Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lack of balls when using Jamup Pro through Audiobus

To anyone who uses Jamup Pro.
Whenever I use this app for my guitar into Cubasis, via my Behringer UCA222 interface, the sound always seems to lack balls (for want of a better word). In Audiobus, I have Jamup in the Input slot and Cubasis in the Output slot. The input level is fine but the effect seems to be almost gated with reverb shortened and a generally thinner sound than when I play just using Jamup, when it is not through Audiobus. With Amplitube, I get the full on sounds whether I am playing through Audiobus or not. Any ideas?

Comments

• Do you have it set to stereo?

• @PaulB: I have my guitar plugged into the LEFT channel of my UCA222 (using a mono 1/4in. Jack to RCA phono cable) > USB/CCK into iPad2 > Jamup Pro XT (with Input Channel set to Left Channel) > Input Slot of Audiobus > Cubasis (in output slot of Audiobus) and Audio input Channel in Cubasis set to receive input from JamupPro. The recorded track appears to be stereo but the sound is not as full as listening to it directly in Jamup.

• Is Cubasis the culprit?

Try setting Audiobus output to speaker.

• Beatmaker 2 records JamUp well via audiobus...Auria is superb

• Hmm...maybe it could just have been my naff preset. Using the Rectifier Solo preset seems to work a treat! (See my latest Metal tune 'Halloween' over in the Creations section!).
    Thanks for the suggestions!