Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy: Still Suspicious Mysterious and ALIVE.........

So, not only is Alchemy recognizing my Novation AudioHub, but today it sent a crash log to Apple?

ALSO, I had laptop out with Ableton open.

FOR FIRST TIME ALCHEMY GAVE ME WIFI OPTION and I started triggering Ableton Alchemy VST and HAD THE NAMES Of the PC alchemy VST on my app?

I have no idea what is going on. But, I do know, for an app that hasn't updated in years, it has had recent "improvements" of some kind from some where.

I BELIEVE

DO YOU?

AND HERE IS WHAT I MADE WITH ALCHEMY and ORIGINAL iMPC along with GEO SHRED with a free hour I had this morning.

Indie Electronic Experimental Bio Sludge

Comments

• Thanx for sharing.

• edited July 2017

Something's wonky with SC right now, can't stream. Did Jay-Z and dp finally kill SC?

I had to reinstall a bunch of apps on my old iPad (that still has Alchemy on it), due to some iCloud fuqup a couple of weeks ago. Alchemy were one of the apps that were gone, but turns out it's still available in the purchased apps section as well as the cloud, so I downloaded it via iTunes to the puter as well while I was at it. The IAPs were in place as well btw after it had installed, but so were my sound packs from the desktop version, so I'm guessing they never got erased from the iPad.

• Alchemy is just so damn inspiring.

I would pay $100 for it with all IAP and updates !

Here is latest quick piece done inspired with Alchemy

• edited July 2017

I agree, i also found some of my old iPhone stuff, mainly made with Alchemy and there never came a better synth since then for creating whole tracks.
    I imported all the desktop patches into the iOS app (about 90% from them running fine on it beside the ones with resynthesis). Still some of my all time favorite patches i find in Alchemy like Martin Walkers Steamworx or some of the other ones. They still running all fine on my iPhone.
    One day Apple might put the full Alchemy (version 2) into iOS finally. Sadly since Apple bought them the magic is lost a bit and there are no more patch banks of this kind. Of course it helps that Apple gift nearly all of the older ones plus new with Alchemy 2 (i think about 3000 patches or so and 20GB sample content).
    The one in GarageBand iOS should be the same engine. So why can´t we import patches into it....doh´.

• @Cib said:
    I agree, i also found some of my old iPhone stuff, mainly made with Alchemy and there never came a better synth since then for creating whole tracks.
    I imported all the desktop patches into the iOS app (about 90% from them running fine on it beside the ones with resynthesis). Still some of my all time favorite patches i find in Alchemy like Martin Walkers Steamworx or some of the other ones. They still running all fine on my iPhone.
    One day Apple might put the full Alchemy (version 2) into iOS finally. Sadly since Apple bought them the magic is lost a bit and there are no more patch banks of this kind. Of course it helps that Apple gift nearly all of the older ones plus new with Alchemy 2 (i think about 3000 patches or so and 20GB sample content).
    The one in GarageBand iOS should be the same engine. So why can´t we import patches into it....doh´.

I've sat on Alchemy on the iPad and Alchemy on my laptop all this time without sharing the presets over onto the iDevice. How much of a hassle is it? Is it via in-app/in-device or are you using iTunes or iFunbox?

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

I've sat on Alchemy on the iPad and Alchemy on my laptop all this time without sharing the presets over onto the iDevice. How much of a hassle is it? Is it via in-app/in-device or are you using iTunes or iFunbox?

I used i-tunes i think. It was not too hard but i can´t remember exactly how i did this lol.
    I think you could import desktop patch banks via i-tunes into the Alchemy folder and then opened them just inside the app. This was indeed the start i wanted to dive more into the desktop tool and then i was lost.....end of story.

• @Cib said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

I used i-tunes i think. It was not too hard but i can´t remember exactly how i did this lol.
    I think you could import desktop patch banks via i-tunes into the Alchemy folder and then opened them just inside the app. This was indeed the start i wanted to dive more into the desktop tool and then i was lost.....end of story.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot-

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

Can I be totally honest?

I PUT ALL FILES FROM desktop(multisamples from VST and original Camel site in a Dropbox AND iCloud folder.

ONE DAY, I opened ALchemy and they were there! LOL

I swear.

I know I always had cloud backup enabled so when it went to autorestore it found them somehow! LOL

I may have the files/folder if you want me to look Greg.

• Hmm, are you suggesting that Alchemy on iOS may load backups of Alchemy soundsets, or is that the desktop version you're referring to...?

I would totally sign a petition to Apple to release Alchemy 2 or re-release the original as a standalone app.

• @RustiK said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

Can I be totally honest?

I PUT ALL FILES FROM desktop(multisamples from VST and original Camel site in a Dropbox AND iCloud folder.

I swear.

I know I always had cloud backup enabled so when it went to autorestore it found them somehow! LOL

Let me f<^# around a bit, first...but I may shortly take you up on it

• @Littlewoodg said:

@RustiK said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Cib said:

Can I be totally honest?

I swear.

Let me f<^# around a bit, first...but I may shortly take you up on it

Let me scavenge around...............

• edited July 2017

@oddSTAR said:
    Hmm, are you suggesting that Alchemy on iOS may load backups of Alchemy soundsets, or is that the desktop version you're referring to...?

I would totally sign a petition to Apple to release Alchemy 2 or re-release the original as a standalone app.

The standalone Alchemy will indeed load desktop sound sets. Some presets do not work, as noted above, but most do. If you have the .camelsound files, you can add them using iTunes sharing and then go to 'import' in Alchemy. Something like that. Unfortunately I am running iOS 11 beta, so I had to say goodbye to my dear, beloved Alchemy...

• @excesseye said:

@oddSTAR said:
    Hmm, are you suggesting that Alchemy on iOS may load backups of Alchemy soundsets, or is that the desktop version you're referring to...?

The standalone Alchemy will indeed load desktop sound sets. Some presets do not work, as noted above, but most do. If you have the .camelsound files, you can add them using iTunes sharing and then go to 'import' in Alchemy. Something like that. Unfortunately I am running iOS 11 beta, so I had to say goodbye to my dear, beloved Alchemy...

I would lose a finge...........toe first.

• @RustiK said:

@excesseye said:

@oddSTAR said:

I would lose a finge...........toe first.

I'm wondering about going the other way- iDevice to laptop