Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Animoog @ 11eur, worth it when I have iMini?

razraz
edited September 2013 in General App Discussion

Just noticed Animoog for iPad had a big drop in price. Not sure if I should get it when I already have iMini though. Ayone have both and can give me an advice?

Comments

• Animoog does not really compare to iMini or to any other synth app - it is unique. Not that the others are bad it's just that with Animoog then Moog have created a whole new concept of synthesis and it sounds amazing.

• Get it, you won't regret it.

• woot! This is my chance! I have it on my phone and it sounds amazing. I'm sure it's much more usable on the iPad.

• I agree with @Trueyorky. The character and sound of each synth is completely different and totally complementary.

• Animoog should work fine (by itself) on a mini.

• edited September 2013

Does any other iOS synth have the Animoog style "per note vertical expression"? I honestly don't have the budget to try them all, but I did get Animoog and the expressiveness is magic. Get it.

• Yes, quite a few have his feature... Nave, Wavemapper, Grain Science, Thor - possibly more.

• Might have to pull the trigger... Every time I see this on discount I come close. Might be time. I've heard so many good uses of it, it's very unique.. HrmmMMmm

• edited September 2013

The iPhone version is on sale also. $4.99 US

• @Hmtx I believe WaveGenerator and WaveMapper also have this ability...

• @Trueyorky Whoops, I didn't notice you had Wavemapper already mentioned.... :-(

• Wannabes, all of 'em. ;-)

No, I really can't say anything in comparison, but I know I love how Animoog plays and sounds.

• edited September 2013

I got the iPhone version now. I already got the iPad one for the full price. The iPhone one still doesn't support AB and hasn't been updated for the 4" display. But other than that it's great. I do hope they'll get it updated soon, though.

• Animoog at 12 bucks is a bargain. It is unique, and it just sounds amazing. Awesome phat bass sounds, cutting leads, nice plucks, great pads and soundscapes etc all with a unique "Animoog sound".

I managed to buy the Moogs apps (Filtatron, Animoog, Animoog for iPhone) at $0.99 each. Feels like I robbed someone lol. But I doubt we'll see a 99c sale on Animoog again anytime soon.

• Trigger pulled... I looked at the app price history and it's only gone below this price like twice; once when it was first released at $0.99, and another time at $9.99. Every other price drop (which are somewhat frequent) is only $19.99 or $14.99 occasionally. So $12.99 is the best price we're likely to see anytime soon.

• edited September 2013

@jesse_ohio I think you'll like it! I also bought the patch/timbre IAPs (back when they first came out) which greatly expand what it can do soundwise, and I really like the added capability.

• edited September 2013

Totally different Beast! Definitely one of my top synths!

• I really liked the acoustic IAP pack. First impressions of Animoog for most is probably that it sounds a bit harsh or metallic, but with some more timbres in there it'll quite drastically change and add capabilities for other...well timbres. :)

I dunno if they closed this hole, but it is/was possible to add your own timbres too via iFunbox or any of the other iOS file explorers.

• edited September 2013

I love the glide and pitch correction features of the keyboard. They're magic.

• Booooo.....

Need iphone 5 update with Audiobus :(

• @syrupcore Agreed! One of the strongest and most engaging aspects of the app!

• how does it deal with Midi - clock & sync specifically? I think I remember a comment on some forum (here?) where they were complaining about the midi on Animoog... and can somebody explain this glide and pitch correction on the keyboard? Is this something unique to Animoog?

• I read somewhere that it doesn't send all of it out through Midi. In other words, if you want it recorded, you have to play it live into an audiotrack...I don't know if this is accurate or not, but I've read that somewhere...

• Midi out with animoog is a $5 IAP I believe. And I'm not sure if it sends the 'in between the notes' data that comes from the keyboard's pitch/glide controls.

• Imini is sturdy, nice, predictable. Animoog is outrageous, crazy, unexpected. Plus discchord has some wicked tutorials.

• Got it, looks like an interesting app and a complement to iMini.

• Why did I not pick this up sooner? Animoog is amazing! I too was wondering how useful it would be considering I already had iMini. Completely different animal. It's like comparing apples to skydiving chimpanzees.

At the sale price it really is a bargain. I've spent the last couple of hours just toying with the possibilities of Animoog. I also grabbed the Devine expansion pack and love it. I don't mind that metallic quality it seems to have because that's my bag.

If anyone is still wondering if it's worth the sale price - it is!

• I don't think anything comes close to what I can get out of Animoog. I picked it up on launch day for .99. (But that's the ONLY app I think I've caught a steal on). I don't really think it's fair to iMini to compare it to Animoog. Animoog of course fits into a synth category, but to me its a completely unique instrument. The touch interface was really my first experience with how music creation can become something totally different than what I have been traditionally used to. There have been others since (Samplr, etc) but, right after thumbjam, Animoog "showed me the light".

• iMini is remake of a classic synth and it does a heck of a job at it. Animoog is, well, Animoog; it is definitely not in the same synth "sub-group" as iMini (or anything else for that matter)

• edited September 2013

Not to mention that iMini is a VA synth and Animoog is a WaveTable synth. Completely different synthesis types--Animoog is more closely related to Nave, WaveGenerator, and WaveMapper than to iMini, which is more like Sunrizer and Magellan as far as synthesis goes.