Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Updates: RippleMaker, TroubleMaker, PhaseMaker

2»

Comments

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:

@brambos said:

@Calverhall said:
    Whats this about the device scaling in the latest update? I was day dreaming just last night about things to suggest in future updates including some kind of scalingstuff.

It adapts to the available screen space in the host now instead of the standard sizes. You can see the effect by dragging/resizing the AU frame in AUM.

Are there plans to add the adaptable scaling to Phasemaker?

Intentions: yes. Plans: not concrete yet. Phasemaker's UI is a bit more complicated than the others so this could prove to be a bit more involved. Possibly I'll only apply the new scaling system to iPad at first, so it will translate better in the various hosts and iPad Pro environments that are around.

• Trouble is always by my side,
    Phased by the choices,
    Rasberry ripple for desert.

• @Richtowns said:
    Trouble is always by my side,
    Phased by the choices,

I don't hold with this new-fangled 8-5-8 scheme. Damn whippersnappers. Harrumph!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

I don't hold with this new-fangled 8-5-8 scheme. Damn whippersnappers. Harrumph!

Interestingly, I initially wanted to design the Ripplemaker sequencer around the concept of musical Haikus (5-7-5 step patterns, etc.). The name 'Ripplemaker' is a visual reference to the Basho's original Furu ike ya ('Old Pond') Haiku.

I let go of that concept because it was a bit too out there for a general release, but I'm still toying with the idea of designing a poem-sequencer/haiku-sequencer B)

• @brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

Interestingly, I initially wanted to design the Ripplemaker sequencer around the concept of musical Haikus (5-7-5 step patterns, etc.). The name 'Ripplemaker' is a visual reference to the Basho's original Furu ike ya ('Old Pond') Haiku.

I let go of that concept because it was a bit too out there for a general release, but I'm still toying with the idea of designing a poem-sequencer/haiku-sequencer B)

And the circle completes...

• @brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

You need to release a more out there sequencer. Stuff in all the haikus and even the stuff that didn't make it into ruismaker. Pretty sure at this point people will just impulse buy it to support you :D

• Wow, never saw the whole haiku thing coming...

• Tums Tums Tums Tums...Tums!
    T-U-M-S spells relief
    Tums Tums Tums Tums...Tums!

(1st and 3rd lines to the tune of the jingle)

Top that!

• @brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

I wrote a haiku every day for a year in a project with a photographer ( he took a picture a day etc) and in the end decided I just needed some kind of randomize feature.... :) Fully in favor of Mister Bashō! Eventually coming to agree with him that Real poetry, is to lead a beautiful life. To live poetry is better than to write it.

• These are my my first tries so dont want to upset 500 years of tradition. Hows this ..

Trouble by my side
    Brambros will never falter
    To entertain me.

Getting closer to the nub.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

You need to release a more out there sequencer. Stuff in all the haikus and even the stuff that didn't make it into ruismaker. Pretty sure at this point people will just impulse buy it to support you :D

I agree! I want a BramBos Master App that can house all of the AUs, perhaps with special mojo only available in that app because he kontrolz-all-the-kodez, and all the weirdo sequencer experiments the Mister cares to muster.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Richtowns said:
    Phased by the choices,

I wrote a haiku every day for a year in a project with a photographer ( he took a picture a day etc) and in the end decided I just needed some kind of randomize feature.... :) Fully in favor of Mister Bashō! Eventually coming to agree with him that Real poetry, is to lead a beautiful life. To live poetry is better than to write it.

I have to agree with you and Mister Bashō.
    Not least because I am much better at the living thing rather than the poetry-writing thing.

I have always asserted the reason that I am good at teaching poetry studies ( my colleagues always leave it to me) is because I am so bad at writing it. I'm a bit like Jamie Tyrone, in that I know that I have the makings of a poet, but know that I am not a poet. Not being a poet, I have no allegiance to a particular school, and can approach them all equally and objectively. The mechanics, kids, the mechanics!