Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

midiSequencer - all IAPs now free (and Quantum discussion)

167891012»

Comments

• @midiSequencer would you mind explaining a little more about follow actions please? (Or just copy paste if you have already explained in this amazing thread). I’m trying to understand how a sequence cycles through the follow actions I select in the right hand side of the module. And what defines follow actions on a single sequence (so a loop I guess) vs jumping to the next sequence and applying follow actions to sequence 2.

I’m had a quick look in the manual but might have missed it.

Thank you. Your app is amazing.

• @gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer would you mind explaining a little more about follow actions please?

I'm working on updating the manual slowly, so yes this might be a little confusing as it's the programmable part of Quantum.

Think of actions as tasks you want a sequence (or a part in a sequence) to do when it loops (which is when it moves from the end to to start).

You can build a list of instructions (per part) that do things like transpose, randomise, play something etc. You create an ordered list of these actions (first one at the bottom, last at the top)

But these instructions don't fire off when you press play, they are only acted upon when the sequencer first loops.

Some instructions are executed immediately (e.g. transpose) and move onto the next (which may also be executed), but others like loop x more wait for the next loop.

• @midiSequencer said:

@gusgranite said:

@midiSequencer would you mind explaining a little more about follow actions please?

I'm working on updating the manual slowly, so yes this might be a little confusing as it's the programmable part of Quantum.

Think of actions as tasks you want a sequence (or a part in a sequence) to do when it loops (which is when it moves from the end to to start).

You can build a list of instructions (per part) that do things like transpose, randomise, play something etc. You create an ordered list of these actions (first one at the bottom, last at the top)

But these instructions don't fire off when you press play, they are only acted upon when the sequencer first loops.

Some instructions are executed immediately (e.g. transpose) and move onto the next (which may also be executed), but others like loop x more wait for the next loop.

Thank you. I am starting to get the hang of them and they are very very cool!

• @midiSequencer said:

@Sygma said:

@midiSequencer said:
    Quantum con> @Sygma said:

Hi Tony, I just got Quantum and I must say that I am impressed!
    Just a bit disappointed that trig conditions ala Elektron are not available (being able to trigger a step every x cycle)
    But thank you anyway for this release

Tell me what you want....I'm sure I can add it.... Will have a look at the Eleckron manual...

Excellent! I am sure you already have a long list of future features, but trig conditions would be fantastic for me. Indeed you should read Elektron manual as it is quite powerful, but one of the simple trigger conditions is to trigger a step once every x cycles : it is different from probability, because it is giving you more control on the sequence
    Thank you very much to be so responsive

will add it to my list :) Sounds like it lives as on the Step Options panel as a setting so you can set it per step.
    I already have accent that makes every x step louder (where x is the time signature numerator on the sequence 2nd page), so this is similar logic but on loops not steps. I also keep count of loops for actions.....

Hi Tony, any news about the trig conditions features ? Indeed, this is a step setting, that could be an extension of the probability settings : you could set the probability from 0 to 100 like now, and add 1/2 (once every 2 loops), 1/3 (once every 3 loops) and 1/4 (once every 4 loops)

• @Sygma said:

Hi Tony, any news about the trig conditions features ? Indeed, this is a step setting, that could be an extension of the probability settings : you could set the probability from 0 to 100 like now, and add 1/2 (once every 2 loops), 1/3 (once every 3 loops) and 1/4 (once every 4 loops)

On my list - couple of bugs come up, but jumping this one up to just after - it seems a popular request.

I'll let you know how I approach it.

• @midiSequencer said:

@Sygma said:

On my list - couple of bugs come up, but jumping this one up to just after - it seems a popular request.

Thank you!

• @midiSequencer said:

@Sygma said:

Sweeeeet!

• how do you save default settings @midiSequencer

• @panthera said:
    how do you save default settings @midiSequencer@midiSequencer

Reset Button
    Reset Sequence to Default values
    Files
    SaveAs - enter your filename

• edited December 2017

@midiSequencer thanks for the quick response, some settings get saved but somehow, ill always have to set
    midi in/out/ master-Slave settings, but some quirks are fine with me, love this app