavy lifting , including and esp piano.

I at first was intrigued by wavestation, but now am leaning toward Odyssei

• @MikeyP said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@MikeyP said:

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

I sing and play keytar, we have a full time keys player who does all the heavy lifting , including and esp piano.

I at first was intrigued by wavestation, but now am leaning toward Odyssei

ODYSSEi should work great with your Keytar (lead sounds).

• @MikeyP said:

Korg apps I already own:

iM1
    Gadget
    iPolySix
    iMS-20
    iElectribe

Looking at:

iWaveStation
    Module
    ARP ODYSSEi

Module. You will get 4 new gadgets with it!

• Gadget is not an app I use.

My current rig is mostly :
    iM1 (by a large margin)
    then
    Animoog
    Poison
    Galileo
    DM1

• wimwim
    edited July 2017

@Kühl said:
    I didn't have the Polysix. Yummy. Just hope it works on iOS 11. Any guesses?

FYI: No Link. No Midi-Clock (that I can see).
    I don't know if those are important to you.

• @JRSIV said:
    I've been waiting for another Korg sale since Gadget 3's sale, where I picked up Gadget for the first time.

I had iM1 and bought the IAP's so for this sale I wanted Module so I could get 5 more Gadgets as well. Well, I love Module, although it seems to get this "meh" rap; some of the Rhodes & B3 sounds were incredible.

I have limited storage space an figured I could just about fade the 1GB+ (especially since it also activates the other 5 Gadgets) but when I go to mess with the Module Gadgets a dialog box pops up that says it takes another 1.3GB+ to get the 5 Module Gadgets loaded.

Damn, I had never heard of that caveat before, just figured Gadget would make available all the other Korg "Gadgets" you own. Makes me stop and consider if getting Odyssei on sale is worth it if I'm pushed into bumping more stuff off to make room...

Yes the 4GB of RAM is awesome, the increased screen size, the new speaker system, etc. is reason enough to want the new iPad Pro 10" (or 12"), but the biggest attraction is the 256 & 512 GB size storage. Juggling apps on & off an iPad is a first world problem of epic proportions...

As well as I understand, once you purchase the Module and launch it on your iDevice, all relevant gadgets within Gadget will be unlocked. After that you could delete Module. I'm sure it will have not influence on your unlocked gadgets.

• Odyssei is wayy underrated. It has the best built-in sequencer/modulator.

@MikeyP Trust me on this, if you're in an 80s band and play keytar, then a) you're right up my alley and b) I know my alleys...Odyssey won't give you the breadth of sounds of Wavestation or Module, but it will give you the most pure enjoyment.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Yes! Just shove it into Grind, Shaper and Turnado- all at the same time. Nobody will ever know where it came from! :p