Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Arturia Minilab mkII changing MIDI channels not working

So I picked up this controller today on a whim... It seemed very knobby, so I grabbed it. 80 bucks no biggie... I got it home fired it up with the iPad, I got it to MIDI learn with some of the functions I wanted with Sunrizer, Gadget and Turnado but I was unable to switch midi channels by holding the shift button and pressing the corresponding key for that channel. Is this something that does not work out of the box with iOS being that it's sold with using PC Mac software in mind? I figured it would work like my Launchpad Pro holding the setup button. Am I missing something? Anybody else using this and can help?

Comments

• I figured it out. Make sure you are not on preset 1. Preset 1 is designated for the analog software and you apparently cannot change the midi channel. Select any of the other presets using shift and the pads. Once you have another preset selected holding shift and selecting the appropriate midi channel using the keyboard should work.

• Any stuck notes on sunrizer?

• @supadom I havent had any stuck notes in Sunrizer and I am loving my MINILab mkII.

• Thanks for the input @gmslayton ... I ended up just taking it back today, I really wasn't feeling the modulation strips... ended up with a Alexis IO dock 2 that I'm gonna have to take back now too because I realized I could not use a USB hub or USB controllers with it! Apparently you have to mod it for this...not willing to do it for fear of error during live performance. The alternative Focusrite itrack dock will let you use one USB controller, but it won't use USB hubs, so you are limited to one... and the Retronyms WEJ dock does not work with a Launchpad Pro (for now) which is the main controller that I wanted to use! It seems I cannot win when it comes to finding a dock that works for me dammit! I guess I'm going to just keep dreaming that Apple teams up with some company to create a full-featured charging dock/mixer/interface made for us crazy iPad musicians that gives us everything we want and need! :wink: I know there are some sorta options out there... KM K-mix seems the dream for now, but it doesn't charge iPad does it? Don't think so...

• The modulation take a little to get used to but it being a ribbon adds a different kind of expression. I also like the action compared to most other small midi controllers.

I have an iConnectAudio4+. Not sure what your needs are but it has 4 physical ins 6 physical outs. Midi din. Allows you to use USB hubs and charges the iPad. Plus you can hook up another iPad, computer or iPhone. It's not a dock but it works amazing for me. A bit of a learning curve if you want to do crazy stuff but works well just out of the box.

• edited July 2017

@gmslayton Yeah man...ive been eying their interfaces for a minute, especially the audio4...but I didn't realize it charged the ipad for some reason...thats awesome! It doesn't have to be a dock, in fact I'd like to keep my case on anyways...and also none of the docks except WEJ will do Pro 12...
    I guess there was a reason why the io dock 2 was on sale for $90... :smiley: I'm a sucker for cheap gear.....