Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multitrack song portability using N-track studio

I've been messing with various DAWs comparing their advantages to see what fits my Mojo the best. I would like to be able to begin a Song on one machine (IPad for example) throw down a few tracks, and continue to work on it on my IPhone or PC in my house. Using N-track studio I've been able to send songs, complete with automation and effects, from one machine to another with everything intact using Dropbox. Works great. I've seen posts here with people sending Auria tunes to Logic and Cubasis to Cubase of course. But neither of those work on an IPhone, do they? Is there a feature loaded way to send songs in progress back and forth to be worked on in IPad, IPhone & PC/Mac on other DAWs easily and cheaply, or have I found the only one?

Comments

• Nanostudio, FLStudio Mobile, and SunVox all have desktop versions as well. :-)

• True enough. Thanks

• Oh, I forgot. Garageband can export to the desktop version of Garageband too. :-)

• I re-read your question, and realized that I don't think I even answered it. Sorry.... I honestly don't know of any technology (feature loaded way) to send songs in progress back and forth, other than to use DAWs that have desktop versions that are designed to transfer projects back and forth... ACP can again transfer tracks, but I doubt that's what you are looking for... Sorry.

• NanoStudio definitely has the back and forth. You have to use email or nanosync to make it happen though. Export as an NSP each time to make sure your samples stay in sync. If you're not adding any new samples and you've already NSP synced once, you can just move the project. 100% cross device compatible - there's nothing you can do in the desktop version that you can't do on the phone.

• Ya I'm a big Auria fan, but it seems like each app has their own effects and automation formats so shipping back&forth only works if they have versions for every machine. I found out I could WIFI tracks from Multitrack DAW onto my PC pretty easily, probably easier than any other app because its direct sending within the DAW, but MTD doesn't have automation yet! Dropbox with N-track is the best for me so far (and probably the cheapest since you can download older versions onto your Computer for free, and the N-track app is only $4.99)(effects is a little more I forgot how much). I was just basically wondering if anybody had an easier or cheaper way to do it. Thanks anyway @Audiojunkie! :)

• @syrupcore: I'll take a little harder look at Nanostudio. Automation?

• Beatmaker 2 too!!

• I Forgot BM2! (No offense to any BM-lovers!) There's a buncha options out there, I might need some more Tequila to settle my nerves... @Sinapsya how does BM2 send mixed song to a PC? Nano looks pretty tempting. Thinking about dumping Auria so I can get more space on my 32Gb, almost any other DAW would help that part. Somebody just figure it out and decide for me while I go get my Tequila.....

• @NoiseHorse Auria is actually very small! If you haven't already, go into your projects folder and delete that demo project that came with Auria. The entire app drops to about 280Mb..... I would LOVE to find a way to do that with Beatmaker2. :-)

• I actually deleted the demo a while ago. It's up to 7Gb I guess because I store the multitrack songs on Auria in case I wanna remix or add something 20years from now (I only have 8 or 9 songs on there) seems like other apps don't blow up as fast as Auria does to me. I guess I need a cheap permanent storage place for loaded Auria total song files that I could just keep piling songs into. Dropbox isn't big enough unless I sell my car to pay for the big plan.

• edited September 2013

Check your audio setting in Auria when you start a new project. Can blow up quick at 24/96!

Nanostudio doesn't support audio tracks. Definitely try the pc/Mac version first.

Edit: yes, lots of automation.