Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer Line2USB Cable & CCK

Can confirm this cable works great to get audio into iPad via CCK3! It's a pair of 1/4" TS to a Host cable.

Comments

• That looks useful :)

• Definitely handy. Any audio you want to get from some TS to a USB. Just tested with the Korg plugKEY and worked fine out from there as well.

• I really love this dongle - I may even put it on a Lanyard!

Works as well:: Circuit-->Line2USB-->Novation AudioHub (USB Port) --> (AudioHub) hosted by iPad via CCK. Picks up MidiSynth too!

• That's cool! Now they need to make it line to Lighting direct.

• edited December 2017

Bought this fabulous cable (Behringer Line-2-USB) yesterday, and, WTF, how could I live a life without this before?

So easy to sample my old hardware synth direct into Beatmaker 3, with awesome sound quality!

$20 is a bargain!! Recommend!

• Do you think more than one can be used simultaneously for more inputs?

Look handy btw, thx for sharing!

• @recccp said:
    Do you think more than one can be used simultaneously for more inputs?

Just use your mixer for that...?

• @recccp said:

iOS only allows one audio interface at a time. Multiple midi interfaces are possible, but not audio.

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@recccp said:

Just use your mixer for that...?

Looking for something portable... possibly powered by the iPad

• @wim said:

@recccp said:

iOS only allows one audio interface at a time. Multiple midi interfaces are possible, but not audio.

Yeah, unfortunately... but you can never know with behringer :)

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

@recccp said:

@wim said:

@recccp said:

You mean ... like they can hack iOS? They rip off a lot of stuff (cheaply and often very well), but I don't think they're that good. B)

It's an iOS / Apple thing and isn't dependent on the audio interface in any way.

• @wim said:

@recccp said:

@wim said:

@recccp said:

You mean ... like they can hack iOS? They rip off a lot of stuff (cheaply and often very well), but I don't think they're that good. B)

It's an iOS / Apple thing and isn't dependent on the audio interface in any way.

Not the OS, just the way it sees the interface if its the same model. But you are right of course.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

Yes, the OS. That is what handles “seeing” the interface. But - we quibble for nought. :D

• It’s $40.00 in Canadian funds but who cares. Mine arrived yesterday.

• edited December 2017

nvm

• Did anyone try this with pc? Also, is there any noticeable latency?

• @nothumanatall said:
    Did anyone try this with pc? Also, is there any noticeable latency?

No latency at all...

• I have both the Line2USB and the Mic2USB and honestly they are just fantastic. I use the Line2USB for my guitar and bass and there is zero latency. It's SO much simpler than having to set up a USB hub, an interface, etc. etc. It's not perfect, but for guerilla-style recording on the fly, and for just jamming out, they're fantastic.

The first Mic2USB I ordered from Sweetwater had a bunch of crackle and noise, so they sent me a new one that was just fine. No noise, nothing. Use one side or the other for mono bass or guitar - I run it into AUM and then I have EVERY effect at my disposal.

$20 here in the states, and worth EVERY penny. Even if you already have an audio interface, these are great to have as a quick fix/travel input/backup.

• mmmh...i'm not convinced after i saw the price.You can get a real interface (with inAND out) from behringer (the UCA222) for about 15€ 2nd hand.I would still prefer this instead.