Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Octatrack or MPC Live as a sampler to fill with iOS food?

13»

Comments

• @ElectroHead said:
    Is there any app which enables playback of 8 audio tracks at once and changing up to 96 parameters simultaneously and morphing between 16 sets of 96 parameters with a single controller?

Drambo?

• Have you taken into consideration the Maschine+ ?
    I haven’t actually played with any of them. But I’ve watched a ton of videos.
    I was interested in the MPC live but don’t really like the workflow, I find it confusing. Moved to the Akai Force which seems a lot more hands-on and a clip style workflow, but it’s too big. I hadn’t considered the Maschine+ at first, I had the impression it was more techno-orientated, but I’m really liking what I see.

• edited April 2021

@echoopera said:
    Honestly after the latest update to the MC707, I think this is the winner:

I really like the 707 but I don’t know what the issue is with the audio time limit. I believe it’s 6 minute total per project. Same in Roland Verselab.
    It’s way too little for building a song with audio tracks, instruments or vocals. You can’t lay down a bass and guitar track. It drastically limits the user base for these otherwise great machines.
    Why is it?. I find it hard to believe that in the year 2021 there’s technical impediments to having decent audio capabilities. I really don’t get it.
    Before someone points out RAM limits or hardware streaming... whatever it is, do it. Octatrakt, the Deluge, MPC Live, an iPad... they all handle long audio times. I can pass it on a 200$ device, for cutting down costs, not on a high end 800$ product.

• anyone using iOS device as a sound module for Octatrack or MPC?
    I'm thinking of doing that for a while with AudioLayer and Layr cause they have program change and they multitimbral

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    anyone using iOS device as a sound module for Octatrack or MPC?
    I'm thinking of doing that for a while with AudioLayer and Layr cause they have program change and they multitimbral

I used to sync up my Digitakt with Groove Rider, BM3 and Gadget plus Drambo sometimes, for testing purposes, but I don't really feel the need for using the Digitakt anymore.

• @Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

I recently got an MPC Live II and, yes, the iPad can be useful as a module. Just keep in mind that you'll need a CCK and USB-to-MIDI conversion cable, as the MPC USB ports don't output MIDI unless you're in "dumb" (i.e. sequencer/sampler/etc.-free) controller mode. I've messed with Bluetooth MIDI connections, but they seem janky and easily throttled.

To he honest, I usually just use SynthJacker - or, in the case of drums, manual hits - to create iPad instruments/samples and then put them on my MPC's SD card. Takes some minor elbow grease, but it's (currently) more organic to my workflow. However, I'm also not a "cast of thousands" synth user; I have about 40-50 sounds I really like, and I tend to stick to them.

• @mambonassau said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

I recently got an MPC Live II and, yes, the iPad can be useful as a module. Just keep in mind that you'll need a CCK and USB-to-MIDI conversion cable, as the MPC USB ports don't output MIDI unless you're in "dumb" (i.e. sequencer/sampler/etc.-free) controller mode. I've messed with Bluetooth MIDI connections, but they seem janky and easily throttled.

To he honest, I usually just use SynthJacker - or, in the case of drums, manual hits - to create iPad instruments/samples and then put them on my MPC's SD card. Takes some minor elbow grease, but it's (currently) more organic to my workflow. However, I'm also not a "cast of thousands" synth user; I have about 40-50 sounds I really like, and I tend to stick to them.

Another big plus with the MPC Live 2 is that it has Ableton Link. Sometimes I connect my MPC to my IPad and sequence the session that way, other times I just connect them via Ableton Link and use the IPad to sequence the IPad sounds, then export them to my Mac and bring everything together

• edited June 2021

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Yep. I regularly feed my iPad and all of its potential into my MPC One. And i also use the MPC One to sequence the heck out of the iPad.

It’s a great pairing.

OctaTrack works great too.

• edited June 2021

Ive used a mpc1k for years with ios. Loved it. Been wanting to like the mpcone, but i cant jive with it. I havent seen what i cant accomplish with just the ipad and an mpd.
    Lately i have been concidering an akai force (or a 1010 blackbox but its doesnt have a whole lot you can modulate) because cliplaunching seems to be the only thing lacking in ios, and i dont see remixlive stepping up their game anytime soon and providing midilearn or LPPmk3 support.

• @rs2000 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

I used to sync up my Digitakt with Groove Rider, BM3 and Gadget plus Drambo sometimes, for testing purposes, but I don't really feel the need for using the Digitakt anymore.

Reading this I realized I don’t ever use the Digitakt. Such a cool device, but i find the iPad faster in general. I hate transferring and finding samples on the Digitakt, just takes a while to get something going. I do love the tweakativity, the screen, the feel. I don’t see the point or advantage of using the Digitakt as a sequencer instead of Drambo, for example.

• edited June 2021

Can not say too much about Elektron but their machines are quite famous, especially Digitakt. What I can say is that one step before focusing 100% on iOS, I was sound mangling on MPC One and it is a great piece of hardware (especially after the last firmware update where they added the drum synth) but a fast iPad full of apps is so much more. That's one of the reasons I have sold it. But MPC One's are now available for quite cheap on the second hand market. In Germany for about 500€ vs 750 launching price exactly one year ago. If you have a possibility give it a go. I love that it has no silly memory limitations like hardware from other manufacturers. You can just casually load gigs of samples on a SD card and feed it to the machine. MPC One is a good companion piece of gear to an iPad.

• edited June 2021

@tahiche said:

@rs2000 said:

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:

Reading this I realized I don’t ever use the Digitakt. Such a cool device, but i find the iPad faster in general. I hate transferring and finding samples on the Digitakt, just takes a while to get something going. I do love the tweakativity, the screen, the feel. I don’t see the point or advantage of using the Digitakt as a sequencer instead of Drambo, for example.

Have you seen this app to make it easier to transfer samples to the DigiTakt.
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/src-transfer/id1275880971

Some chatter about it on the Elektronauts site:
    https://www.elektronauts.com/t/src-sample-transfer-for-ios/42940/213

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Ive used a mpc1k for years with ios. Loved it. Been wanting to like the mpcone, but i cant jive with it. I havent seen what i cant accomplish with just the ipad and an mpd.
    Lately i have been concidering an akai force (or a 1010 blackbox but its doesnt have a whole lot you can modulate) because cliplaunching seems to be the only thing lacking in ios, and i dont see remixlive stepping up their game anytime soon and providing midilearn or LPPmk3 support.

A proper Audio clip launcher is highly anticipated for iOS.

Two hopes coming in the future:
    Drambo - after next big update
    Loopy hd pro

I also consider blackbox or force since MPC One clip launching is a bit annoying.

• What I’m interested is using an iOS device as a Sound module that get the program change from Octa or Mpc.
    Anyone using it that way?
    I need it for a continuous mix kind of set

• edited June 2021

@Tamir_Raz_Mataz said:
    What I’m interested is using an iOS device as a Sound module that get the program change from Octa or Mpc.
    Anyone using it that way?
    I need it for a continuous mix kind of set

Was usking my 1k this way for years. MPC was sequences only controlling stuff in AUM
    Echoopera has a vid around somewhere that he sequencers everything in the ipad with an mpc one.