Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Keynality Fraser Stuart

Comments

• edited July 2017

Keynality has now been upgraded to support Audiobus. It's a fun little app built with AudioKit by Fraser Stuart:

http://audiokitpro.com/keynality-built-with-audiokit/

• There is a junior version to try for free.

• I can't find a video of this anywhere, does anybody have a link?

• edited May 2018

@kobamoto
    I can’t find any videos either. The website has a lot of info, and you can try the free one. I have the paid version and I really like it. Maybe you don’t need it if you already have a favorite chord player type app. One great feature this has is it can load sound fonts and has midi in, so at the very least you can use it as a sound font player.

https://keynality.fsrsapp.com/

• edited May 2018

thanks Cracklepot I got in touch with the dev, outside of (loading sound fonts) which is what caught my eye.. how do you compare it to the other chord apps you've got?

• @kobamoto said:
    thanks Cracklepot I got in touch with the dev, outside of (loading sound fonts) which is what caught my eye.. how do you compare it to the other chord apps you've got?

I like the simplicity of the layout for sure. It is a straight forward grid setup with plenty of chord cells/buttons. It has a scale locked keyboard for melodies, but no custom user scale support. The synths are not great, but the .SF2 file support is great.
    Sometimes I prefer SoundPrism or now Navichord, because you can get unexpected things from their layout schemes. But for straight forward chord playing this one is better.

I think ChordMaps2 is most likely the most powerful of these types of chord playing surface apps. But the interface is like a spacecraft control panel with around a thousand buttons. :p

• :) thanks for the info, dev says he's gonna make some vids

• It is now July, still no vids, sigh! Doug, Davey, Jakob, anybody?

• Hmmm - looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's something I'd use at all. Having been to music school, my guilt complex kicks in when I use these "assisting" apps. That's not to say they don't have their place - just not necessarily for me. My own damn ego forces me to figure it out myself.

• edited July 2018

@Daveypoo said:
    Hmmm - looks interesting, but I'm not sure it's something I'd use at all. Having been to music school, my guilt complex kicks in when I use these "assisting" apps. That's not to say they don't have their place - just not necessarily for me. My own damn ego forces me to figure it out myself.

I feel the same way but being a guitar player I use ChordPolyPad all the time which is similar but I always program the notes in myself. I think I’ve generated chords in that app maybe twice since I’ve had it.

Most of these chords apps bug me because there is often no voice leading between chord voicings with chords often blocked out in root position which drives me crazy.