Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beatmaker 3 IAP Discussion Thread

13»

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:
    Bit messy, but you can actually export iMaschine 2 projects to open directly into BM3, so no need to go via Dropbox

lol, yup, I stumbled across that today!! Actually I sent them to my Dropbox to open inside of Mashine on my laptop, but this way is going to be so much faster and sweeter!!!! I might still use dropbox for expansions with a lot of kits just to organize ,etc. Im loving BM3 even more with these expansion packs!! :)

• Could you explain the process again please? Thanks!

@MonzoPro said:
    Bit messy, but you can actually export iMaschine 2 projects to open directly into BM3, so no need to go via Dropbox

• edited July 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Could you explain the process again please? Thanks!

@MonzoPro said:

I'd check Strizbiz's version, I think you can do that minus the Dropbox step. All I did though was create a kit in iMaschine, go to 'export for Maschine', click 'export' and then 'import with BM3' in the options.

All the files will be in the BM3 'imports' folder, but will need moving about as it's a bit messy. All the files are there though.

• Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall imaschine2 and all sound packs... Thanks for tips!

• Anyone get the digital or analog leads/basses.

• Hi, ive made a bass line using iFretless as a MIDI track (interapp) , and i found impossible to export it as an audio.( wanted to use it in blocks wave) Anybody has that problems with inter apps? Thanks

• edited September 2017

@1P18 said:
    iMaschine 2 actually pairs well with BM3, because I've always viewed iM2 as more of a sample collection and sketch pad, and importing those sketches into BM3 is easy enough.

As for BM3's packs, they don't appear all that compelling so far.

Agree. Let me ask you about importing sketches and samples from iMaschine. Are you basically playing the samples into BM3 and then chopping them up in the sampler there? Or are you importing folders from iMaschine?

And I don't know if it's been covered in this thread, but it's pretty simple to import beatmaker 2 sample folders into BM3. The thread on the Intua site that lays it out pretty clearly.

https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000805074-How-to-import-BeatMaker-2-presets-into-BeatMaker-3

EDIT: I wrote this ages ago, but for some reason it just posted after all of this has already been discussed! Nothing worse than being redundant! I'll just leave through the side door now.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Anyone get the digital or analog leads/basses.

Ya I like em.

• There are two bundles in the BM3 store. Any comments on the “Pure Digital Bundle” ?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@1P18 said:
    iMaschine 2 actually pairs well with BM3, because I've always viewed iM2 as more of a sample collection and sketch pad, and importing those sketches into BM3 is easy enough.

As for BM3's packs, they don't appear all that compelling so far.

Agree. Let me ask you about importing sketches and samples from iMaschine. Are you basically playing the samples into BM3 and then chopping them up in the sampler there? Or are you importing folders from iMaschine?

And I don't know if it's been covered in this thread, but it's pretty simple to import beatmaker 2 sample folders into BM3. The thread on the Intua site that lays it out pretty clearly.

https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000805074-How-to-import-BeatMaker-2-presets-into-BeatMaker-3

EDIT: I wrote this ages ago, but for some reason it just posted after all of this has already been discussed! Nothing worse than being redundant! I'll just leave through the side door now.

Can’t believe I’ve just been uploading sounds from BM2 after seeing this. Over Three hours later, the counter finally got to the last mb, only for BM2 to crash and for absolutely nothing to be showing in the folder in Dropbox I was uploading to!

• edited May 2018

Hi, anyone know if there is a way to convert pad instruments to keys? For example, since each key is velocity responsive on the y axis and pads can only be adjusted on the fly using two hands or maybe one piece spread over several pads at different velocities, can I spread a drum kit out over the keyboard to have easy velocity expression for each kit piece? Thanks.

• There are two ways I know of, depending on what you use as a starting point:

• Personal Preference.

For me the BM3 IAP sound great.

Unfortunately in Ableton or Pattering,

• I don’t like the Grand Piano at all

• Ok so, reviving this for the following question - Not having either iMaschine or Beatmaker 2, I was considering purchasing one or the other for the sample content to import into BM3. Which one would be preferable sound-wise? Thanks!

• edited August 2018

@Rawtunez said:
    I don’t like the Grand Piano at all

Once I adjust a couple of the macros I think it sounds good. Sometime I just turn all the macros off to hear the actual sound.

Imaschine has great samples and you can take the bm2 instrument library to bm3. It does have some good drum sounds and a couple good instruments and you get the bm1 library also.

I moved all my bm2 Iaps to bm3 and you get a great source of sounds also if the bm3 store doesn’t do it for you

• Thanks @stormywaterz.
    So ... is this worth the dough and the effort? Or is there a better solution? I'm totally new to creating samples, etc.