Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Griffin studio connect midi in issue

Anyone have one of these? They're dirt cheap at the moment, so I picked one up and used my 30pin to lightning adaptor. Had to send the first one back as the headphone output crackled, plus I couldn't get midi in to work. Replacement just arrived and I still can't get midi in! All my apps recognise the Griffin as a midi input source, but the midi from my controller isn't getting into the griffin. I've checked it with my iRig midi and the controller and cable is fine. I've plugged everything in in every order I can think of. Nowt. Any fellow users out there able to help?

Comments

• I have one, unfortunately I have never tried the midi on it. It is hit or miss for me with playing my guitar through it. I first used the dedicated headphone 3.5 on the front of the unit, but..........I didn't like the sound coming from there.

After another user/AB forum member said they use the back Stereo outputs, I had better luck with it, but........then I didn't, God awful noise, let it sit for a month, plugged into it again, and it work really well, tried it again a few weeks later, God awful noise......Coming up on 2 months since I have used it, might need to plug into it again to see if it's a good time or bad time for the lil' ol' griffin.

• hmm. Generally no good news about these. Shame as being able to charge the ipad at the same time as getting your midi and audio would be great. The lack of interfaces offering midi, audio and charging is a bit dispiriting. Guess I'll send this one back too and go back to the drawing board.

• I've never had any problems with the alesis io dock.