Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

More from Audio Damage...

The Phosphor 2 download includes 32/64-bit VST and VST3, and 64-bit AAX for Windows 8 or greater, and as a 32/64-bit AU/VST/VST3/AAX for OSX (10.8 or greater).

Coming soon for iOS standalone and AUv3.

Phosphor is a unique instrument plugin modeled on the alphaSyntauri, a vintage digital additive synth from the early 80s. The original alphaSyntauri required an Apple //e to operate, but we've gone ahead and eliminated the middle-man, and now you can have this classic digital synth in your DAW of choice.

Comments

• Check this from 3:10

• @Trueyorky said:
    Check this from 3:10

That question, the one about 'how many synths etc', did we get a final answer on that?

• I have this one as a vst, it's got personality plus...no such thing as too many (additive) synths...
    Ok, no such thing as too many (good) synths...

• I see they're using a 'Pseudo Digital Wobbler' and we can't have enough of those,

• Maybe Axon is next

• How does it compare to Addictive Synth Pro?

• @Trueyorky said:
    Check this from 3:10

Here's an inline viewable link:

And a direct link to
    3:10
    (Don't think direct time links can be done inline on this forum)

• I like the interface and this looks like a very intuitive app to use for sound design. Just not sure I need an alternative to Addictive Pro.

• my request to Chris to add Automaton to the IOS AUv3 list,
    (Automaton is a unique look at buffer effects, allowing you to experiment with artificial life.
    With four separate effects (Stutter, Modulate, Bitcrush, and Replicate) driven by a cellular automata sequencer, )

• By far my favorite company in a while.

So fresh and the apps are so quality along with their VST counterparts.

I would love to demo/test items for them actually.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I have this one as a vst, it's got personality plus...no such thing as too many (additive) synths...

Ha, ha!
    Change of heart about number of apps, so soon (ref. disc. About upcoming synths).
    I understand, there seems to be so many juicy ones showing up these weeks.

• We'll definitely be doing Automaton; no question of that.

Regarding Phosphor and why you'd want it in addition to another additive, it's worth noting that the topology of Phosphor is somewhat different than modern synths; it is a clone of an alphaSyntauri, and has a rather strange way of making sound.

OSC1 -> VCA -> Output
    OSC2 -> VCA -> Output

And each oscillator has a dedicated amp envelope. Most modern additives just have an additive oscillator in place of a normal wavetable or whatever oscillator, and are otherwise pretty standard. Phosphor is a true additive, with no subtractive elements at all. As a result, it has an unique sound, especially when it comes to pads. (Stuff with fast attacks, well, I'll be honest, it sounds like any other FM or additive synth. Plonk. Plonk. Plonk. But when it comes to pads and sound FX, it is definitely in a class by itself.)

I have the standalone of Phosphor for iOS done. I'm currently just trying to figure out how to wedge all those controls in to the AUv3. I think I've settled on a three-page method, with OSC, LFO, and output pages.

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far. This is gonna take me a day or two to sort out, but it works fine as an AU. A little heavy on the CPU (as is to be expected for a desktop synth ported to iOS) but nothing terrible. About 25% on my iPad Pro 10.5 with 8 voices running. I'll update info as I have it. Unfortunately for you phone types, this one will be iPad only. There's just no way to get all those controls in the iPhone screens at a usable size.

• @Chris Randall said:
    We'll definitely be doing Automaton; no question of that.

Regarding Phosphor and why you'd want it in addition to another additive, it's worth noting that the topology of Phosphor is somewhat different than modern synths; it is a clone of an alphaSyntauri, and has a rather strange way of making sound.

OSC1 -> VCA -> Output
    OSC2 -> VCA -> Output

And each oscillator has a dedicated amp envelope. Most modern additives just have an additive oscillator in place of a normal wavetable or whatever oscillator, and are otherwise pretty standard. Phosphor is a true additive, with no subtractive elements at all. As a result, it has an unique sound, especially when it comes to pads. (Stuff with fast attacks, well, I'll be honest, it sounds like any other FM or additive synth. Plonk. Plonk. Plonk. But when it comes to pads and sound FX, it is definitely in a class by itself.)

I have the standalone of Phosphor for iOS done. I'm currently just trying to figure out how to wedge all those controls in to the AUv3. I think I've settled on a three-page method, with OSC, LFO, and output pages.

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far. This is gonna take me a day or two to sort out, but it works fine as an AU. A little heavy on the CPU (as is to be expected for a desktop synth ported to iOS) but nothing terrible. About 25% on my iPad Pro 10.5 with 8 voices running. I'll update info as I have it. Unfortunately for you phone types, this one will be iPad only. There's just no way to get all those controls in the iPhone screens at a usable size.

Looks awesome! Fast attack syhths are always welcome :smile:

• @Chris Randall said:
    We'll definitely be doing Automaton; no question of that.

OSC1 -> VCA -> Output
    OSC2 -> VCA -> Output

You sir are the man! Throws money at the screen.

• Congrats on rocketing up to the top of my list of developers. Love the stream of releases.

• edited July 2017

Can't wait for this one. Looks AND sounds friggin fantastic. Cheers. :)

OT: @Chris Randall Any word on the Fuzz Plus 3 plug? Thanks.

• This is super exiting. They're my favorite company lately also. All their stuff has been great quality so I'm very excited about this:)

• @Chris Randall

Oh my that looks so good :)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Maybe Axon is next

@Chris Randall , Axon would be a great tool in my iOS box. The Neuron sequencer would be fantastic on its own...

• edited July 2017

Since nobody seems like to read, let bring more interest on THAT link... :grimace:

• @cian said:
    I like the interface and this looks like a very intuitive app to use for sound design. Just not sure I need an alternative to Addictive Pro.

There's s good response above by the maker himself...he mentions the slow attack stuff, and pads and atmospheres are definitely where you can hear the special qualities of the architecture- pads that ring, shine, sizzle (rather than mush, or fog you in).

I like the "plonks" it makes too, actually: percussive stuff here has its own feel too.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Congrats on rocketing up to the top of my list of developers. Love the stream of releases.

+100

• @Trueyorky
    Any idea when this will happen?

• edited July 2017

In the comments @Chris Randall said 3 days (but it isn't a today pic and also orher plugs has been delayed so be patient)

• @Chris Randall I'm excited about All of these releases and Automaton is just thrilling news.

• Gonna need a bigger gift card ... the next few weeks are going to be expensive (ish, this is iOS after all).

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Gonna need a bigger gift card ... the next few weeks are going to be expensive (ish, this is iOS after all).

I know right? I was doing so good for about 7-8 months.

• @idexis said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    I have this one as a vst, it's got personality plus...no such thing as too many (additive) synths...

Ha, ha!
    Change of heart about number of apps, so soon (ref. disc. About upcoming synths).
    I understand, there seems to be so many juicy ones showing up these weeks.

Yep. I'm like this in bookstores too.