Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IAP feature: A MIDI Pattern/Scene type Sequencer

edited July 2017 in Feature Wishlists

To me it would make so much sense - for live jam use - to be able to create and trigger MIDI patterns and scenes - in order to send MIDI to a hosted instrument INSIDE AUDIOBUS itself, rather than have to flip to a separate sequencer app.

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion @nonchai!

• I would prefer AB stay focused on being the infrastructure. Though I appreciate the sentiment behind the request.

That said, MIDI windowing within AB itself would be really really welcome and could work toward a feeling of integration. Feels a little heavy handed to switch app windows for most of the very simple Midiflow filters, for example. Would love to see those just pop up like AU windows.

I also wonder sometimes how cool it would be to be able to tap something next to a loaded app's icon to bring up that app's Audiobus Remote UI. Presuming the triggers were available, that could also be used to capture and trigger sequences in a background app without ever leaving 'home'.

• edited July 2017

I hear you - but adding just some minimal-level feature like this - as an IAP - would add an extra source of revenue-stream for a technology that no doubt sucks up a lot of time from its hard working developers.

Plus I just think with the recent addition of the MIDI page ( for which I wish more devs of existing iOS music apps would adapt their apps for ... its very few at the moment ) there are so many times i want just to have a simple riff going - say a MIDI bass part - for which bringing in an entire MID sequencing/pattern-player type app into the AB3 session - other than the bass-instrument itself - along with all the ensuing complications and hassles - becomes a buzz-kill.

[ That said, MIDI windowing within AB itself would be really really welcome and could work toward a feeling of integration. ]
    agreed

• I hear you, @nonchai and am tantalized by the idea. BUT... can you imagine the conversation about what constitutes a good sequencer? There are religious wars about piano rolls after all...

• A simple midi recorder with 'send to' I would pay for too..

• Just had a play with AB3, Animoog, Elastic Drums, LoopyHD and AB Remote. I haven't actually used AB Remote in a while. What a delight. Now I can't get the idea out of my head of hitting an AB Remote button next to an app loaded in AB3 (say, across from the app's eject button) to bring up a little modal window with the app's AB Remote buttons.