Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video Demo and Tutorial..ChordPolyPad Midi Controller...from thesoundtestroom

Anyone who like Midi Controllers is gonna love this..I found this to be the easiest to use and program midi controller around for iOS at the moment..no AB yet but because mainly its for controling other apps and synths its very easy to use with AB..I think it should be on the bus though becuase it has some great internal sounds...

Comments

• Nice app and demo @thesoundtestroom. I didn't realize you could assign chords by drawing them out on the keyboard...just used the chord library up to this point. A point that I didn't see you cover is that you can assign a blank pad for global midi controllers. Although you can assign them locally, per pad, the global assign is usefull too.

• I've been hovering the buy button this. And, as usual, I end up buying an app after watching one of Doug's videos (Giddamnit!). I haven't tried it on the iPhone yet, but I have a feeling this app will really be helpful on that tiny 3,5-4" screen (I'm still just scratchin the surface on this app but this one will definitely make things easier and faster on the iPad too).

• Its a great app..loads of control..I'm sure I missed out lots of stuff..but I did find it realy easy to use..I mean I get to play with the apps for a few hours before I make a video, and this was so easy to understand.

• Quick question: does it offer performance recording and storing that sequence as a song maybe ? Do we have to play it only "live" or can we record the entire sequence of steps and then recall it later and just let it loop ??

• Nice video Doug. I love this app. There's so much to do with it.

• @thepinkelephant no I dont think you can record a performance for later recall, it's mainly for live, you would have to play it into a DAW..you can store all othe information though, chord sequences and midi control data...remember that if you store your midi control data you would have reload the apps or synths first..

• When is this getting Audiobus? It needs to happen yesterday! I for one actually bought BEFORE Doug's video and it really is amazing with what it can do. Try it with the Trumpets on Thumbjam!

• The Dev says it was easier to implement AB after review by Apple, so it should be soon.

• Wow!!!! Awesome!

• This looks BRILLIANT. Seriously, the potential is astounding. This single app could be the key to unified live playing with any MIDI-capable iOS app. Thanks for the excellent walkthrough Doug!

• Why isn't this superb app on da list ?

• This does look pretty fantastic. Great video too! Thanks a lot!

• Wow , just Installed it ; great app !!!

• Does anyone know if you can use a Korg padKontrol pad to trigger a CPP pad that plays a chord? Whenever I tap a padKontrol pad, it overwrites the CPP pad/notes association.