Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Progressive House made with KORG Gadget │ haQ attaQ TraQ

Here's a track preview of an upcoming KORG Gadget production tricks series! I've been asked to cover several genres with my Gadget production tricks videos, and so I thought I'd start with progressive house. stay tuned!

haQattaQ

Comments

• Nice.

Would like to see more ;-)

• edited July 2017

@tja said:
    Nice.

Would like to see more ;-)

You're in luck then!

I'm working on this series. As soon as I'm done with the 8bit Dubstep one, this one is launching.

• Nice traQ, jaQ!

• Nice, Jakob! Looking forward to the series.

• tjatja
    edited July 2017

@touchconspiracy2017 said:
    Oh dear

Not sure how you decided your track is progressive house but it sounds nothing like what proper progressive house is.

More like pop edm

Please google "sasha last night on earth " for amazing examples of what progressive house is. It's an amazing deep chilled yet hypnotic kind of house:)

I do hear Progressive House at Jakob ;-)

But less so in

• You seem to be caught in some things ;-)

I don't care about persons, whatever they do and whoever they may be.

Show me instead your definition of PH in words.

• Even if you're right you come off as a dick

• I read Stylistic Elements from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_house
    Would you say the description is right?

• @jc-maluca said:
    Even if you're right you come off as a dick

Quote of the week! :D

• @touchconspiracy2017 said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

@jc-maluca said:
    Even if you're right you come off as a dick

Quote of the week! :D

If so then your reading matter must be boring as hell lol

Wasting your time here, most people won't bite. ;)

• edited July 2017

Progressive house is mellow, kind of trancy and builds gradually ( hence progressive), it never goes full on.. that's edm

To me, the term “progressive” has nothing to do with the arrangement or “progress” or the build up of the tune. “Progressive rock” is used to suggest a greater level of sophistication, informed by, or fused with, elements from classical or jazz, etc. — extended harmony, greater dynamic expression, exotic modes or scales, syncopation or unusual time signatures, and yes, even longer more complex structure -- some might say pompus -- suites. You can apply the same adjective to other forms: Progressive House, Progressive Pop, etc. Similarly, sometimes people use the term “IDM” to imply a more intelligent form of EDM.

I personally stopped following pop music after the early 90s, and hear almost nothing in recent decades that is important enough that it matters what you call it. Dance, electronic, groove, whatever you call it music, has so many subgenres and fluid labels, it hardly matters ... You can basically just make up your own Pickwickian nano-genre for every piece. Sorry, bro, I'm into Progressive Acid Euro Ambient Trance Techno Dub Downtempo Chillout Dark Cosmic Freestyle Electro Swingstep Basscore Aggro-Industrial Futurepop.

• edited July 2017

Okay, so my two cents. I don't care for Touch Conspiracy's "pretentious snob" attitude, but I do agree with him 100% on the fact Jakob's track is not Progressive House. I enjoy the hell out of it, but it's not Progressive House.

Progressive House is all about the GROOVE , not happy melodic structures. ;) A lot of house musicians spend days trying to lock down their 4-8 bar groove before laying it out in some sort of arrangement that's pleasing, lacking in sudden variations, hypnotic, deep, and satisfying. This is why Sasha is a king in his genre. I can't remember him making a bad Prog House track.

If I were to catalogue Jakob's track, I'd say it's a hybrid of "Dream Trance" and "Instrumental J-Pop" with a Dubsteppy bass timbre tossed in for good measure. Maybe "Dream EDM"? :D Either way, I enjoy Jakob's track. :)

• edited July 2017

@Lady_App_titude said:

.....Sorry, bro, I'm into Progressive Acid Euro Ambient Trance Techno Dub Downtempo Chillout Dark Cosmic Freestyle Electro Swingstep Basscore Aggro-Industrial Futurepop.

YAY! That's my most favourite genre! :smiley:

• Sounds like music to me.

• edited July 2017

I saw Jakob call his thing progressive and I was excited because he usually tries to make dubstep or dnb

I thought finally he was trying to make more mature music but saw that it wasn't what it said on the tin

Your argument fell apart when you said that. You're saying PH is more mature than dubstep or DnB :D

How would you describe a baroque composition when compared to a more modern classical composition? Is it musically more mature? Was Puccini more or less mature musically than J S Bach? How would you describe Sasha's musical talent when compared to Mozart? Is he less "mature".

Taste in music is exactly that. It's subjective. You cannot say one genre is musically more mature than another. All genres require talent, and there are good and bad examples in every genre.

• edited July 2017

@touchconspiracy2017

"Makes being called a pretentious snob worthwhile lol"

:D LOL! Best f-ckin laugh I've had all week. I always try the more pragmatic approach to explaining things such as genre aesthetics and the like.

Anyways mate, Last Night on Earth is a decent enough series, but if you want people to understand Progressive House, you link them to GU 13. Let me do the footwork for you here. ;)

And I apologise in advance for any nostalgia you might feel. ;) Cheers.

• Nice video Mr. Haq.

Microgenres are bullshit. My dad refers to any electronic music as techno and always makes this cheesy dad joke about techno being invented when a record player started skipping and no one fixed it.

• @pink_sky said:
    Nice video Mr. Haq.

Microgenres are bullshit. My dad refers to any electronic music as techno and always makes this cheesy dad joke about techno being invented when a record player started skipping and no one fixed it.

