Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thanks Sebastian, Mike and Audiobus

Without this forum, audiobus apps, and your support of the IOS community alot of apps gear and knowledge would have slipped through the cracks. Allowing Developers to use this platform to find beta testers and get reviews, you guys have contributed more than just great apps you created a community were we all can voice our thoughts and be heard. Thanks again guys

Comments

• Yes. This is the best community and forum on the internet, hands down.

• @gmslayton said:
    Yes. This is the best community and forum on the internet, hands down.

100 percent true statement

• @Shazamm said:
    Without this forum, audiobus apps, and your support of the IOS community alot of apps gear and knowledge would have slipped through the cracks. Allowing Developers to use this platform to find beta testers and get reviews, you guys have contributed more than just great apps you created a community were we all can voice our thoughts and be heard. Thanks again guys

Did you know that this forum is not some altruistic organic website for friendship and trading neat info?

Forums are a tool of businesses. Forums are a way to cultivate your customer base.

https://www.inc.com/guides/2010/04/using-online-forums.html

I guess I am old fashioned, I thought the customer was supposed to be appreciated.

I have never thanked any other business of company for taking my money or trying to sell me new products.

I'm sorry, I am just sort of hung up on the things I know to be true for my reality.

But good thing this is such an open place to discuss things like you said! :)

• It never ever stops to amaze me at what a fantastic community we have here at this forum. And for me personally this place saved me several times for absolute disaster. The world would be a much worse place without this place.

• @RustiK said:

@Shazamm said:

Did you know that this forum is not some altruistic organic website for friendship and trading neat info?

Forums are a tool of businesses. Forums are a way to cultivate your customer base.

I guess I am old fashioned, I thought the customer was supposed to be appreciated.

I have never thanked any other business of company for taking my money or trying to sell me new products.

I'm sorry, I am just sort of hung up on the things I know to be true for my reality.

whats wrong with you bro. I support you and your videos and your sound design skillz, Why are you being so negative. I dont need your permission to thank someone for helping a community I helped build. Ifyou want to be a troll do it somewhere else man I dont want this thread closed because of you like the last post you put up. Relax

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    It never ever stops to amaze me at what a fantastic community we have here at this forum. And for me personally this place saved me several times for absolute disaster. The world would be a much worse place without this place.

I agree sir

• @Shazamm said:

@RustiK said:

@Shazamm said:

whats wrong with you bro. I support you and your videos and your sound design skillz, Why are you being so negative. I dont need your permission to thank someone for helping a community I helped build. Ifyou want to be a troll do it somewhere else man I dont want this thread closed because of you like the last post you put up. Relax

I feel the credit goes to the members.

I am more a power to the people guy. Not companies and people with companies.

I am just silly like that.

Not trying to be negative on you at all.

The forum is amazing. I guess I would have just titled it differently giving praise to the members. They are what makes it great.

I love your work very much it is super quality.

• @RustiK said:

@Shazamm said:

@RustiK said:

@Shazamm said:

I feel the credit goes to the members.

I am more a power to the people guy. Not companies and people with companies.

I am just silly like that.

Not trying to be negative on you at all.

The forum is amazing. I guess I would have just titled it differently giving praise to the members. They are what makes it great.

I love your work very much it is super quality.

I think your voice is too important to just throw words around like that man. People that subscribe to your channel may look at your words as LAW because they are supporters of yours. Im just saying man if you can go easy bro .
    Each one reach one so each one can teach one. I value your input but I have just never seen you like this today man. The whole beat faker 3 post. We all like what we like but constructive criticism is all ways better than hate. I will not disrespect you because I respect you sir

• +1 - lets not forget how good AB3 is!

• edited July 2017

Those of us here from the beginning have no doubt that in reality Audiobus created this forum. The app itself sparked the sense of positivity, potential, camaraderie, teamwork, and overall good vibes. What Audiobus did for iOS music created a wave of euphoria that lasted a long time. Michael and Sebastian absolutely deserve full credit for that.

More so, they deserve full credit for moderating this community in a way that encouraged participation while allowing for differing opinions.

The forum pays for itself as I understand but these guys do a great job investing the time and resources needed for maintaining the site, avoiding spam, handling a large amount of traffic, etc. it works great on iPad, iPhone, and PC.

I support @Shazamm 100% on this.

And sure the content, the community, and the people are the whole point of it, but the framework is built, designed, and maintained right which is no small task.

Thanks!

• they didnt have to do any of this so I love it

• As far as being grateful, it doesn’t matter to me why the owners of this site made it and keep it going. The point is that it’s a hugely valuable resource. Members get to take advantage of that resource for free, even the ungrateful ones. I hope this place is a valuable tool of business for the owners.

• agreed! this place is pretty sweet!

• edited July 2017

It's always a good and gracious thing to thank those who enable us to create the gifts we share with the world...for without their gifts to us, we would surely be lesser than we are...

Thanks for reminding all of us of this Shazamm!

• Just want to say thanks to our hosts and add an extra comment for @RustiK: I work for a company that makes stuff that we sell to people. I cannot emphasize how much this company tries to make stuff that our customers like, and how important it is to always keep the customer experience in mind when imagining and designing products. You have people -- developers, hardware makers, artist -- every single day trying to find new ways to delight YOU. The fact that they get paid for this does not make this effort ingeniune. We all have to eat. Showing up everyday to make you happy should be celebrated!

• Well, I’m a member, so I want to thank myself. And when I buy something, I feel proud. A CUSTOMER. Oh my, is there a more worthy thing to be? I mean, I only buy for the benefit of the seller, altruistically giving them money for a product or service I don’t really want or need, and which costs them nothing to make or do. My purity is beyond reproach.

• I too am thankful for the commitment Michael, Sebastian, and Gabriel have made to move iOS music creation forward. They manage the forum graciously, facilitate developers trying to have their apps function together, and as near as I can tell they're good guys. Their efforts have also stimulated Apple to do more to support musicians in my opinion.

Talented people have many choices for how they spend their time and what work they decide to focus on. I appreciate their decision to work on iOS which I've significantly benefited from far beyond whatever app purchases I've made.

• @Shazamm said:

Echo.... Thanks AudioBus.

• @RustiK Think of it like this mate. No Audiobus 1 means no Audiobus forums. No Audiobus forums means no community where us layfolks and developers come together. No community means you'd have to actually blend in with every other whinging billy no mates Gen X musician on KVR and Gearslutz. No whinging from you means I can't take the piss out of you like I'm doing right now. ;)

Anyways, how about this? How about we give thanks to the users here who take their time to help one another and make this community fantastic as well as give thanks to the thoughtful developers, @Sebastian and @Michael , who've not only taken their time to create apps like Audiobus and Soundprism, but also cultivate this forum and keep it from becoming "just another hellhole" online forum.

• edited July 2017

@gmslayton said:
    Yes. This is the best community and forum on the internet, hands down.

>

Yes, the lack of wall to wall arseholes, such as those on Twater and Facetube, is indeed a marvel.

Ironically, these days, I use the AudioBus forum much more than the app itself, but bought the latest version to help support here.