Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget update?

Any thoughts on if and when gadget will allow AU, Audiobus in and multiple midi/Audiobus out ? It's starting to feel quite limited to me...

Edited my unintentionally click bait title...

Comments

• I don't suppose it will ever have AU they would rather sell you new Gadgets.

• Never? The closed system is the idea behind gadget.

• AUv3's popped up on the desktop version of Gadget so half of the work is already done :)

• When asking questions about updates it's a good idea to use a question mark in the title... I was excited for half a second. No one can know what goes on at Korg so questioning is futile. :(

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    When asking questions about updates it's a good idea to use a question mark in the title... I was excited for half a second. No one can know what goes on at Korg so questioning is futile. :(

Yea thanks for the let down haha

• @pstone19 said:
    Any thoughts on if and when gadget will allow AU, Audiobus in and multiple midi/Audiobus out ? It's starting to feel quite limited to me...

Why not edit the title to show this is a question?

• @Samu said:
    AUv3's popped up on the desktop version of Gadget so half of the work is already done :)

Really? Have I missed an update to the desktop version?

Have the instated Milpatus yet?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Samu said:
    AUv3's popped up on the desktop version of Gadget so half of the work is already done :)

I don't own the Mac version of Gadget but the AUv3's have been there in the desktop version since the first release of Gadget for Mac.

I do feel that when we get more hosts allowing AUv3 automation on iOS Korg will deliver.

• edited July 2017

There are two ways this could be interpreted:

1. I want Korg not allow AUv3 instruments in Gadget (this is NOT gonna happen, as mentioned above, they will rather sell you more gadgets).

2. Make all gadgets available as AUv3's to use in other apps

Number 2 COULD happen, since the AU's are already included in the Mac version. This would be awesome, since you could then use whatever DAW you like (as long as it supports AU's) and since it could help boost the sales of Gadget and other KORG synths, it's not entirely unlikely.

• Korg could also go an a 'charm offensive' and add AUv3 support to Gadget with full automatisation :)

• @Peter321 said:
    There are two ways this could be interpreted:

1. I want Korg not allow AUv3 instruments in Gadget (this is NOT gonna happen, as mentioned above, they will rather sell you more gadgets).

2. Make all gadgets available as AUv3's to use in other apps

Number 2 COULD happen, since the AU's are already included in the Mac version. This would be awesome, since you could then use whatever DAW you like (as long as it supports AU's) and since it could help boost the sales of Gadget and other KORG synths, it's not entirely unlikely.

Gadget AU in BM3 would be so dope. Because it's designed as universal too the UI is well adapted.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Samu said:

Yep, Korg released it a month or two ago as well as adding instrument descriptions to the AU name (e.g. "Chicago (Acid Bass)" or "Lexington (Odyssey)"). It made a big difference.

Gadget still doesn't HOST plugins on either platform, though. What people mean is that the Gadgets are available to use as AUs in other DAWs.

• Are the Gadgefs only available as AU? No VST? I'd love to use them in Reason!

• @chimp_spanner said:
    Are the Gadgefs only available as AU? No VST? I'd love to use them in Reason!

If my eyes can still read I think this page...
    http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/specifications.php

There's something similar to...
    AU, VST, AAX, NKS* supported
    (Supported 64bit plug-ins only)

• NKS will be available in the next version.
  • edited July 2017

Bm3 running gadget

• @stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Omg thank you!

• @stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Excellent. Never assume that the supposedly easy stuff is obvious to everybody! I would have been stuck at the moment the pads showed up and would never have dreamed of hitting "keys." Thanks, @stormywaterz

• @stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Holy freaking smokes! You only have 6 subscribers on your channel and yet with your super simple instructions have single handedly shown me one of the most useful setups in bm3 so far. I salute you sir

• @triton100 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Holy freaking smokes! You only have 6 subscribers on your channel and yet with your super simple instructions have single handedly shown me one of the most useful setups in bm3 so far. I salute you sir

This is not my channel I just favorited so I had it on hand so I could use it.

Thanks for luv tho

• Mindalteringfx is the guys channel. He gets all the credit for the video

• First step for Korg wel probably be that the gadet you now buy through IAP but can also run as standalones (like ARP ODYSSE or iM1) will get AU

• stormy! You buried the lead! The guy has another video showing how to run MULTIPLE GADGETS in BM3.

My question. Now that I have, say, Lexington on a Pad...how do I play that Pad in BM3?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    stormy! You buried the lead! The guy has another video showing how to run MULTIPLE GADGETS in BM3.

My question. Now that I have, say, Lexington on a Pad...how do I play that Pad in BM3?

Oops

• @stormywaterz said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    stormy! You buried the lead! The guy has another video showing how to run MULTIPLE GADGETS in BM3.

Oops

When I get home I got to see if I can save that as a bank so it's already setup in bm3.

• And different Gadgets to different banks?
    Does it allow MIDI channel select, like Gadget?
    Only 8 banks, I suppose -> 8 Gadgets

• @tja said:
    And different Gadgets to different banks?

What does that mean? In the first instance, there are 16 pads corresponding to the pads in Recife. I get how you could play and record midi in that use case.

The second, in which a gadget is assigned to a single pad: Recife on Pad 1; Lexington on Pad 2; Tokyo on Pad 3 (for instance). But then what? If I hit the pad for Lexington, what plays in Gadget?

• @tja said:
    And different Gadgets to different banks?

You should be able to specify midi channels per pad and midi generally supports 16 channels . Might be wrong...

• @stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Great tutorial, thanks a lot for the info. I'm trying to get the chord function to work with Gadget. Only getting single notes after I choose the chords option inside BM3. Still no go if I choose chords inside the gadget instrument. Any ideas on how to get polyphonic sounds.

• @RJB said:

@stormywaterz said:

Bm3 running gadget

Great tutorial, thanks a lot for the info. I'm trying to get the chord function to work with Gadget. Only getting single notes after I choose the chords option inside BM3. Still no go if I choose chords inside the gadget instrument. Any ideas on how to get polyphonic sounds.

I'm not sure this is germane, but within Gadget only Marseille has the option to write midi chords (although if you use it to write chords, you can substitute another gadget and the midi chords will remain).