:D Referring to all dance as "techno" is such a 90s thing. These days, the umbrella term is EDM, even if it's Sasha instead of Guetta. It's all dance music that's produced electronically. In some ways, genre labelling can be seen as handy, but then again it's also very constricting as to what you want to put into a track.

• edited July 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said

These days, the umbrella term is EDM, even if it's Sasha instead of Guetta. It's all dance music that's produced electronically. In some ways, genre labelling can be seen as handy, but then again it's also very constricting as to what you want to put into a track.

This is why I find labelling so problematic. When I make music I just make the music. It's not like I start out thinking, Im going to make this genre or that genre. The labelling issue isn't even an issue until I'm about to publish it in one way or another. Especially with tutorials, since I want others to find exactly what they're looking for. Some times I get it wrong and when I do I try to change it.

I've had problems with the KORG Gadget Post Dubstep series. It's basically a tutorial series on how to make UK Garage type music. I titled it "Post Dubstep" which is an umbrella term stuff like UK Garage, UK bass etc. But Its easy to think it's "Dubstep" instead because it's in the title.

After reading all comments here and asking friends of mine that are DJ's I get so many different genres thrown at me. I'm still not sure what to call the new series.

With all the suggestions Ive got so far, the title will look like a collection of buzzwords.

"KORG Gadget Production: Euro J-Pop EDM Dreamy Trance Dance" :sweat_smile:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@pink_sky said:
    Nice video Mr. Haq.

:D Referring to all dance as "techno" is such a 90s thing. These days, the umbrella term is EDM, even if it's Sasha instead of Guetta. It's all dance music that's produced electronically. In some ways, genre labelling can be seen as handy, but then again it's also very constricting as to what you want to put into a track.

My dad is about as 90's as it gets, so that makes sense. I was being a bit of a pill, I know genre labelling has it's place in the overall study and critique of music. But in most cases the only purpose it serves is giving people a reason to condescendingly argue with one another.

• Good idea, Jakob ;-)

@pink_sky said:

Your dad is not soooo wrong ;-)

There are lots of descriptions for microgenres that use things like "4/4 and the beat on every second" as definition or something like this!
    Of course that is bullshit.
    You cannot always exactly define such things.

Already broader genres may overlap - and the sheer amount is overhelming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres

But some such "electronic music" is sure not "dance music" and therefor, "EDM" is not the right term - just "Electronic Music" may be better ;-)

• @tja said:
    Good idea, Jakob ;-)

@pink_sky said:

Your dad is not soooo wrong ;-)

There are lots of descriptions for microgenres that use things like "4/4 and the beat on every second" as definition or something like this!
    Of course that is bullshit.
    You cannot always exactly define such things.

Already broader genres may overlap - and the sheer amount is overhelming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres

But some such "electronic music" is sure not "dance music" and therefor, "EDM" is not the right term - just "Electronic Music" may be better ;-)

Even the electronic part is a little redundant at this point :)

• @jakoB_haQ said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said

These days, the umbrella term is EDM, even if it's Sasha instead of Guetta. It's all dance music that's produced electronically. In some ways, genre labelling can be seen as handy, but then again it's also very constricting as to what you want to put into a track.

This is why I find labelling so problematic. When I make music I just make the music. It's not like I start out thinking, Im going to make this genre or that genre. The labelling issue isn't even an issue until I'm about to publish it in one way or another. Especially with tutorials, since I want others to find exactly what they're looking for. Some times I get it wrong and when I do I try to change it.

I've had problems with the KORG Gadget Post Dubstep series. It's basically a tutorial series on how to make UK Garage type music. I titled it "Post Dubstep" which is an umbrella term stuff like UK Garage, UK bass etc. But Its easy to think it's "Dubstep" instead because it's in the title.

After reading all comments here and asking friends of mine that are DJ's I get so many different genres thrown at me. I'm still not sure what to call the new series.

With all the suggestions Ive got so far, the title will look like a collection of buzzwords.

"KORG Gadget Production: Euro J-Pop EDM Dreamy Trance Dance" :sweat_smile:

LOL! That sounds like a fair enough plan. :)

@pink_sky said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@pink_sky said:
    Nice video Mr. Haq.

My dad is about as 90's as it gets, so that makes sense. I was being a bit of a pill, I know genre labelling has it's place in the overall study and critique of music. But in most cases the only purpose it serves is giving people a reason to condescendingly argue with one another.

LOL, right?! Ain't that the damn truth. Well, let's just call it all as "techno" and/or "edm" and be done with it already. :D

• edited July 2017

• For me, if something uses any iPad apps at all, I'll just call it "apptronica," and be done with it. That's usually enough of a catch-all to get me out of most situations. :)

• edited July 2017

• House is house :)

But it has different shades and people have different tastes too as nowadays dance music has evolved and is very broad

People also tend to get a bit tribal too and attend events where only one genre or subgenre is played

Back in the day, we used to mix all kinds of house and tech in one set, then drop the jungle in at a faster bpm

I feel that it's important to classify what type of house is being presented cause tastes vary greatly

If I just heard house being mentioned and turned up and it was electro house I'd be annoyed cause I cannot stand it

I like to know what's inside the tin, so it should be inscribed on it so I don't get a nasty surprise when I open it and find it's a can of worms lol

I totally understand how sub genre naming can be annoying but I also get why people need exact definition too